• Lavender Purple 128GB Dual Sim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Don
Enough with this fortnite stuff now. Keep this thread for discussing the handset - no discussions and certainly no offers to buy or sell the skin.

Associate
Have been getting used to android again after a couple of years with iOS.
Screen on the phone is amazing. PITA transferring all my whatsapp messages from iOS to android though. Everything else was pretty seamless.
Noob alert, on ios I could double tap the home button to be able to close apps down in the background. How the sodding hell do I do this on android as I can't remember. Lol

Soldato
PITA transferring all my whatsapp messages from iOS to android though. Everything else was pretty seamless.

I guess on iOS it wont let you back them up to Google Drive? Now you're on a good OS ( ;) ) you don't need to worry. Have it set to backup each night, when you change phones to another Android you can just press restore.

Noob alert, on ios I could double tap the home button to be able to close apps down in the background. How the sodding hell do I do this on android as I can't remember. Lol

Generally you don't. Can I ask why you did on iOS? I assume to save battery? Android manages it all for you now and it can actually cause more drain if you kill them all the time. A lot of them will need to be open, or you open them and it takes more to open them from fully closed. If you must, press the app switching button (by default the left one) at the bottom it says 'Close all'. Hit that. As I say, I would try and get out of the habbit tbh.

The other route, go to settings, Device Maintenance -> Battery and hit 'SAVE POWER'. If you know something need to run in the background, you can set it in 'Unmonitored apps' on that same page.

Soldato
I'm on my second 'Fast' wireless charger bought from Amazon, neither of which have fast charged, but looking at over 3 hours for charger from around 25%. Are there different specs for Note 9 fast charge?

Associate
Any reason why the price on these has dropped fairly quickly compared to the £899 that they cost new, as an example, if you hunt around on ebay you can pick up the 128GB version for £700 if your patient. These are from people that are selling the phones they bought from Carphone warehouse or upgrades from their phone provider. That's a £200 saving already from new, i know phones drop in price but new releases don't usually come down by that amount so quickly.

Soldato
I'm on my second 'Fast' wireless charger bought from Amazon, neither of which have fast charged, but looking at over 3 hours for charger from around 25%. Are there different specs for Note 9 fast charge?
Have you set your note 9 to use the fast wireless charging rate in the settings ?
It going take about 3 hours I would have thought to charge a 4000mah battery

I just place my note 8 on the wireless charger when I go to bed every night..;)

I been using this wireless charger for about a 1 year now and i think it great, I never had any problems even with my phone always being in a Samsung LED flip case
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Original-Enabled-Convertible-Wireless-Black/dp/B0792PHPH8/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1535993227&sr=8-8&keywords=samsung+wireless+charger&refinements=p_89:Samsung

Last edited:
Associate
You have to enable it in settings? I've found fast cable charging, that's on. Is there another option somewhere for wireless?

Also, this guy...

Ok I had the same the issue, and also couldn't find the enable "Fast Wireless Charging" option. Think they've removed it.

After some troubleshooting I changed my USB Wall plug from a 3rd Party one to the Samsung one, and hurrah now fast wireless charging!

Soldato
Device Maintenance -> Battery -> Advanced settings

Ok I had the same the issue, and also couldn't find the enable "Fast Wireless Charging" option. Think they've removed it.

After some troubleshooting I changed my USB Wall plug from a 3rd Party one to the Samsung one, and hurrah now fast wireless charging!

Mine doesn't have the option for Fast Wireless charging, so glad to hear yours doesn't too. What fast charger are you using? I tried with the official wall plug, didn't help.

Associate
Device Maintenance -> Battery -> Advanced settings

Mine doesn't have the option for Fast Wireless charging, so glad to hear yours doesn't too. What fast charger are you using? I tried with the official wall plug, didn't help.

Thanks - Mine is turned on by default.

Associate
Associate
Ps, now that I've started using the fast wireless charging the option has appeared within the Battery advanced settings menu, it wasn't there before!

Back
Top Bottom