What PC games are you playing?

Permabanned
Kingdom come deliverance reminds me of playing a medieval historical version of Oblivion and I say Oblivion over Skyrim just because Cyrodil is closer to Bohemia.

Soldato
I won't go on, as everyone knows by now that New Vegas is my favourite game of all time, and imo definitely the greatest RPG ever made, but you mention it is light on mechanics when it is by far the most complex of all the games(survival mode from the start, more stats, more branching quests and consequences, stats that actuslly impact dialogue and quests, weapon mods etc and a whole host of stuff 3 didn't have) and the gunplay is far superior to 3. 3 didn't even have iron sights!

Anyway yes, play New Vegas. It is awesome!... And play the dlc too!:)

Good stuff. I'm only an hour or two in and although I'm taking things slow, I'm enjoying it so far. I seem to have quite a few quests on the go already, which is a bit overwhelming. Would you recommend ploughing through them or just exploring?

Soldato
Good stuff. I'm only an hour or two in and although I'm taking things slow, I'm enjoying it so far. I seem to have quite a few quests on the go already, which is a bit overwhelming. Would you recommend ploughing through them or just exploring?

I always say with NV the best thing to do is to follow the main quest(doing a few of the bigger side quests) until you get to New Vegas. Once you get there, the game opens up and exploring makes much more sense.

Soldato
I always say with NV the best thing to do is to follow the main quest(doing a few of the bigger side quests) until you get to New Vegas. Once you get there, the game opens up and exploring makes much more sense.

Good advice, thanks. I've been playing online FPS and driving games for so long that I feel really out of my comfort zone in a story-driven RPG. I'm determined to stick with this though, it seems to good to pass by. (It appears that I have all the DLC too, I must have bought "the whole shebang" version when it was on sale sometime.)

Soldato
Good advice, thanks. I've been playing online FPS and driving games for so long that I feel really out of my comfort zone in a story-driven RPG. I'm determined to stick with this though, it seems to good to pass by. (It appears that I have all the DLC too, I must have bought "the whole shebang" version when it was on sale sometime.)
New Vegas was my first RPG gaming experience after a gap of 15 years of non gaming. I too remember feeling quite overwhelmed at first too, particularly with the many menus and functions of the Pipboy along with the branching side quests. Stick in, relax and take your time with it, you'll naturally get to grips with it before too long. It's an amazing gaming experience.

Soldato
New Vegas was my first RPG gaming experience after a gap of 15 years of non gaming. I too remember feeling quite overwhelmed at first too, particularly with the many menus and functions of the Pipboy along with the branching side quests. Stick in, relax and take your time with it, you'll naturally get to grips with it before too long. It's an amazing gaming experience.

Good stuff. Will do, thanks.

Associate
Just started Yooka-Laylee... fantastic platformer and having loads of fun so far. Basically old school (when they made decent games) Rare N64 Banjo-Kazoooie; just for the PC and with more polish. Worth every penny for the nostalgia trip - even nails the Rare humour and styling.

Associate
Just started Yooka-Laylee... fantastic platformer and having loads of fun so far. Basically old school (when they made decent games) Rare N64 Banjo-Kazoooie; just for the PC and with more polish. Worth every penny for the nostalgia trip - even nails the Rare humour and styling.

My son enjoys this on his Xbox One! It definitely reminds me of the Rare games of old.

Soldato
Bounced around a few games since completing Dying Light but nothing really tickled me that much so back to The Following. Feels good to be back in Harran, even if it's a less urban landscape.

Soldato
Just started a new game of Fallout 4. I put 30 hours in to the game when it first came out but stumbled across the Detective Valentine accidently when exploring which cut out loads of the missions and spoiled the game for me so I abandoned it. Enough time has passed now for me to want to try again but was wondering how you guys generally balance the urge to explore with the need to try and follow the games path? I explored freely in New Vegas without ever ruining the main story missions so I'm not sure if what happened to me could be considered a design flaw or not. The exploration in the Fallout games are the games strongest feature though aren't they but now a feel like I need to temper my desire to explore and follow the main mission indicators more. Thoughts?

Soldato
Finally "finished" Nier today (still stuff to get back to and see, without spoilers) with 88% sidequest completion. Has been a hell of a ride and one of the weirdest things I've played but quite fantastic throughout. It makes me laugh when I think how far I was from the actual ending the last time I posted:p It has flaws, it's bizarre and made on a low budget but easily earns a spot on my most special titles of all time list, also with an 11/10 OST.

Don't know what I'll be playing now, apart from 100%'ing Nier. Probably still Tekken once I get a new DS4. Also revisited Forza Horizon 3 and it's still lots of fun so I'll try to wrap up all the championships I have left and the expansions.

Hoping to grab FFXV on PC at some point to replay at 60fps with all the content but that'll have to wait. Maybe Vampyr at some point as well.

The rest of my gaming plans are on PS4:

-GoW
-U4 on Crushing
-Shadow of the Colossus remake
-wrapping up Yakuza 6
-Gravity Rush 1&2 (almost done with 1)

Probably in that order.

Soldato
I knew I should not have done it, but I fired up Baldurs Gate : EE again and I am currently ploughing through it for the upteenth time.

Its a testament to how good this game is, or how much I love the genre, but its still thoroughly enjoyable.

Associate
Ballistic Tanks

Remember Combat on the Atari VCS ?? Well this is it, bought bang up to date and on steroids. Only 79p too currently in the Steam sale. Cracking little game and the bots have got good AI.
Went to play for 10 minutes yesterday, 3 hours later.....

Associate
Just bought the "complete" Command and Conquer pack on cdkeys for £5.99 (17 games!!)

Started playing the first C&C again last night, absolutely loved it! Memories of playing it on one of my old x86 PC back when it came out. (GDI/NOD... love it).
Will probably be streaming it again tonight ~ 18:00 onwards, if you fancy having a watch link below.

Soldato
Just bought the "complete" Command and Conquer pack on cdkeys for £5.99 (17 games!!)

Started playing the first C&C again last night, absolutely loved it! Memories of playing it on one of my old x86 PC back when it came out. (GDI/NOD... love it).
Will probably be streaming it again tonight ~ 18:00 onwards, if you fancy having a watch link below.
I know you aren't gonna want to hear this, but always check Origin Access before purchasing nowadays!

HRL

HRL

Soldato
FO:NV. But it keeps crashing. Perhaps I shouldn't have started installing mods before starting the game. :(

Only game that does crash though so I'm assuming it's mod related and nothing else. Might just disable all mods and give it another go tonight.

Soldato
Still replaying F.E.A.R and loving it, blows my mind that a 13 year old game has gunplay this good.

In the evening I’m playing Everspace and it’s just a superb experience. Just like FTL I don’t mind dying, it feels like progression. As you master the controls it feels super slick, and the narration through discovering new things is done brilliantly. A lot of people play 3rd person but the 1st person is so damned immersive.

However, as I play more the rose tinted glasses are coming off, and I’m noticing the world is a little emptier that it could be. There’s a real opportunity for incredible experiences but each sector is starting to feel a little sandy. I’m hoping that as I get further there’ll be more impressive things to discover. Still addicted though, and ‘just one sector’ is a dangerous, ‘3am with sore eyes’ inducing attitude.

Back
Top Bottom