**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Associate
I keep my dirt/grit in a different pocket.

If the micro scratches aren't visible though, what's the problem?

They are visible in the right conditions (reflections), so not a practical problem but it's like scuffs to the rear, it doesn't impact in any serious way but it's never pleasing.

'I don't want scratches making my phone screen look bad, so I'll just start out with it looking bad with this screen protector on it' ;)

Yeah yeah all those jokes are just hilarious but the last phone I had without a screen cover managed to get a light but obvious scratch despite my efforts, no idea how it happened but I'd rather not worry about it happening again.

Soldato
Oh, visible scratches? No, as others, I don't think I've ever had those. I tell a lie, I remember getting one on the glass back of my Pixel XL, you could see it in certain light. A skin went over it a few days later though. I don't remember any on my screens.

They are visible in the right conditions (reflections), so not a practical problem but it's like scuffs to the rear, it doesn't impact in any serious way but it's never pleasing.

Yeah yeah all those jokes are just hilarious but the last phone I had without a screen cover managed to get a light but obvious scratch despite my efforts, no idea how it happened but I'd rather not worry about it happening again.

but you realise a screen protector will scratch almost instanstly, and not just once but 50 times. so to avoid a scatched screen, you put a screen that will scratch on it, and for what? so that when you sell it's perfect for the next guy?

Associate

Well I'm not a p3 owner but a p2xl owner and that resonates with me. I've said it before but this is simultaneously one of my favourite and least favourite phones. Favourite because when it works it's a joy to use, very much like an android iPhone in terms of polish and speed but also one of the least favourite because I seem to discover a new problem nearly every week. It's starting to calm down a bit but only after I've owned it a year. I'm honestly surprised I haven't sold it yet but that's only because of point #1 :)

Soldato
I work in a very dusty, dirty environment, i had a OPO 5T without a screen protector prior to this, and i was disgusted at the screens condition by the end of it so many big scratches and i never dropped it. I'm pretty much forced to wear a Screen protector even though i'd prefer not to.

Soldato
Well I'm not a p3 owner but a p2xl owner and that resonates with me. I've said it before but this is simultaneously one of my favourite and least favourite phones. Favourite because when it works it's a joy to use, very much like an android iPhone in terms of polish and speed but also one of the least favourite because I seem to discover a new problem nearly every week. It's starting to calm down a bit but only after I've owned it a year. I'm honestly surprised I haven't sold it yet but that's only because of point #1 :)
On the other hand I disagree, my pixel 2xl worked flawlessly from day 1.

Back
Top Bottom