The **Now Eating** Thread

Caporegime
Back from Rome, and have somehow lost a stone in weight despite eating ALL the pizza's and ice cream. Guess a lot of walking in the sub 35c temperatures helped!
I hadn't very many opportunities for taking snaps of my food as I was always starving when they came but here are two pizza pics taken over two days at the Pizza Forum just near the Colloseaum, which was 8mins from our hotel.

Pizza Forum pizza's are lovely. Dough is amazingly soft and the toppings were so flavoursome. Prices ranged from 8 to 13 Euros from what I recall. Given the location (viewing distance of the Colloseaum), that wasn't too bad at all compared to the neighbouring shops!

Standard cheese & tomato with chicken sauasusuauge bits :o
QsbvQ7l.jpg

Mushrooms, Peppers, Spicy Salami from what I recall.
xFDD4Cf.jpg
Looks a darn sight better than anything from dominos or PJ’s!

Caporegime
Thanking you! Once I move & get my kitchen sorted out, I'll have to give it a whirl :D

Oh, and its double cream and whole milk. Jersey Milk if you can, the fattier the milk, the creamier the ice cream.

It's easy to do the ratio. I just get the larger double cream, a small 1 pint milk the steps is this….

Put all the cream into the sauce pan.
Pour milk into the container the cream was in, fill it half way. There is your 2:1 ratio. (I said 3:1 before but it's 2:1).
Add 1 pinch of salt

Fill the same container about 1/3rd with sugar.

Put half the sugar into the pan of cream. In a mixing bowl, crack in 2 eggs (you will see some recipe will ask for just the yoke, I have tried both, can't tell the difference, some ask for a LOT more eggs, some as for no eggs, up to you).

If you have no eggs, because of allergies or whatever reason, you can skip this step and put all the sugar into the cream and milk in the pan. otherwise whisk the half sugar and 2 eggs in the mixing bowl.

Heat the cream and milk and half the sugar until it's about 60c then put a little of that mixture into the egg and STIR, add a little bit more until about half into the mixing bowl, then pour the content of the mixing bowl into the sauce pan. You are doing this instead of putting the eggs into the sauce pan is because if you do that, the second your eggs hit the warm liquid, it will turn into scrambled eggs. If you add little warm milk into the eggs and whisk and slowly bring the egg's temperature up to match, it doesn't turn into scrambled eggs.

Now on a slow heat, keep it low and under 70c for about 10min stirring slowly and constantly until you can draw an line on the back of a spoon. then add a tea spoon of vanilla extract and mix it up.

You need to melt some chocolate separately, either microwave or over hot water, then pour it in and mix it together.

You now need to COOL it. Once cool you put it into an ice cream machine. When it comes out, stir in some chocolate or daim bar.

Soldato
WT9lNL.jpg

Breakfast at EAT. Sourdough toast with smashed avocado and feta. With a clouded lemonade :)

BGNgPV.jpg

Was going to try out this new fried chicken place for lunch. Heard good things about it. The chicken and waffles sounds really good. But I had a free burger to claim on my GKB rewards app and it was due to expire at the end of the week. Soo...

4RCpzz.jpg

A free Hot Diggity burger. The chilli fried egg on top was good :D

Associate
Genuine question ? How can you begin to eat that without making a mess. I would have to be in a private booth curtained off and even then i would need a change of clothes i suspect.

Soldato
3Zkkju.jpg

Trying out the new Zinger Double Down at KFC. Its pretty nice, though I still say the design is a bit too basic. And its not as spicy as its touted to be. They could at least have used pepper jack cheese. And maybe included a hash brown or something to give it a bit more bulk.

Back
Top Bottom