[PIC_THREAD] Landscapes, Architecture, Seascapes

Soldato
If you're looking for filters for long exposure shots then I use the Formatt Hi-tech range.

I have their 10, 16 and 24 stop filters - they're not cheap but from my experience you really do get what you pay for when it comes to filters . . . .

Anything cheaper ? they're as expensive as some lenses :eek: I mean I'm sure they're great but I was hoping budget for filters would be more around £30 for a basic set

Soldato
Anything cheaper ? they're as expensive as some lenses :eek: I mean I'm sure they're great but I was hoping budget for filters would be more around £30 for a basic set

Check out SRB below, I own a few of their filters including the £35 10 Stop ND1000 and have tested them against the £200 B&W versions and can't tell the difference.

https://www.srb-photographic.co.uk/

Caporegime
As mentioned, I had the weekend so I went to Cabo de Roca. The most western point of continental Europe for the sunset :)

JLE10884.jpg

JLE10923.jpg

JLE10892-2.jpg

JLE10932-3.jpg

Hope you enjoy :)

Caporegime
OK, went out with the recently aquired 10 stop filter tonight...first time ever shooting on this setup, so be gentle.

JLE11046.jpg

JLE11048.jpg

JLE11049.jpg

JLE11050.jpg

JLE11051.jpg

JLE11054.jpg

I have to say, It is a real challenge to really think out the composition whilst battling the light which dies off VERY quickly. It is a very refreshing challenge at that.

Processing is a bit different between each shot as I was and am experimenting with settings and processing techniques for it.

Hope you like!

Caporegime
I didn't realise how much work went into ND shots (just watching a YouTube video now). Even more impressive, is that in Lisbon?

Close to Lisbon, off the coast near a place called Carcavelos, about a 15min walk from where I live :)

And yeah the work involved is shocking really. Many assume you just set your lens to the widest and snap the picture! A LOT more thought goes into the composition, framing, settings etc because each shot can take 20-30 seconds in some instances and when that sun is by the horizon you have literally minutes to get it. Once its gone...its gone!

Such a buzz! :)

Caporegime
I reeaaally want to go back tonight after work and try some more locations I saw yesterday.

But I really should do some adulting stuff...like cooking myself a decent meal :p

Ah well, lets see what happens :D

Back
Top Bottom