• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU prices go boom

Associate
Bitcoin 25 per cent fall over the last week, and a drop of 44 per cent over the last month. Ebay are doing £1 final fee at the moment if any miners are interested. Might be a good time to sell those GPUs :D

Last edited:
Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
Bitcoin 25 per cent fall over the last week, and a drop of 44 per cent over the last month. Ebay are doing £1 final fee at the moment if any miners are interested. Might be a good time to sell those GPUs :D

Hopefully, then all the lightweights will drop out of the mining market leaving loads of cheap cards for us long-termers to hoover up, can't wait to upset the gamers even more when they get beaten to every cheap 2nd hand card as well mwuahahahahaha...

Associate
Hopefully, then all the lightweights will drop out of the mining market leaving loads of cheap cards for us long-termers to hoover up, can't wait to upset the gamers even more when they get beaten to every cheap 2nd hand card as well mwuahahahahaha...

Wherever makes you happy ☺ don't make it too long term or you may become the riches man in the graveyard. what with or the stress of the rollercoaster ride of the crazy up and down prices. its not for me but i don't have a problem with long termers like yourselves as its your hobby.

Soldato
Finally got ethminer to work on my RX 480. Crappy hash rate of ~17.5 Mh/s, most people seem to be getting 22-25 Mh/s. Might be my ageing X58 system bottlenecking somewhere. Probably no good for me to mine whilst my PC is on and not gaming; I'd only make like $1.20 per 24 hours of background use (at current exchange rates and electricity costs), which I'd struggle to do since I only use the PC for a few hours each week whilst not actually gaming.

Last edited:
Associate
another 25% drop and vega should stop being that profitable and maybe miners will be less willing to pay almost double it's price, or just a significant difficulty increase would do the trick, come on, we are almost back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom