PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
First sorry if they already a thread I did try searching and nothing showed up?
Been playing the closed beta of this game and am in love with it. Its like H1Z1 only more Hardcore... Gun mechanics are solid with nice recoil to control. Animations for such early game are miles better than H1z1.

Even the Driving is much better its not perfect tho, some performance issue here and there, glitches etc

Loads people streaming on Twitch etc The Beta is running till 19th March but only on each Weekend. So in couple hours this build will be switched off till next weekend when a new Beta build is released to test.

Here is a little video of the Unreal Engine 4 soft body Physics

YouTube JackFrags

http://store.steampowered.com/app/578080/
https://www.playbattlegrounds.com/

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Founds a few reviews which I'm going to watch through but 90% sure I'm going to jump on this when it gets on Steam.

If it's pants (doesn't look it atm) I can always refund - looking forward to it.

To Be fair, Reviewing a game that isn't yet released should be taken very lightly. The game isn't perfect and does have issues but I can tell you 100% for a game in such early stage its got more going for it than anyother Battle game of this type, even Dayz can fall under this genre.

1. Decent amount vehicles, all have decent driving mec
2. Loads weapons all again feel different in there own right
3. Map is big enough with loads different areas
4. Player movement feels good, the player feels grounded I.E not floaty like H1Z1
5. Audio guns sound great, footsteps are loud enough

Soldato
OP
Closed beta update 2 for this weekend
Players,

Today we look at the major changes we have made this week. Before we get to that, we have a new trailer! Check it out on pcgamer.com!.

All servers will open at 8AM PST/ 4PM UTC on Friday, and close at 8AM PST/ 4PM UTC the following Monday!

Next onto the changes and bug fixes we have made to the game for this weekend’s test.

KNOWN ISSUES

Your client may freeze/lock when entering a game, or when returning to the lobby.Restart your game to fix this issue
The spectate camera is fixed in 3rd person view when spectating teammates. We will continue to improve this feature over the coming months
You may not be able to loot some items
There may be cases of your character getting stuck in certain areas of the world

CHANGES

Gameplay

• Both SOLO and DUOs modes are available all weekend
• It will now be easier to drive through wooden and barbed wire fences
• The X key has been included in key bindings
• The default screen setting is now “Fullscreen Windowed”
• You can now press the F key to cut away from the parachute when it gets stuck in various objects

Performance & Stability

• Server performance has been improved, and we have resolved multiple crash issues
• Decreased the video and system memory that the game client uses
• Resolved the client crash issue that occurred when trying to exit the game

Outgame

• Stats and leaderboards have been added. Results from the closed beta will be reset once the closed beta is over

BUG FIXES

Gameplay & UI/UX

• Fixed a bug that prevented the items from being looted in some occasions
• Fixed a bug that resulted in glare being too bright for certain scopes

See you in-game,

PLAYERUNKNOWN

Soldato
OP
They having issues with servers atm and have promised longer time on Monday to make up for it.

PSA We expect the login & matchmaking issues fixed within an hour! We will keep servers online on Monday to make up for this downtime!

Soldato
OP
I had to drop down to 1080p to keep Frame rates up. Optimisation is coming soon they said on a stream other day. At the moment we just server testing.

Had a blast on this over the weekend so much so when game is released its replacing CSGO for me.

Soldato
OP
Oooh this weekends Beta weekend will include not only the solo and 2 player teams mode, but also the 3 player teams mode and the 4 player teams mode too. WOO !
Can't wait to play :D here is the patch notes.

Players,

Today we look at the major changes we have made this week. Before we get to that, we are exctied to announce a new gamemode for this weekend's testing, SQUADS! In SQUADS, you will be able to team up in groups of 2, 3 or 4 players, or if you prefer, you can still play solo and take on everyone alone!

BpBU8u7.jpg

All servers will open at 8AM PDT/ 3PM UTC on Friday, and close at 8AM PDT/ 3PM UTC the following Monday!

Next onto the changes and bug fixes we have made to the game for this weekend’s test.

KNOWN ISSUES

Your character may sometimes exit a vehicle in an unarmed state

CHANGES

GAMEPLAY

• Added SQUADS gamemode. In SQUADS, you can create teams from 1 to 4 players in size. You can enter a round with either the group you teamed up with, or be randomly teamed with 3 other players once in the match
• Increased player count to 100 per match
• All players now start the match in a single airplane
• Fixed a bug that prevented certain items not being lootable due to them spawning inside of walls, or stuck between different objects

ACTION

• The moving speed when in the REVIVE state has been slightly increased
• The moving speed when sprinting now varies slightly according to the weapon your character is holding
• Improved the quality of swimming animations
• Fixed an issue that caused the looting animation to not happen if a player has bad connectivity to the server

ENVIRONMENT

• Fog effects have been added to long distance views when freefalling/parachuting down to the island

UI/UX IMPROVMENTS

• The compass on the top of the screen is now more visible
• When in team modes, a speaker icon will appear next to the name of the teammate talking
• When in team spectate mode and there are more than 2 teammates alive, you can toggle between views of the remaining teammates
• The drag-and-unequip-from-inventory action has now been improved to be more responsive

LEADERBOARDS

• Balance changes made to rankings. There won’t be any changes to any previous ranking attained

BUG FIXES

• Fixed some issues that were causing client crashes
• Fixed a bug that caused the character to go under the map when landing with a parachute
• Fixed team spectator so now you will see all views (3rd/1st/ADS) of the spectated player
• Fixed a bug that prevented you from figuring out sound direction in spectate mode

See you in-game,

PLAYERUNKNOWN

Soldato
OP
I was actually tempted last night to pre-order it direct from the site. I'm too lazy to wait until the 23rd as I need something new to play and 3/4 player Squads could be excellent.

Sadly they were sold out of all pre-order copies, something I have never heard of before. It's either very clever marketing hype "the game is that good we have run out" or they genuinely didn't expect it to become that popular this soon and under budgeted.

Either way my hand was forced, I'll have to wait until the 23rd :(

They stopped the pre-order because of high demand and putting way more player into the beta than they wanted. They also said the limited edition was selling so fast it wouldn't be limited edition anymore.

The main reason was over load, the closed beta isn't ready for high demand just yet and was the reason last weekend beta had issues for couple hours.

Soldato
OP
Ah that makes sense skankly - seems like a sensible decision from the devs, most big companies would smash out unlimited copies just to get the revenue in! I'll just have to watch a few more twitch steams and wait until Thursday.

Yep was just saying that other day with friends, remember warZ lol would they have stopped pre-order not a chance.

Back
Top Bottom