• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RTX 2080 pre-order thread

Associate
Are you planning to watercool that dodgy Asus model?

I probably will alter my order closer to getting more information from reviews/still to be released aftermarket cards.

The Asus Turbo 2080Ti is more of a placeholder at a surprising £1050 (for Asus). Being one of the cheapest 3yr warranty cards with a bonus 2 day RMA turnaround service with OcUK.

If desperation calls and there is no desirable movement with more models being released at an acceptable price (keeping an eye out for the ICX EVGA cards and hybrid models), the Kraken AIO bracket with a H55 will probably be fitted.

Soldato
Has anyone else clocked the MSI Gaming Triple 2080 Ti has 3 power connectors... 2 x 8 and 1 x 6 pin. It also weighs a ton in comparison to the Duke, literally almost 50% again on top so god knows whats in it given one weighs almost 2kg quoted on the site. Mental, clearly not reference PCB either...

Associate
Has anyone else clocked the MSI Gaming Triple 2080 Ti has 3 power connectors... 2 x 8 and 1 x 6 pin. It also weighs a ton in comparison to the Duke, literally almost 50% again on top so god knows whats in it given one weighs almost 2kg quoted on the site. Mental, clearly not reference PCB either...
Completely redesigned PCB on the Gaming X Trio, which is also larger in dimensions compared to the reference models and a much larger fin stack/surface area vs regular aftermarket cards adds significantly to the weight.

Associate

Oh yeah! I missed that. Thanks for letting me know. I need to dig out another PCIE connector now! That would have annoyed me on the day. My PSU sockets are impossible to access without totally removing it! Thanks MSI

Soldato
there's a really funny war of articles going on between WCCFTech and ExtremeTech, wccf are posting up every possible piece of information they can on Turing and Raytracing, Joel over at Extreme is posting a daily article pretty much on how you shouldn't upgrade until games already use the technology, or how a 2080 should be compare to a 1080ti plus you have to completely ignore DLSS because its only in like 21 games or something, so its only going to be 10% faster so don't bother

Associate
there's a really funny war of articles going on between WCCFTech and ExtremeTech, wccf are posting up every possible piece of information they can on Turing and Raytracing, Joel over at Extreme is posting a daily article pretty much on how you shouldn't upgrade until games already use the technology, or how a 2080 should be compare to a 1080ti plus you have to completely ignore DLSS because its only in like 21 games or something, so its only going to be 10% faster so don't bother
From a tflops perspective it seems they very much skimped this generation, but we don't know how these tensor cores are to perform.

Back
Top Bottom