*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Soldato
Played two more sessions today.

I have to agree, I didn't notice it at first, but yes, this is Call of Duty. The none stop flag rotating and getting shot in the back by enemies is annoying me. I honestly hate it.

The map is too small and objectives are too close together which allows the COD style flag rotating.

This is nothing like BFBC2 or BF3 and a little of BF4 that I remember, the objectives was well spaced and far apart, you had clear front lines, you know 90% that front of you was enemy and it was very unlikely you was going to get shot in the back and getting through the enemy lines to get into their area felt really good.

But this is just a none stop circle jerk over the objectives changing hands every minute or two with enemies spawning all around you when the flags change which makes the battle lines really fuzzy and messy.

The other points like revive times which are too long and and ammo running out too fast is little negatives for me, but not game breaking for me, it's above points that's annoying.

That said, I really do enjoy the gun play in the game, if anything Battlefield games does right is the gun play, the guns feel right, they feel right to shoot, character movement is just right (could reduce the speed a little more) but it's good.

I also like how well it runs on my PC. Right now, am learning towards buying it.

My opinion might change if we can play these other game modes am reading about, like breakthrough, frontlines and conquest.

Last edited:
Associate
Battlefield is dead, other games do the large scale war thing better now, DICE and EA chased the CoD cash back with BF3 and it’s got worse with every iteration, sure it still has it’s odd moments, but the Battlefield magic I felt from BF1942 all the way to BFBC2 has long gone. Like I said in a previous post, the Call of Duty Battle Royale trailer looked amazing, big maps, 80 players and vehicles! Hell yes!
Well over 20k hours spent on Battlefield in my life and I’m looking forward to a Call of Duty game...

Caporegime
Wow, so zeroing with snipers is now an unlockable perk - seriously some of the decisions just seem ridiculous.

Was wondering why that wasn't an option. =/ The amount of things that should be standard they hide behind unlocks is getting a bit dumb.

I swear after a few rounds it does get a bit grinding, it's like a game of musical chairs taking flag losing flag taking flag losing flag, viewed from above it's probably a train of infantry about 15 seconds behind their opponents re-taking a flag they just lost. Would probably go well with some Yakity Sax playing.

I personally think it should take more than one person to start taking a flag, in BF1 you had these farcical scenarios where a fighter plane could just simply pass over a flag and the game told you it was being taken, cue a lot of the team heading that way when the plane just passed over it and wasn't trying to cap it. Same situation with having a single person hiding in some dark area of the cap zone that was just annoying to find like you were playing hide and seek.

Maybe its just burnout from so many bf games in a relatively short time, BC2, BF3, BF4, "Hardline", BF1 and now this, then chuck the battlefront games in that were similar in some respects and its an avalanche.

Associate
The none stop flag rotating and getting shot in the back by enemies is annoying me

This is the biggest issue for me as well. How can you possibly try to do anything except run and gun when you have no idea when someone is going to spawn behind you and you're dead.
They need to find a way of having proper front lines that allow tactical gaming.

Associate
Was wondering why that wasn't an option. =/ The amount of things that should be standard they hide behind unlocks is getting a bit dumb.

I swear after a few rounds it does get a bit grinding, it's like a game of musical chairs taking flag losing flag taking flag losing flag, viewed from above it's probably a train of infantry about 15 seconds behind their opponents re-taking a flag they just lost. Would probably go well with some Yakity Sax playing.

I personally think it should take more than one person to start taking a flag, in BF1 you had these farcical scenarios where a fighter plane could just simply pass over a flag and the game told you it was being taken, cue a lot of the team heading that way when the plane just passed over it and wasn't trying to cap it. Same situation with having a single person hiding in some dark area of the cap zone that was just annoying to find like you were playing hide and seek.

Maybe its just burnout from so many bf games in a relatively short time, BC2, BF3, BF4, "Hardline", BF1 and now this, then chuck the battlefront games in that were similar in some respects and its an avalanche.
Agreed - it just feels like a slugfest having to grind with a rubbish gun, just to unlock a few perks to bring it up to where it should be in the first place.

I've definitely noticed more flag rotation in the CQ games I've played so far, maybe because people aren't used to the maps/ routes yet but BF1 felt a bit more like "organised chaos", whereas the beta feels like, well...

Associate
So I have played pretty much all of the the battlefield franchise with BF2, BFBC2 and BF4 being my favourites (in that order). I thought BF1 was some sort of aberration, I just didn't like it very much at all and pretty much forced myself to play 30 hours before dropping it about 2 months from launch.

Compared to this dumpster fire however it was a masterpiece - I have given the beta a chance and I just cannot stand it. It feels weird, like it cannot decided whether it wants to be realistic or not and creates some horrid blend of the two.

Oh whilst i'm here I just thought I would have a grumble about something that REALLY winds me up about this game (and BF1) but no ones else mentions - why do the two sides have free access to each others armouries? i.e. why do I keep getting sniped by Nazis with Lee Enfields and mown down by british troops with STG 44s? I cannot tell you how much I hate that, who cares if it is a bit asymmetric (find ways to deal with it) - I think each side should have to use their periodically correct weapons otherwise it just ruins the setting even more for me.

Soldato
So I have played pretty much all of the the battlefield franchise with BF2, BFBC2 and BF4 being my favourites (in that order). I thought BF1 was some sort of aberration, I just didn't like it very much at all and pretty much forced myself to play 30 hours before dropping it about 2 months from launch.

Compared to this dumpster fire however it was a masterpiece - I have given the beta a chance and I just cannot stand it. It feels weird, like it cannot decided whether it wants to be realistic or not and creates some horrid blend of the two.

Oh whilst i'm here I just thought I would have a grumble about something that REALLY winds me up about this game (and BF1) but no ones else mentions - why do the two sides have free access to each others armouries? i.e. why do I keep getting sniped by Nazis with Lee Enfields and mown down by british troops with STG 44s? I cannot tell you how much I hate that, who cares if it is a bit asymmetric (find ways to deal with it) - I think each side should have to use their periodically correct weapons otherwise it just ruins the setting even more for me.

I think different sides using each others weapons is the least of the games problems when 70-80% of the ingame characters appear to be female asians

Back
Top Bottom