• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Associate
If there's one thing this lead up has shown is there is a virtual army of "reviewers" who will regurgitate whatever tenuously-founded info, whether it's direct from nV marketing, from nV's guerilla team or from actual leaks.

It's a veritable roman vomitarium, even moreso than normal.

Soldato
i think it was videocardz that leaked rtx 2080 timespy extreme tests, granted the test pc had a 7900x cpu and unspecified ram speed but was using a 16gb kit, with nvidia 411.35 drivers (i think), the machine posted a aleged score of 4980 total, granted the cpu proberly helped out a load with that result.
it just so happens that i have a 7900x and a quad channel 16gb kit of 3600mhz ram, i'm also running a ftw3 evga gtx 1080 ti with stock gpu clock of 1949mhz, my ram is at 12.2gb's per second (6100mhz) driver vesrion 399.07, i started up 3d mark and ran timespy extreme and afterwrds my end result was just over 5100 points total.
now the alleged 2080 result was on a stock clocked card but if that thing was able to hit nearly 5000 stock, it could be worth it in my opinion purly down to power draw my overclocked 1080ti pulls over 300watts peak load and the 2080's should come in around 215-225w which is a massive saving for what looks like better overall performance, dont forget slap waterblocks on them and they will be more efficient and run faster due to lowerr temps, thus improving scores across the board.

could be very intesting times ahead, for those of you who would like proof here is the link to my result https://www.3dmark.com/spy/4408872

Last edited:
Associate
Yea that's true but i just find it odd how everyone seems to have beefed up the cooling. The 2080ti has two 8 pin connectors too vs the 8+6 last gen. This makes me think that the reference spec is closer to 300watts vs the 250watts last gen. Might be why everyone has beefed up the cooling?
2080Ti reference TDP is 250W and the FE TDP is 260W due to its higher boost.

Associate
seems to be a wee bit faster, check this out

Those anomalies where the V wins seem to be driver related issues with the games that will be fixed via patches or a driver via Nvidia or combination of both. Also from the videos the games don’t seem to be played in the same area which isn’t really very scientific?

D3K

D3K

Soldato
i think it was videocardz that leaked rtx 2080 timespy extreme tests, granted the test pc had a 7900x cpu and unspecified ram speed but was using a 16gb kit, with nvidia 411.35 drivers (i think), the machine posted a aleged score of 4980 total, granted the cpu proberly helped out a load with that result.
it just so happens that i have a 7900x and a quad channel 16gb kit of 3600mhz ram, i'm also running a ftw3 evga gtx 1080 ti with stock gpu clock of 1949mhz, my ram is at 12.2gb's per second (6100mhz) driver vesrion 399.07, i started up 3d mark and ran timespy extreme and afterwrds my end result was just over 5100 points total.
now the alleged 2080 result was on a stock clocked card but if that thing was able to hit nearly 5000 stock, it could be worth it in my opinion purly down to power draw my overclocked 1080ti pulls over 300watts peak load and the 2080's should come in around 215-225w which is a massive saving for what looks like better overall performance, dont forget slap waterblocks on them and they will be more efficient and run faster due to lowerr temps, thus improving scores across the board.

could be very intesting times ahead, for those of you who would like proof here is the link to my result https://www.3dmark.com/spy/4408872
Paragraphs do not have to be single sentences.

Why do you care about power draw enough to make this card a worthwhile buy? In fact, why did you care about power draw?

Man of Honour
And Turing can't, then? I must be missing something here. I can tell you Kaaps assumption on that is not a valid one.

No assumptions here, I am waiting for the reviews.

One of the things I will be interested in is what clocks the cards can hold when using Ray Tracing and DLSS as this could generate more heat.

With a Titan V it is a bit different, you use SP for gaming on its own or you use DP for professional work but when doing the later the card runs at noticeably much lower clocks.

Back
Top Bottom