**** The Official Pocophone F1 Thread ****

Soldato
I came from a host of amoled screens mainly Samsung since the original Galaxy S right through to the S4 then Note 4 to the Axon 7. I hitched at going back to lcd and 1080p. I shouldn't have worried.. Oled is great but essentially lcd is perfectly fine for a phone and all but essential on a TV (funds allowing). Blacks on my Poco F1 are as good as I've seen on a LCD. Everyone is different but I'm very happy.

Soldato
Potentially a stupid question but the DRM playback thing... does this mean it won't display on the screen or can you also not cast it in HD to chromecast or another device?

Soldato
Potentially a stupid question but the DRM playback thing... does this mean it won't display on the screen or can you also not cast it in HD to chromecast or another device?

If playback occurs on the device, it won't be played in HD, so external monitors etc

However, if you're casting it to another device (essentially telling another device to play a certain video), then it'll be limited by the output of that device, whether it's 1080P or 4K (and of course the video file)

Soldato
Watching full on Netflix on a phone is a little sad. However if its important to watch 1080p/4K on said Netflix then this device isn't for you yet (till it gets patched)

Soldato
Watching full on Netflix on a phone is a little sad. However if its important to watch 1080p/4K on said Netflix then this device isn't for you yet (till it gets patched)

This device isn't for you if you want to cast from it, not just watch on it.

Why is it sad?

I'm not sure if it's 'sad' but watching a movie on a 6" device is generally a good way of ruining it.

Caporegime
This device isn't for you if you want to cast from it, not just watch on it.

I'm not sure if it's 'sad' but watching a movie on a 6" device is generally a good way of ruining it.

i agree .i'd rather watch it on a 720P tablet than a 1080p/4k phone for instance.

size of screen is far more important than res when you are talking about a 6" screen.

Soldato
Yes I get that everyone thinks you should be watching your stuff on a bigger screen, nobody is arguing otherwise, but for when you don't have access to one, say, when you are travelling/at work/not at home, being limited to 540p on a 1080p+ screen is poor.

Caporegime
Yes I get that everyone thinks you should be watching your stuff on a bigger screen, nobody is arguing otherwise, but for when you don't have access to one, say, when you are travelling/at work/not at home, being limited to 540p on a 1080p+ screen is poor.

if i knew i needed a bigger screen. then i'd carry my tablet. simple as that really. tablets are thin and can easily fit into backpacks, etc. most people carry a bag with them to and from work, etc.

put it this way a guy in my team carries a kindle, an ipad and a nintendo switch on top of his iphone X every day to and from work on the train.

Soldato
if i knew i needed a bigger screen. then i'd carry my tablet. simple as that really. tablets are thin and can easily fit into backpacks, etc. most people carry a bag with them to and from work, etc.

put it this way a guy in my team carries a kindle, an ipad and a nintendo switch on top of his iphone X every day to and from work on the train.

SD res on an HD screen looks naff, 6" or 60" screen, it's that simple.

I don't have a tablet, I don't want or need a tablet, watching videos on a phone is convenient.

Caporegime
I don't have any issues watching stuff on a smaller screen. I actually quite like it on the train etc as it's less cumbersome

Maybe it's just because I'm not old? :rolleyes:

nothing to do with being old. i have better than 20/20 vision.

so i take it at home all your tv's are only 21" because you don't have issues with watching stuff on a small screen?

Caporegime
I don't sit 10" away from my TV.

the average distance from eyes to a table is 15 inches on a train. so 15 inches from a 6 incher. means in comparison you only need to be about 60" away from a 21" tv which 5 feet away.

to get the same sort of view.

which sort of proves my point. 6" is far too small and she confirmed that too.

Back
Top Bottom