**** The Official OnePlus 5 Thread ****

Soldato
Makes sense and backs up OP's recent announcement about support/updates/patching for devices. I would expect Google might or will make it mandatory to support future updates.

Associate
so got phone at release and love it and have been amazed at the battery life but recently i seem to be eating through it.
just wondering what is the best way to wipe and start again.Is there an app that saves setting and passwords ?

Soldato
So any feedback on the supposed camera improvements?

Also the sandstone ebay cover seemed legit, but still I hate putting a cover on such a nice shaped phone just cos it's too slippery.

Ended up getting a dbrand matt black skin that is perfect. The corners don't fit perfectly, but it looks and feels SOO much better than a case.

Soldato
Got it today. I like the PIN change on the Lock Screen - that was very welcome.

Is there a menu for Treble?

What do you mean by menu? It's more of a sub system software thing than an actual usable feature. It separates the OnePlus customisations from core android for quicker updates.

Soldato
Soldato
Anyone with OP5 have any issues with google pay?

I can add cards etc but then it tells me that I can't use contactless - phone is stock, not rooted, app is up to date, along with all updates.

NFC is switch on, google pay is the default payment option etc.

"This phone can't be used to pay in shops. This may be because it's rooted or altered in some other way"

Soldato
Anyone with OP5 have any issues with google pay?

I can add cards etc but then it tells me that I can't use contactless - phone is stock, not rooted, app is up to date, along with all updates.

NFC is switch on, google pay is the default payment option etc.

"This phone can't be used to pay in shops. This may be because it's rooted or altered in some other way"
You're not on a beta are you? I had this before when I was on the beta channel... went back to official in the end.

Soldato
You're not on a beta are you? I had this before when I was on the beta channel... went back to official in the end.

Nope - 8.1.0 installed, no beta as far as I know. Oxygen 5.1.5. Security patch 1st August 2018.

Might see if I can re-install the lastest updates etc

Soldato
Still no luck - everything is stock, no beta, NFC turned on. I can add cards to google pay but when I try and set up as contactless it comes up with. App is up to date, google play store is up to date.

Rebooted etc - no change

Soldato
Dirty update and my jaybird Bluetooth earphones have no issues.

Edit. Spoke too soon. Vol button on earphones not working and is randomly disconnecting.

Last edited:
Associate
Updated to Pie on the OP5. So far so good.

My OP5 usually sits in it's box waiting for my OP3T to die so that it can be used. Today i unboxed it and OTA updated one version after another to get up to date.

The only reason i did that was to create the Vendor Partition, which makes it possible to flash Custom Pie ROMs. I didn't spend even a minute looking to see what OOS Pie was like before nuking it!

Back
Top Bottom