Games that have disappeared into oblivion, what would you like to see make a come back?

Soldato
Wings
B17 Flying Fortress
Knights Of The Sky
Birds Of Prey
F15 Strike Eagle 1 and 2
Battle Of Britain
F/A 18 Interceptor
Gunship
A10 Tank Killer

Such fond memories.

Yup had all of those lol, plus 1942 the pacific air war too. Either had a campaign to do or a strategy carrier map where you could choose to fly the planes you sent on strike missions, was amazing.

Also a game called screamin demons over europe, I remember that at the time being the most technologically advanced flight sim out there, was the first one where you could shoot individual bits of an aircraft off. Looks absolutely gash now but was amazing at the time.

Soldato
Yup had all of those lol, plus 1942 the pacific air war too. Either had a campaign to do or a strategy carrier map where you could choose to fly the planes you sent on strike missions, was amazing.

Also a game called screamin demons over europe, I remember that at the time being the most technologically advanced flight sim out there, was the first one where you could shoot individual bits of an aircraft off. Looks absolutely gash now but was amazing at the time.

Yep I remember them, I've prob missed plenty from that list. I was flight sim crazy when I was a lad, Amiga had some fantastic sims.

Soldato
Add my vote to Command & Conquer, but strictly in the style of the original or maybe Red Alert.
Lemmings - I lost countless hours playing Lemmings 2 The Tribes on the Amiga, trying to get that elusive all gold win.
The Microprose Flight Sims (F15 Strike Eagle, F117 Stealth Bomber etc.).
The Wing Commander games (but not with EA if that meant MP only).
The Janes flight sims (but not with EA if that meant MP only).
Sensible Soccer!
X-Wing/Tie Fighter Star Wars space combat sim.

Basically as noted above loads of old Amiga games and anything from the classic flight and space sims which appear to have gone out of favour.

Soldato
I agree that another Jedi Knight game could be good, if done right. I preferred the lightsaber gameplay over the gun play, not sure if everyone else was the same. Getting the balance right would be important.

And on that note, I really really really really want a KOTOR 3. SWTOR was fine for a while, but it was no KOTOR 3.

I'm not sure I'd want City of Heroes to come back, I like having free time. I did really enjoy that game though (CoV less so). Like other have said, I don't really remember having many bad interactions with other players. Also made some good friends.
Community wasn't huge, maybe we knew each other in game? Were you guys Defiant or Union based? were you known for one character? I alted a lot, but was probably best known as 'Highguard' (on defiant and as a global name).

Soldato
I came in here to nominate the KOTOR series, and not surprised to see I was beaten to it :)

I'd also really like to see another Dragon's Dogma SP game. DD: Dark Arisen was really great despite some blatant flaws, with unique gameplay mechanics and character system that really made it stand out. DD Online is not anything I'm interested in (even if it were ever to be released over here...), but I'd love a SP sequel that could build on the first and improve those areas it was a bit janky (graphics, poorly populated locations, post-game grind, repetitive companion dialogue).

Associate
Wing Commander. I wish someone would build a giant sprawling universe loosely based on a wing commander, privateer style game, with a tie in single player campaign. They could maybe kick start it, I'm sure there are more than enough fans of the originals around to get it going. And I'm sure they'd be able to knock it out in a couple years. :p

Associate
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.....Nintendo Gamecube 2002

Superb horror game inspired by HP Lovecraft with insanity effects that broke the fourth wall such as making you think your gamecube had broken or that giant bugs where crawling on the inside of your TV screen!

Caporegime
I agree that another Jedi Knight game could be good, if done right. I preferred the lightsaber gameplay over the gun play, not sure if everyone else was the same. Getting the balance right would be important.

And on that note, I really really really really want a KOTOR 3. SWTOR was fine for a while, but it was no KOTOR 3.

I'm not sure I'd want City of Heroes to come back, I like having free time. I did really enjoy that game though (CoV less so). Like other have said, I don't really remember having many bad interactions with other players. Also made some good friends.
Community wasn't huge, maybe we knew each other in game? Were you guys Defiant or Union based? were you known for one character? I alted a lot, but was probably best known as 'Highguard' (on defiant and as a global name).

Defiant forever! Global name was as here. In fact it was the first online 'persona' I carried across multiple places. Other characters on hero side were Boudicea, a Broadsword/Invuln Scrapper and Angel Terra, a Earth Control/Kinetics Controller, complete with 'Geologist' badge. :) I had quite a few villains too but I agree, Villain side wasn't as well developed, it felt like there was less to do Red side.

Associate
BioShock
Burnout
World In Conflict
Sleeping Dogs
Bad Company

Mass Effect (once the memories of Andromeda have faded, but maybe it had its run)
Half Life (just Episode 3)

Back
Top Bottom