• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Associate
Seems so. Reckon DPD will have cancelled all leave tomorrow... :)

This marks a first for me- I've never bought new kit on its release day before. Very exciting!
I shall be back at the cutting edge for the first time since I hammered an online benchmarking site and came 24th out of 27,000 PCs with my overclocked 4770K. Yeah, I saved that screenshot...

Feel like a little kid at Christmas time. Not bad for nearly 40.

EDIT Also nice to be back here. Used to be on here loads, but just been an occasional lurker for the last couple of years, mainly due to me not being able to keep up with the Joneses.
So, hi everybody! :)

Last edited:
Associate
to me the 8700 is pretty bad value, look at this data.....

.... I am saying it which was previously unknown to me, at the 8700 price point, if you have a htt friendly workload, spend it on ryzen 2 instead.

Cat-the-filth and I were chatting specifically about DAW usage where Intel still has a sizeable lead. If you aren't considering over-clocking which might be the case with DAW users as you tend to want to keep system noise in check then the 8700 makes the most sense.

Associate
I'm going to order the 2600X but can't decide whether to keep the Gaming3 B350 or not.

What would be the advantages in getting a X470 board speed-wise if I'm not really planning on overclocking? I've been eyeing up the X470 Taichi.

Soldato
Next april feels about right for the 7nm chips, or AMD threatens to irk its enthusiast base...
Not necessarily, there are people like me with 5820Ks who want to upgrade but need a much bigger performance increase to justify the upgrade. I mean look how long some people kept their Sandybridge CPUs when Intel were dripfeeding us improvements.

Also, if AMD are sitting on something that will truly crush Intel then they'd better release it quickly and take back that market share as Intel will not rest on their laurels for much longer I'm sure.

Soldato
Don't get me wrong, it'd be nice if they did!! An annual release policy seems most sensible though.
I'm not sure, I just don't want AMD to give Intel the luxury of being able to take their time to respond and I want them to put Intel on the back foot and to keep pushing. That's how we get back to a state where we got a lot more than a 5% increase per generation.

Back
Top Bottom