PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Associate
Sounds like you were playing in the middle of hail storm.

Nice kills & chicken dinner though. I only watched on my phone but some of those enemies I couldn’t even see. I’ve started using the Kar98 more and started to like it a bit more. Still cant hit a bar door with the m24. I tend to play sanhok so much I forget you get the 8x on the larger maps.

Caporegime
Sounds like you were playing in the middle of hail storm.

Nice kills & chicken dinner though. I only watched on my phone but some of those enemies I couldn’t even see. I’ve started using the Kar98 more and started to like it a bit more. Still cant hit a bar door with the m24. I tend to play sanhok so much I forget you get the 8x on the larger maps.

kar98 is a lot easier to use. the bullet speed over the m24 . sanhok use a 3x4 it just a case of put on head shoot very simple. i still personally perfer the vss now though on sanhok. just the best weapon on that map period.never liked the on the kar.

Associate
No flicker that I have noticed.

One thing I have noticed recently is that certain loot regularly spaws half in the ground so you cant pick it up. Usually its AR mags and flash hiders. I only play sanhok these days so not sure if it happens on the other maps. Assuming its a general bug?

Associate
nop just a standard 1070

Reinstalled my gpu driver and seems to be ok now.

Edit: back to flashing 1070, excuse for upgrade? Haha.

Be rude not too, is it under warranty still? if not why not.

I'd give the GPU a clean first, perhaps reapply the thermal paste and pads and if it still does it, under clock the memory but inevitably I think it's going to die/ get worse.

Someone who I play with got a message from pubg regarding a cheater he reported, informing him that the cheater was banned so at least they are doing something. Cheating got bad around 6 months ago but I havent seen anybody abvious in a long time.

Associate
I can count on one hand the number of cheats I have encountered in 500hrs of play and its less than 5. Played BF1 for a couple of hours and blatant cheat seen straight away. And dont get me started on CSGO.

Soldato
Update

https://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1688177728620125512

Leaderboards now live etc

These patch notes have been updated.
Update 2 - 10/02/2018
Update 1 - 10/01/2018
Read the changes at the bottom of this post.

Update #22 will be coming to live servers after the upcoming maintenance starting at Oct 2 5:30pm PDT / Oct 3 2:30am CEST / Oct 3 9:30am KST which we expect to last 5 hours.

Follow our PUBG_Help Twitter for the latest updates.

-

Strap on that level 3 helmet, cause the competition on the battlegrounds just got a little more fierce. Update 22 is bringing a long-awaited Ranking system to PUBG, allowing you to put everything you've learned to the test as you climb the ranks. More information on this new system is coming soon!

We're also squashing another collection of FIX PUBG bugs, adding a convenient new wheel menu to health and throwable inventories, adding a way for you to upgrade your duplicate or unwanted skins, and by very popular demand, bringing back map selection.

Let's dive in!

Note: Replay version has been updated, replays from previous updates are no longer playable.

New Anti-Cheat Tech

As part of our ongoing efforts to combat cheating, we’ve developed a new anti-cheat system in-house at PUBG Corp. which we're now bringing to live servers, after an extensive period on our test servers. This system is being used in addition to our existing anti-cheat solutions.

Expect to see a new popup when you start the client. To help us refine our anti-cheat service it would be helpful for us if you play with the "Enable Anti-cheat" box checked, if you experience issues you can disable this.

We've fixed previous compatibility issues experienced by some players, although we've kept the option to disable the new anti-cheat system while we go through the final stages of testing in the live server environment. Once testing is complete, you will be unable to disable this system.

FIX PUBG Update

QoL
  • WHEEL MENUS: Added UI that allows players to access a quick-select wheel (similar UI with the Emote system) for the quick selection of items without opening the inventory or pressing individual hotkeys.
  • MINIMAP: Players can now further magnify the minimap.
  • PLAYER ORDER CONSISTENCY: Player order between the lobby and in-game is now consistent so that players will have fixed numbers and colors based on lobby order when they enter a game.
  • FRIEND UI: Friend UI has been improved to show logged out / disconnected teammates.

Bug Fixes
  • CHARACTER MOVEMENT #01: Fixed the issue where players could sometimes climb stairs much faster while moving diagonally next to the wall.
  • DBNO PLAYER WALL PENETRATION: Fixed the issue where sometimes a downed players' character model would penetrate walls.
  • SLIDING FIX #01: Fixed the issue where characters would look like they were sliding while standing up if they took out a weapon and stood up at the same time.
  • SLIDING FIX #02: Fixed the issue where a player appeared to slide when standing up or moving while going prone before landing from a certain height.
  • STUN AND ONFIRE ANIMATION: Fixed the issue where Flashbang and Molotov stun and on fire animations could be cancelled when repeatedly crouching/standing up/prone/or equipping a weapon.
  • ARMED ANIMATION: Fixed the issue where characters occasionally appeared to be unarmed when they were actually armed.
  • PLAYER UI: Fixed an issue where the player UI would sometimes disappear in the observer's view.
  • ADS BUG #02: Fixed the issue where ADS worked unreliably when ADSing right after equipping a weapon.
  • VEHICLE INTERACTION: Fixed the issue where a player sometimes received collision damage from a motorcycle when another player picked up the motorcycle.
  • CHARACTER POSITION #03: Fixed an issue where a character sometimes rotated even though its feet were fixed when the screen was rotated more than 180 degrees left or right.
  • CHARACTER MOTION #01: Fixed the issue where a player was sometimes shown as scoping when taking steps next to a wall.
  • VAULTING: Fixed the issue where characters could vault over other characters when positioned at certain heights.
  • CHARACTER MOTION #02: Fixed the issue where a player would sometimes clip through the floor of a building when disembarking a motorcycle.
  • REPORT SPAMMING: Fixed the issue where a player could be reported multiple times by playing the replay over and over.
  • LOBBY HP BAR DISPLAY: Fixed the issue where a character's HP bar was sometimes shown in the lobby after exiting the server replay.
  • POPPING #01: Fixed the issue where a character's animation popped upward when getting close to the wheels of a buggy.
  • POPPING #02: Fixed the issue of where a character's animation popped upward when crouching and standing up near a vehicle.

Rank System, Leaderboard, Region Renewal
  • Server/region will now be decided automatically depending on the player’s local region
    • If you group with a player from another region, matchmaking will automatically decide the best region to play on

340731736805d6ea2a86114e7f33a0cf5c5acec3.png

• Implemented Rank System
    • There are 8 total ranks
    • Rank will be assigned based on Rank Points earned
    • To earn your first rank, you will need to play 10 provisional matches
    • Rank promotion / demotion will be decided by total rank points as indicated in the chart above

4882f6860a1afec12f525dcab4cb938aad0d8682.png

722455d7fc48e1de71741f8d26b43a497e694145.png

• Statistics Page Renewal
    • Improved the UI of the Career and Leaderboard screens
    • Career
      • Improved UI to show rank, KDA, Avg. damage, etc. more clearly.
    • Leaderboard

• Will display up to 100 ranks

Map Selection
88c06195410e11480eb88721d70955b56ebf5aff.png

• Map selection is back once again, allowing you to select which maps you want to play on
    • You can select Quick Join or select a map individually
    • Quick Join function puts you in the first available game, regardless of map

Skin Trade Up System

ab0876300d1053fc990b32554d35da27a4d02d04.png

• We’ve added a Skin Trade Up system where you can trade in items for those of a higher tier
    • You can trade up multiple same-tier items and BP into one next-tier skin item
    • Trade up requires ten items, and the maximum tier you can get is up to rare(blue) while the system is in testing. We’ll look to open up the system further once we’re satisfied with the balance of the system but please note that any BP costs associated with this system may change.
    • The required BP amount is different depending on the tier of items being traded up. You will not be able to initiate the trade without all required items

UI/UX

c58a43fa1a3584359f6967074a6e8f60fc37f6a8.jpg

0c439ccc2f41af4f00ea6bdab43d9355e7796702.jpg

9122e850fd90a0410a9e16692989bfb7e6ecb75d.jpg

• Added a wheel menu for quick access to healing and throwable items
    • These are the default keybindings to use each function
      • G / F1: Throwables
      • ~ / F2: Heal/booster items
      • F4: Emote
    • Emote activation hotkey was changed from ` to F4
    • You can cancel the wheel by clicking the right mouse button
  • Added an option to hide the nicknames of players in the killfeed who downed/killed you or your teammates

13c557960dcff7b7d7b30129e939129adf701187.png

• Added alert icons to the network statistics function
    • Three new icons represent High latency, Latency variation, Packet loss
      • High latency: Alerts you if your ping/latency is getting too high
      • Latency variation: Alerts you if your latency variation changes are too high
      • Packet loss: Alerts you if your ratio of packet loss is too high
    • Added an icon to check teammate’s log out / disconnected status
    • Player order between the lobby and in-game is now consistent so that players will have fixed numbers and colors based on lobby order when they enter a game.
    • Added an option to manage the maximum ratio of minimap zooming
    • Added auto-reload option
      • When enabled, you will reload weapons automatically when you try to fire while your magazine is empty
      • By default, this is set to “Off” but can be changed in the Gameplay menu
    • Changed the official name of ping system to “Quick Marker”
    • Increased the display time of quick marker from 5 to 10 seconds

Performance
  • Improved the client performance by optimizing the creation of character materials

Replay
  • Replay version has been updated, replays from previous updates are no longer playable.

Skin & Items
  • Added new “FALL 2018 CRATE”
    • This crate can be purchased with BP
    • Will be separate from the Weekly Random Crate
    • No key is required to open this crate.
    • Below are the drop rates for each item included in the new “FALL 2018 CRATE”
      • Bomber Jacket (Mustard): 0.08%
      • Suit Coat (Gray): 0.08%
      • Jungle Leggings: 0.32%
      • Woven Sun Hat: 0.32%
      • Born to Survive Shorts: 0.60%
      • Pochinki Fellas Jersey: 1.30%
      • Tweed Vest (Gray): 1.30%
      • Striped Slippers (Pink): 4%
      • Kicks (Red): 6%
      • Suit Pants (Gray): 6%
      • Long Sleeved Turtleneck (Burgundy) : 20%
      • Loafers (Brown): 20%
      • Slip-ons (Gray): 20%
      • Slippers (Black): 20%

• The chances of getting each crate as a Weekly Random Crate are as follows.

Crate
    Chance
    Aviator
    10%
    Equinox
    10%
    Triumph
    10%
    Raider
    20%
    Fever
    5%
    Militia
    10%
    Desperado
    5%
    Biker
    10%
    Survivor
    10%
    Wanderer
    10%

Custom Match
  • Improved the calculation of participants in the session waiting room
    • Players in OBSERVER or UNASSIGNED status will not be calculated in playable participants

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed the issue where players could sometimes climb stairs much faster while moving diagonally next to the wall.
  • Fixed the issue where a downed players' character model would sometimes penetrate walls.
  • Fixed the issue where characters would look like they were sliding while standing up if they took out a weapon and stood up at the same time.
  • Fixed the issue where a player appeared to slide when standing up or moving while going prone before landing from a certain height.
  • Fixed the issue where Flashbang and Molotov stun and on fire animations could be cancelled when repeatedly crouching/standing up/prone/or equipping a weapon.
  • Fixed an issue where the player UI sometimes disappeared in the observer's view.
  • Fixed the issue where ADS worked unreliably when ADSing right after equipping a weapon.
  • Fixed the issue where a player sometimes received collision damage from a motorcycle when another player picked up the motorcycle.
  • Fixed an issue where a character would sometimes rotate even though its feet are fixed when the screen is rotated more than 180 degrees left or right.
  • Fixed the issue where a player's motion was sometimes shown as scoping when taking steps next to a wall.
  • Fixed the issue where characters could vault over other characters when positioned at certain heights.
  • Fixed the issue where a player would sometimes clip through the floor of a building when disembarking a motorcycle.
  • Fixed the issue where a player could be reported multiple times by playing the replay over and over.
  • Fixed the issue where a character's HP bar was sometimes shown in the lobby after exiting the server replay.
  • Fixed the issue where a character's animation would pop upward when getting close to the wheels of a buggy.
  • Fixed the issue of where a character's animation would pop upward when crouching and standing up near a vehicle.
  • Fixed an issue where player couldn’t see his teammate’s character in lobby after a match intermittently
  • Fixed an issue where player couldn’t loot some items such as weapon or ammo on the ground
  • Fixed an issue causing a character to be headless when wearing certain skins
  • Fixed an issue where players could shoot in an abnormal direction in free-look
  • Fixed an issue where In FPP when character holding throwables or ready to throw throwables is moving facing the sky, his/her hand flickers and moves around
  • Fixed an issue where players could get into certain terrain of Miramar which should be impossible
  • Fixed an issue where walk button cannot be used when sprinting after changing sprint key to toggle
  • Fixed an issue where player can stand up from a prone position faster than usual in certain conditions.

Thanks for playing :)
- The PUBG Team

These patch notes have been updated:

• Removed the following:

• FIX PUBG UPDATE
      • UNDERWATER: Fixed the issue where players could hold weapons while moving close to rocks while underwater.
      Bug Fixes
      • Fixed the issue where players could hold weapons while moving close to rocks while underwater.

• Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where walk button cannot be used when sprinting after changing sprint key to toggle
  • Fixed an issue where player can stand up from a prone position faster than usual in certain conditions.
  • Fixed an issue where player couldn’t see his teammate’s character in lobby after a match intermittently
  • Fixed an issue where player couldn’t loot some items such as weapon or ammo on the ground
  • Fixed an issue causing a character to be headless when wearing certain skins
  • Fixed an issue where players could shoot in an abnormal direction in free-look
  • Fixed an issue where In FPP when character holding throwables or ready to throw throwables is moving facing the sky, his/her hand flickers and moves around
  • Fixed an issue where players could get into certain terrain of Miramar which should be impossible

UI/UX
  • Changed the official name of ping system to “Quick Marker”
  • Increased the display time of quick marker from 5 to 10 seconds
Note: Replay version has been updated, replays from previous updates are no longer playable.

Back
Top Bottom