PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Caporegime
if you like it buy it if you dont dont.why get hell bent about something if you not buying it. they are a company. you make money as your goal.

i dont get why people get so hell bent on how much money a studio make on a game.its their sole reason for making it.regardless of whatever they tell you.they in it for money.

Soldato
Exactly - of course they are going to milk it as much as they can - anyone would. They are in it to make money, it's a business.

If you like it and want to pay for it - go ahead - if you don't, then don't.

But screaming about how ridiculous it is etc is just silly.

Soldato
Bit of a slap in the face after their last press release saying basically they have dropped the ball and will be focusing on game performance and the network issues instead of cosmetics and then they release this...

Soldato
They have basically robbed Fornites model for battle passes.

Fortnite makes all its money off skins and the like, as the main game is free. Would mildly annoy me to still be paying for the main game then have to stump up for items.

Personally I really like the battle pass in fortnite, you pay once and you can have enough money doing challenges to pay for the next one and so on, essentially getting premium content for a tenner indefinitely.

Soldato
Fortnite makes all its money off skins and the like, as the main game is free. Would mildly annoy me to still be paying for the main game then have to stump up for items.

Personally I really like the battle pass in fortnite, you pay once and you can have enough money doing challenges to pay for the next one and so on, essentially getting premium content for a tenner indefinitely.
Can't you do that in Pubg by selling the free crates?

They have basically robbed Fornites model for battle passes. My son and his mates all go mad for fornite/battle passes at the moment.

Not sure I would bother.

And Fortnite 'robbed' it from Dota I believe. Fortnite is a mish mash of ideas from other games, so not sure you can really rob anything from it lol.

Soldato
So have just logged for a game for the first time in a few weeks to find they've removed map selection and are asking for money for some sort of event.
And I seem to remember an interview saying the were concentrating on networking issues over cosmetics......so that was a lie then?

Caporegime
no its just the usual rant of a gamer.

they have increased performance a little altered graphics slightly.the UI change was a stupid move though.now more differcult to do basic things.through the UI interface. its one of my pet hates with games. often well made systems or simple systems are made more complicated or less user friendly because someone is working and needs to be doing something.always happens.stupid.

i hope they add a map selection UI change selector at some point which i think they will.at the moment the two maps just quit lobby until you get the right one . sanhok isnt effected by this you just join that instantly.

just remember different people at studios do different jobs. so things you may want or they may say may not be being done by the same people. you often see how many dont understand this when a update for a game comes out say a artisic change and someone says why havent you fixed the anticheat.the same people are not working on what you want fixed so it doesnt mean they arent working on it . its just different people are.

the DLC is for people who want it.if you dont want it just dont buy it. doesnt effect your game if you dont own it.

trying to smash 50 wins for this season.doing well upto 41 now on FP Euro. the ocuk selec crew have been smashing it recently.me and locky been vetting people to join us :D

1st game solos this morning equals win so nine away for this seasons goal.of 50 wins. 30 i would have been happy with so 50 in sight and i think i may surpass that really pleased with try harding it this season. :D

if you want to see the reasoning behind the map selection havve a read here

https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/266342-the-weekly-pubg-corp-community-update-1st-edition/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom