• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Turing RTX 2080 Ti Owners Thread

Associate

I had my hands on the RTX 2080 Sea Hawk and Gaming X card and I'm really not impressed by the Sea Hawk. It's louder than Gaming X and barely has the same cooling performance. The most annoying thing was the unflexible tubing and the whole card is covered in a thin plastic cover that doesn't feel solid or sturdy. It's feel like a cheaply made card although it's quite expensive. MSI could have done a lot better. Better solid plastic frame. Quieter stock fan and some rubber tubing instead. Wouldn't recommed this card unless you can get it cheaper than anything else.

Soldato
I had my hands on the RTX 2080 Sea Hawk and Gaming X card and I'm really not impressed by the Sea Hawk. It's louder than Gaming X and barely has the same cooling performance. The most annoying thing was the unflexible tubing and the whole card is covered in a thin plastic cover that doesn't feel solid or sturdy. It's feel like a cheaply made card although it's quite expensive. MSI could have done a lot better. Better solid plastic frame. Quieter stock fan and some rubber tubing instead. Wouldn't recommed this card unless you can get it cheaper than anything else.

Never been keen on AIO gpu’s. Always either ran a good quality air cooled card or gone with a reference GPU and waterblock.

As more likely than not they end up being a very similar price.

AIO’s on the other hand are normally significantly higher priced. They only have a 120/140mm radiator which isn’t enough and the pipes are too thin for my liking. Plus it can be a pain to fit while also looking neat and tidy.

Soldato
Asus also have the NV-Link bridges ready although not in stock yet. Prices is pretty similar to nVidias own.
way_sli_2.jpg

https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards-Accessory/ROG-NVLINK/

Yep, stock will start to trickle in throughout October.

Associate
Never been keen on AIO gpu’s. Always either ran a good quality air cooled card or gone with a reference GPU and waterblock.

As more likely than not they end up being a very similar price.

AIO’s on the other hand are normally significantly higher priced. They only have a 120/140mm radiator which isn’t enough and the pipes are too thin for my liking. Plus it can be a pain to fit while also looking neat and tidy.
AIO made sense with the 980Ti, but since then every card has been pretty easy to cool and AIB aren't afraid to go over dual slot coolers.

But 120mm is more than enough.

Associate
The Palit 2080ti cards don't seem to flying off the shelf's given they're the only cards in stock. I'm thinking the price might be too high?!

I asked sales when I could expect the my MSI Trio, there's no date :(, story of my life!

Soldato
Anyway would you be able to get some FPS results of in game at 4k please all full ultra setting on your games if you could please

The only benchmark I've done so far is the rebooted Tomb Raider - not the current one - at 3440x1440 and I went from 64.9 fps with everything maxxed except for AA which was off to 76 fps with everything maxxed including 4x SMAA.

Back
Top Bottom