**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
I know that this isn't technically a Chinese phone (although it is on Gearbest), but I'm assuming that other than the lack of band 20 it'll work perfectly well in the UK...?

https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009787976351.html?wid=1349303

Yeah it will work ok as long as your main network isnt O2 or vodafone as most their 4G is band 20 (800mhz) or at least it used to be. Even 3 and EE are using some of the band 20 now but i dont know how often it is used by them therefore I'd rather have it personally. I had a redmi note 3 and it was fine with 3. Even with my brothers giffgaff sim he got 4g at one point which confused me as it runs off O2. So consider which network you are with before ordering as many use O2 to supply their network i.e Sky mobile, tesco, giffgaff.

I really like the look of the Nokia x7 aka 7.1 plus but again no band 20 in x7 version and i cant find a 7.1 plus any where. Anyone know when that will be released? The 7.1 is on carphone warehouse but not the plus.

Associate
Yeah it will work ok as long as your main network isnt O2 or vodafone as most their 4G is band 20 (800mhz) or at least it used to be. Even 3 and EE are using some of the band 20 now but i dont know how often it is used by them therefore I'd rather have it personally. I had a redmi note 3 and it was fine with 3. Even with my brothers giffgaff sim he got 4g at one point which confused me as it runs off O2. So consider which network you are with before ordering as many use O2 to supply their network i.e Sky mobile, tesco, giffgaff.

I really like the look of the Nokia x7 aka 7.1 plus but again no band 20 in x7 version and i cant find a 7.1 plus any where. Anyone know when that will be released? The 7.1 is on carphone warehouse but not the plus.

Thanks, pretty much what I thought.

I'm with Plusnet (EE) and have been tracking my connections (almost completely band 3) for the past week.

Have ordered and will see how it is!

Really annoying that Nokia are making these XL version phones and dragging their heels on releasing them. Even more annoying that they don't seem to release dual SIM versions in the UK :/

Associate
Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Associate
Thanks for that. I did find an app called lte discovery which i have now been obsessing over. Mainly band 3 from gatwick to brighton. Brighton itself had band 7. Now headed east from brighton to lewes and back to band 3.

Soldato
I recently got a Xiaomi Mi A2 lite after I needed to sell my Pixel 2XL for funds, I absolutely love it, I really don't see the point in splashing 600+ on a phone these days, this is fast, smooth and just very nice and it only cost me £123.85 delivered, it's crazy. Plus the battery lasts me 3 days.
I accept it wont be for everyone, no nfc but still.

Last edited:
Soldato
I recently got a Xiaomi Mi A2 lite after I needed to sell my Pixel 2XL for funds, I absolutely love it, I really don't see the point in splashing 600+ on a phone these days, this is fast, smooth and just very nice and it only cost me £123.85 delivered, it's crazy. Plus the battery lasts me 3 days.
I accept it wont be for everyone, no nfc but still.

Whats the OS skin like on the Xiaomi phones?

Back
Top Bottom