*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Associate
Are they really that comparable? They seem more like Sims going by vids, or at the very least heavily geared toward realism.
Tough one, they are more ‘serious’ than Battlefield, but there are slower paced, they are more in line with the older Battlefield games, not the sped up nonsense we have now. Rising Storm Vietnam is the closest to Battlefield in terms of gameplay IMO, the other two i would say yes, they are mil sims, infact Squad is made by the dev that made the Project Reality mod for Battlefield2.

On a side note I have just reinstalled Bad Company 2, still very active and the chat window made for interesting reading.. aside from not being able to sprint strafe in BC2 unlike you can in the later titles, it’s still amazing.

Just a quick disclaimer, I mostly play VR now, and VRFPS’s in general, nothing gets the blood flowing like a game of Onward, Pavlov or BAM, can’t wait for someone to make a large scale war with vehicles in VR!!!

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks, I'll take a look at Rising Storm, as the others are in early access/Beta.

Edit: Rising Storm 2 looks hilariously ****. I'll have to look at the others at somepoint.
In fairness, Squad has been in EA for a long time now - it's really fleshed out & far closer to full release than the words "Early Access" would suggest - it's much closer to ARMA than it is Battlefield, however.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I've not pre ordered it, and doubt I will. But I have a 12 week old baby so gaming isn't exactly high on my list of priorities right now!

The time I spent on the beta was fun, but I didn't gel with it like I did with BF4 for example.

Soldato
Rising Storm 2's graphics are stupidly outdated. It somehow looks worse than the original, but it is a good game. However it's not a like battlefield at all. It's more closer to Arma than anything else, if you go into it like a battlefield game you will hate it as you will die a lot without doing anything.

Soldato
Rising Storm 2's graphics are stupidly outdated. It somehow looks worse than the original, but it is a good game. However it's not a like battlefield at all. It's more closer to Arma than anything else, if you go into it like a battlefield game you will hate it as you will die a lot without doing anything.

Agreed, the graphics aren't actually THAT bad!

Red Orchestra/Rising Storm 2 (WW2, not the Vietnam version) were great. It relied on skill and knowledge of the maps and tactics for each in order to win. Sure you died a lot at first, but once you "understood" the gameplay mechanics of each map you found yourself massively improving.

I really wish that one day a AAA developer will look at a game like RO/RS, realise all the things that were great about it and make a highly polished fantastic looking version of that. BF5 is NOT that game, sadly.

Associate
Not cancelling my order. Really enjoyed Rotterdam, not so much Narvik. They do need to fix a couple of irritations, auto pick up of med/ammo pack just when you don't need it and getting killed in the animation for one. UI is still a blimmin mess and the squad farce is well documented.
Really looking forward to the release now, thanks to the beta.
Am going to have a shot on WW3 tomorrow so that will be a contrast!

Soldato
Not pre-ordering.
Didn’t play beta.
Simply cannot get behind EA’s vision/message this time around.

Gives me a year or two to get “educated” and less “ignorant” so i’ll work on that in the time being :)

Soldato
I loved the beta. Bits were buggy but they've got until November to fix it, which I'm sure they will. Mechanics are better than all of the other shooters, even if not as good as some previous battlefield games. Battle royale mode is interesting, will be good to finally get a realistic one that isn't an absolute unoptimised mess of a game. I'll be on the prowl to order, nearer to release for sure and will be sinking an enormous amount of hours into this.

Caporegime
So has the beta changed anyone's minds about BFV? Are you canceling your pre-order or premier access sub? Were you not going to get the game but have decided you will?

I'll be keeping the premier sub. but not necessarily for BF 5, if EA don't add much more to it or upcoming games like anthem are ****, I'll probably cancel it after the year though.

I enjoyed the core/gameplay of BF 5, when it worked...... Squads, medic, ammo etc. system is just meh though. That and things like the skill/weapon tree etc. is worrying.......

All in all, I think it's just simply I'm back in a "meh" gaming phase again too, which doesn't help matters.

Back
Top Bottom