What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
Just bought Fallout New Vegas ultimate edition with all the dlc and am going to follow a guide to mod it up properly. Going to hopefully complete it this time, instead of taking on way too many side quests.

Soldato
Just completed Wolfenstien : New Order.
Absolute cracker! Loved it.

Not well optimised and took some confignediting to make it look nice, but once that was sorted the game looked great for its age. I normally play older titles than this and was pretty disappointed with Vanilla graphics.

Think I’ll be playing AC : Origins next, with a blasphemous controller. Yum.

Soldato
Picked up TW WH2 while it was on sale and am completely addicted. Its definetly a "just one more turn" game. Can't remember the last time I stayed up until 1pm on a work night

Last edited:
Soldato
So I’ve just started playing MGS5, and so far I’m really impressed.

The intro was mental, and I feel like I’ve just been thrust into the game with little guidance whatsoever, but judging from some of the dialogue I think that’s the point; it’s very clever.

Now I’ve sorted the ultrawide out, and I think I’ve gotten rid of that stupid 60fps cack, it runs great; some really stunning views.

Also, from my limited play it feels like they’ve absolutely nailed the mechanics. Now I’ve gotten to grips with the control scheme everything feels very fluid and intuitive, with small details that make the experience feel very slick.

Running round the desert, exploring and experimenting with approaches into outposts feels fantastic, and whilst I’ve been given very little information, small story pushes and intel from things I scope with the binos makes it feel like I have purpose, and that there are real world events that I may well impact upon.

It’s early days, but 8/10 for me so far. Lack of Ultrawide support, a vanilla 60fps lock and some strange terrain interaction bugs are the main detractors for me. I feel like boycotting games that don’t support high refresh and UW in 2018. I’ll let this one off as it’s quite old now :p

Permabanned
I play Shadow of the tomnb raider. I loved this episode that I find more researched and less action-oriented.
Superb graphics and about the story is a little mean.
I hope that there will be a new form of tomb raider later that will resume the basics of what made tomb raid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Picked up TW WH2 while it was on sale and am completely addicted. Its definetly a "just one more turn" game. Can't remember the last time I stayed up until 1pm on a work night

With that game I find it takes me a lot of effort to muster the enthusiasm to even load the game but once I've done that I find it incredibly addictive!

Soldato
With that game I find it takes me a lot of effort to muster the enthusiasm to even load the game but once I've done that I find it incredibly addictive!
Yeah I did not expect to get so sucked in (I have the first one). I'm about 10 turns away from the final ritual completing, and that's taken nearly 40hrs, with the odd bit of save scumming early on.

Caporegime
Just about to start Project Warlock.

If you like shooters like Quake & Doom then I highly recommend you check it out at GOG. I don't believe its on Steam yet.

Soldato
How are you finding the CPU? I'm curious about user experience since I hope to be picking some new parts in the early-ish part of next year? :)

It's a great CPU and i moved from an i5 3570k @4.5GHz and it performs so much better than that, as i'm now able to play the latest games, especially Battlefield 1 (finally).

I overclocked it on stock voltage to 3.9GHz too, but didn't bother keeping it on as stock speed was more than fine, plus instead of it being at 3.2GHz base speed, it changed to 3.4GHz and boosts to 3.7GHz by itself, sometimes 3.8GHz on rare occurrence.

Caporegime
It's a great CPU and i moved from an i5 3570k @4.5GHz and it performs so much better than that, as i'm now able to play the latest games, especially Battlefield 1 (finally).

I overclocked it on stock voltage to 3.9GHz too, but didn't bother keeping it on as stock speed was more than fine, plus instead of it being at 3.2GHz base speed, it changed to 3.4GHz and boosts to 3.7GHz by itself, sometimes 3.8GHz on rare occurrence.

Nice, sounds good. I had a 3570K as well, then my mobo went pop and so I was forced to get a new board and chip, but it wasn't the best of timing, so although there it was a bit of an upgrade (6600K), it wasn't an ideal one. Still, it's been a very good CPU in its own right, but now I'm looking for more cores and threads for hobby/work-based applications/games.

Cheers for your input. :)

Associate
I went to my mates the other night and he's still rocking a PS3. We stuck COD: Modern Warfare 2 on, did some split screen and some spec ops missions. It was glorious. What a game this was.

Back
Top Bottom