• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Soldato
Sorry but anyone pre-ordering without seeing any hard performance numbers needs their head examined ^^ All we saw was literally smoke and mirrors, and lets not forget it has to be implemented in games before you'll see the extra shinies.

It's far worse than that though, as already pointed out, we have no FPS numbers or a single shread of evidence these cards are going to bring anything to the table to justify these insane prices... ray tracing alone does NOT do that. Yes it looks nice, but it's not worth paying these prices for that alone. There needs to be more outside of just "extra shinies". We will see what reviews/benchmarks demonstrate... it is concerning they didn't mention this at the event though, would have been an easy drop in and shut us all up lol! Omission of this is concerning.

Soldato
Core for core and clock for clock I suspect gaming performance is exactly the same as Pascal or Volta.

If Turing blew the older architectures away he would have posted the graphs.

Voltage hard limit on GPU? If not potential to best pascal... it’s all irrelevant as you’re buying 4 anyway :)

Soldato
If there was some way to integrate RTX into older titles at a Direct X level, then I could understand more hype. As it stands, I'm really struggling to understand the hype.

The big kicker is we get NO benchmarks/FPS remarks until the 10xx series is probably sold out from flash sales of selling old stock.

I'm happy to get a 2080/70 regardless but a bit of information re: FPS compared to the 1080ti would have meant I buy now. At present.. I feel like I need to wait for some form of benchmark/review other than this tech-hype conference.

Even miners must be like wtf.

Back
Top Bottom