HOPEFULLY LESS THAN A YEAR WAIT: New 2018 (MY18) S550.2 Mustang V8 10-speed ordered

Soldato
it looks as good as the orange as will the yellow, but i think you'd need to see the yellow first just in case it's the wrong shade and too lemony..
(the other Yank muscle car is way too expensive........you know that widebody thing ;) )

Soldato
USA PP2 package, 350 springs, 350 anti-roll bars, front splitter, rear lip:

ford-mustang-gt-performance-pack-level-2.jpg

Looks really nice. :)

Only available on the manual...? Seems odd.

OcUK Staff
OP
Only available on the manual...? Seems odd.

It is essentially a track and drivers focused package, hence the 305 section cup tyres, 3.73 manual, cloth or leather recaro, no digital dash etc. All about lap times, though in theory the 10-speed would be quicker but that goes against a drivers car.

Not an option I would choose as I want the A10 and digital dash. The only part I want for my car is the front splitter and GT 350 lowering springs, shall order those from Ford USA and get Ford UK to fit them for me which they now do. :)

Caporegime
To me that PP2 package takes away a lot of what the Mustang is about, a road car that is lol fun, by making it more track orientated. Seems odd but no doubt some Americans will love that.

OcUK Staff
OP
To me that PP2 package takes away a lot of what the Mustang is about, a road car that is lol fun, by making it more track orientated. Seems odd but no doubt some Americans will love that.

Just to compete with Camaro 1LE package, track days is a big thing in the US, just like the UK and Ford / GM like to offer packages that essentially make a car more geared towards track driving.
Though I think they have missed an opportunity by not making the 10-speed auto still an option, but I guess Ford are not so interested in lap times, whereas GM are a bit more motivated by ring times and all that.

Also Mustang's have always being about track performance, they are huge for it, BOSS 302 is still very famous and a car that was a huge success, they have a long history of track focused Mustangs, but more about the driving and enjoyment of track driving, not necessarily lap times though the BOSS 302 was hugely quick on track.

Caporegime
@Gibbo I think that's the American mindset and simply something I can't understand. Not saying it's a problem with them - more likely an issue with me! If I was tracking on a regular basis I think I'd be looking at a very different type of car (I'm looking at you Cayman S or even the likes of an MX-5). I have no doubt the Mustang performs exceptionally well but I just don't think (opinion again) that it's the optimum solution and to me is just a sheer awesome performance road car.

Saying that I've never tried one around a track so I'm happy to be told I'm full of crap by a fella who has :p

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo I think that's the American mindset and simply something I can't understand. Not saying it's a problem with them - more likely an issue with me! If I was tracking on a regular basis I think I'd be looking at a very different type of car (I'm looking at you Cayman S or even the likes of an MX-5). I have no doubt the Mustang performs exceptionally well but I just don't think (opinion again) that it's the optimum solution and to me is just a sheer awesome performance road car.

Saying that I've never tried one around a track so I'm happy to be told I'm full of crap by a fella who has :p

No different than say Porsche with GT cars, the regular ones go round track fine, the GT's go even better.
Or Mercedes with Black series AMG cars.
Or BMW with M cars

I guess the point is people buy a Mustang track edition, just like they buy a Porsche GT or an AMG Black, its hugely fast on the road but its very capable on track and will beat a lot of track dedicated stuff.

Saying that I took my Mustang on track when I first had it and it was shocking how good it was, very competent in the corners, a lot more so than I expected and that was before I went wild with the car. :D

Soldato
I guess the point is people buy a Mustang track edition, just like they buy a Porsche GT or an AMG Black, its hugely fast on the road but its very capable on track and will beat a lot of track dedicated stuff.

Saying that I took my Mustang on track when I first had it and it was shocking how good it was, very competent in the corners, a lot more so than I expected and that was before I went wild with the car. :D

is the track version better for country roads or a normal mustang with different suspension........

OcUK Staff
OP
That's a 3 year ban............LOL

Why would it be ban? Plenty of places you can go to safely max your car out and with 800HP it does not need a huge amount of distance to get upto such speeds, its doing 130mph in the quarter mile and accelerates insanely fast to around 175mph, only once in 6th it takes a touch longer due to being an over drive gear.

OcUK Staff
OP
is the track version better for country roads or a normal mustang with different suspension........

Why don't you read up and you will find your answer, because most people would realise a car running 305 michelin cups all round is not gonna be particular great on a country road. Better off with the regular car with the thinner PS4s tyres, ride better and won't be tramlining or falling off the road when it rains.

Big wide cup tyres work great on track, not too great for the road though, most who buy the PP2 car will be using it as a weekend / track car or have another set of wheels for road use fitted with normal rubber.

Soldato
Why would it be ban? Plenty of places you can go to safely max your car out and with 800HP it does not need a huge amount of distance to get upto such speeds, its doing 130mph in the quarter mile and accelerates insanely fast to around 175mph, only once in 6th it takes a touch longer due to being an over drive gear.

try doing that around here and you'll deffo get nicked. :eek::eek: but yea i know what you're saying though

Soldato
Why don't you read up and you will find your answer, because most people would realise a car running 305 michelin cups all round is not gonna be particular great on a country road. Better off with the regular car with the thinner PS4s tyres, ride better and won't be tramlining or falling off the road when it rains.

Big wide cup tyres work great on track, not too great for the road though, most who buy the PP2 car will be using it as a weekend / track car or have another set of wheels for road use fitted with normal rubber.

ok that's fine

Soldato
I'm pretty sure he means on track, drag strips, or Autobahn, not normal roads...
yes he does, you can of course speed on normal roads but you'd need to be really careful..........we never had any of this rubbish back in the 80s.
the biggest disapointment of all, of course, was the closure of Blackbushe Drag strip, because not only was that close to us, but it killed the muscle car scene locally...........you used to see muscle cars all around Weybridge, walton- on- thames, Working and then suddenly they all vanished.
the most famous of all being the Ford Pop Pinball Wizard, great memories and sad too

OcUK Staff
OP
RTR announces their 2018, very subtle and low cost modifications, but it sure does look good, not so sure about the light up grill though. Mustang_RTR18.jpg

Back
Top Bottom