*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Soldato
I played again last night and I still love it. I was on for around 3 hours and it flew by! :eek:

In a decent squad I really enjoy the constant moving & fighting as it removes all the "slack time" (which I find frustrating).

I'm looking forward to trying a more linear map in the full game though, like Metro. That should be a little easier to manage.

Last edited:
Soldato
That worth a buy vid is an embarrassment IMO. Such entitlement many tears.

I'm been enjoying the Beta myself. There's bugs, and balance issues, but for the most part I see lots of players zerging to flags like it's bf3/4/1, unaware what their squad is up to. The times I'm in a squad with even just 1 or 2 other people attacking the same objective and trying to make every firefight a 2 on 1 is when it works best.

I see a lot of bad player habits though (And I'm guilty of these on occasion too)
-Not sticking together and taking advantage of the squad medic train.
-Medics or support not immediately resupplying their squad mates when they spawn on them and just running off (So annoying when your on 20 health or have run out of ammo).
-Players not realizing they are the last squad member and just running into a firefight against multiple enemies with no backup.
-People building defenses for the points rather than building the defenses that advantage your team more than the other team.
-Supports not automatically re-building ammo/health supply crates on a flag when they get taken out.
-Teams not tactically defending an objective lead, and chasing the extra points from the enemies back flags (Was the same on bf1, but in bf4 it was worth it for the flag assets like an extra LAV)

I've been enjoying the gunplay, but I think the upgrade system is broken and will be worse in retail version when the cost of them inevitably increases (or there's a daily limit cap on earning in game currency a la SWBF2).
Visibility is bad. On top of the environmental effects, I get a lot of pop-in at range, and the AA you can't disable makes everything in the distance slightly smudgy which makes spotting enemies without a scope even harder.
The squad system is broken but I'm sure that will be fixed, but I'd rather squads of 5 players, and I don't agree with the 64 isn't divisible by 5 argument, it was very rarely an issue in previous titles.
Performance has been good for me, and no crashes.

I do think there's a chance this could be great game, but there's a lot of work to be done.

Last edited:
Soldato
Standard BF "bad players" then.

Pretty sure I was the only one spotting anything in the entire round I was playing yesterday.

As a recon I assume? as spotting is otherwise not in this game bar the suppression spots (the empty red diamond), and I'm not sure if other players get to see suppression spots. Yeah I haven't much evidence of many recon players helping their team out other than bagging some kills.

Soldato
As a recon I assume? as spotting is otherwise not in this game bar the suppression spots (the empty red diamond), and I'm not sure if other players get to see suppression spots. Yeah I haven't much evidence of many recon players helping their team out other than bagging some kills.

Ahhhh is that what it is? I was smashing Q and it would be a red diamond on a tank and the bloke said something about a tank... Otherwise it was a yellow diamond and he said something like "trouble over there".

Assumed it was the same as bf4!

I was playing as grenadier/medic.

Soldato
Ahhhh haha is that what it is? I was smashing Q and it would be a red diamond on a tank and the bloke said something about a tank... Otherwise it was a yellow diamond and he said something like "trouble over there".

Assumed it was the same as bf4!

Yeah DICE's vision with this game was that players shouldn't be on a dorrito hunt or playing off their minimap all the time. They want the environment to give clues to the player, and claimed you would be looking for the moving grass or using your ears etc. Sadly with the poor vision clarity and the broken sound engine this isn't really being realised yet. Bf1's sound is so good it's like a wall hack. Just as useful as the minimap spot in bf4 when someone fired was. I wonder if they should back down, and have a casual game mode (with spotting and no attrition), and a harder core mode.

Soldato

Yes other players see suppression spots

Also recon is probably the easiest class to level up if you spot for your team, you get around 80 points for each assist and on Narvik you can get a whole lot of spotting points

I've had some games with 20k+ score as sniper with only 2 kills, the rest of the points came from purely spotting, but unfortunately most people go sniper to camp and get kills as opposed to actually helping the team

Soldato
Yes other players see suppression spots

Also recon is probably the easiest class to level up if you spot for your team, you get around 80 points for each assist and on Narvik you can get a whole lot of spotting points

I've had some games with 20k+ score as sniper with only 2 kills, the rest of the points came from purely spotting, but unfortunately most people go sniper to camp and get kills as opposed to actually helping the team

I haven't tried recon yet. I might get up high and lay low on my tod for a while this evening and do some spotting for a change of pace.

Soldato
it's like a game of musical chairs taking flag losing flag taking flag losing flag, viewed from above it's probably a train of infantry about 15 seconds behind their opponents re-taking a flag they just lost.

If you take a moment to look at the map before spawning, you see that happening. You see a large group for friendlies swarm a objective, cap it then move together to the next one, while the enemy are doing the same, with the odd red dot trying to do something different. :(

Hopefully the other game modes will be better.

Soldato
If you take a moment to look at the map before spawning, you see that happening. You see a large group for friendlies swarm a objective, cap it then move together to the next one, while the enemy are doing the same, with the odd red dot trying to do something different. :(

Hopefully the other game modes will be better.

I suspect that's just player behavior rather than bad by design. It remains to be seen however whether the zerg strategy can be effectively stomped on by a well organised team with good map knowledge just shutting the enemy zerg down.

So according to this guy, 1 more beta coming before launch. Should be interesting. Current one ends tomorrow.

I hope so, but I'm also expecting there to be a battle royale beta at some point so the next beta might be that.

Soldato
I suspect that's just player behavior rather than bad by design. It remains to be seen however whether the zerg strategy can be effectively stomped on by a well organised team with good map knowledge just shutting the enemy zerg down.

I agree. Like I said a day or so ago, I'd love to see this played by organised teams rather than public servers.

I'm quite happy to play on the pubs though, and treat it like a squad skirmish treadmill, not looking much further ahead than the next objective. It certainly keeps you on your toes!

Soldato
Am i allowed to upload a podcast me and a few pals did about BFV ? It does contain a few swearies though.

We are completely new to podcasting but we enjoy it (although we have only done 4 episodes in total so far). Its pretty valid and on point to be honest.

Soldato
Anyone else recording footage of their gameplay to watch back over whilst shedding a sentimental tear once the beta ends tomorrow? :D

(Seriously though, I did just record almost an entire round. :))

Back
Top Bottom