31.5" 2560x1440 165 Hz VA G-Sync - LG 32GK850G

Soldato
I'm going to wait mate, I have £700 tops to spend on a monitor and I just can't seem to find one that fits my needs :(
Yep same boat. Absolutely nothing good with gsync atm.

Funny enough, my laptop has a great quality IPS gsync monitor using a Phillips panel, but only 60hz. And is Gsync in name only. It has no gsync module, but is using vesa adaptive sync to work.

Associate
Yep same boat. Absolutely nothing good with gsync atm.

Funny enough, my laptop has a great quality IPS gsync monitor using a Phillips panel, but only 60hz. And is Gsync in name only. It has no gsync module, but is using vesa adaptive sync to work.

All I want is wide/ultrawide, 1440p, G Sync and at least 120hz and wall mountable :(

can see me getting inpatient and buying a X34A

Soldato
All I want is wide/ultrawide, 1440p, G Sync and at least 120hz and wall mountable :(

can see me getting inpatient and buying a X34A

Don't LG is coming out with this in March, lets wait a bit.

- 34" Ultrawide Curved, Nano IPS, 3440x1440, G-Sync 120Hz, DCI-P3 98%

X34 is already 2 year old tech, and you have to replace few of them to find a good one.

Associate
Don't LG is coming out with this in March, lets wait a bit.

- 34" Ultrawide Curved, Nano IPS, 3440x1440, G-Sync 120Hz, DCI-P3 98%

X34 is already 2 year old tech, and you have to replace few of them to find a good one.

Meh, lets do it I guess. I currently have an LG ultra wide 1080p but the 60hz refresh is killing me and my card can easily run 1440p so why not.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
March needs to hurry up :D

Agreed! I was ready to pull the trigger on the new Samsung model, especially when another retailed dropped the price for Cyber Monday, but there were too many negative comments for my liking... I've had my current monitor for many years, and decided that I could wait a few more months for the competition to offer similar panels. It certainly feels like we are now having a jump in performance with VA panels based on the Samsung monitor and (potentially) this LG model.

Associate
So everyone is aware, I have had a meeting yesterday with a guy from HQ, and I have asked if the new Nano-IPS tech on some of the new higher end models reduces the IPS panel bleed

once I have a definitive answer from R&D I will let you all know :)

Associate
@Daniel - LG
I know I already mentioned before, but it's buried back in the thread now - I'm just wondering if you'd be in a position to know whether tftcentral.co.uk would be sent a review unit of the 32GK850G (and in advance of the hoped UK release in March)? There's a lot of people wanting to see how their response time measurements show this stacking up against other VA panels.

Back
Top Bottom