• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Turing RTX 2080 Ti Owners Thread

Soldato
ooo hello :)

I ordered my 2080ti earlier today. sadly had to pay £30 more than if i had got it on announcement day but it took a while to "adjust" to the new way of thinking about its value ;)

I went for the gigabyte windforce OC. it was the cheapest one but also a size which i know will fit in my pc, and "only" needs 2 8 pins unlike the monster that is the msi tri gaming X.

This may be one for @GIGA-Man or anyone really who has a gigabyte 20xx card.

does the card come with the VRlink to DVI adapter that i think the founders card ships with?

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Regardless of what you think of the actual price of the thing, and if it's worth getting

This seems to be a very good AIB card: https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/msi-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-gaming-x-trio-review,1.html

Same opinion as Phix. Have had many cards and have always gone back to MSI their cards just feel a lot more polished and a lot more premium than most. Not to mention they do IMO have the best fan design out there.

I’m either off with the Msi or reference and waterblock. IF I go for a Ti which I’m still not sure and won’t be until RTX and DLSS are implemented.

Caporegime
I've ordered the ocuk blower card for £1049 as I'm removing the cooler to make way for an EK waterblock and backplate.

No eta as of yet though sadly...

IIRC those cards generally don't show up for a month or more after launch. Probably better asking in the CS forum to see what the eta's are for that and other cards.

Associate
I've ordered the ocuk blower card for £1049 as I'm removing the cooler to make way for an EK waterblock and backplate.

No eta as of yet though sadly...
The risk of getting a blower is whether or not it is Class A or Class B binned. We know that Nvidia have two different classifications for these cards - class A being for factory OC cards and class B for the rest - it could be that the cheaper blower cards fall under the latter class B which would be a disappointment.

Associate
The risk of getting a blower is whether or not it is Class A or Class B binned. We know that Nvidia have two different classifications for these cards - class A being for factory OC cards and class B for the rest - it could be that the cheaper blower cards fall under the latter class B which would be a disappointment.

Can confirm from my reading that every blower card will be chip B ... Some AIBs also will.be B unless they specificly give you clocks ... If its reference clocks it's a B version

Associate
Kaap you gonna get a 2080 Ti? My FTW3 is on order but sounds like gamers nexus still puts the V on water firmly ahead of the 2080 Ti. I may stick with the V, I dunno.

Associate
IIRC those cards generally don't show up for a month or more after launch. Probably better asking in the CS forum to see what the eta's are for that and other cards.

Well ****! I'll have to have a chat with CS tomorrow. That binning is a bit naughty, has that been a thing historically? I don't mind getting a different card, just thought I was being cute.

Associate
Well ****! I'll have to have a chat with CS tomorrow. That binning is a bit naughty, has that been a thing historically? I don't mind getting a different card, just thought I was being cute.
At least you found out before it was shipped - saved you some time. And no I think this is a new thing for 20* series.

Associate

Can you still OC these cards yourself though or are they locked?

Back
Top Bottom