Stupid Woman.. or Stupid People?

Soldato
I don't have a problem with what he said at all and I doubt there was any degree of maliciousness in terms of gender intended but he is the one that made a platform of not furthering the childish behavior in parliament yet only applies it when it suits him.

Maybe malicious, maybe not, but it shows a staggering lack of awareness, of political and public image savvy that he would let himself be caught up in this by responding with a muttered comment that he had to know would be jumped on. Not because he's Corbyn, but because of the general trend to what is and is not acceptable these days.
As joe public I can take all of that with a pinch of salt for all the difference it makes to me, but he is the leader of a major political party; as such he cannot take such a laissez fair attitude. Complete lack of good judgment. But that appears to be at least one solid consistency for Corbyn.

The childish behaviour in this case is coming from the ruling side of the house, they are making a mountain out of a mole hill and jumping on a weak excuse to avert the reality away from an incapable minority government.
They were the ones chiding with childish panto like calls prior to Corbyn's minor, unimportant, meager silly two little words.

Was this PM Q's? If so it has always been about the theater and confrontational spectacle of parliament (not that I agree with the oft-times undignified rabble it degenerates into). However it must be reiterated that all of them are behaving childishly - hyperbole aside when addressing the house, I suspect they all know the game they are playing.
Pointing out each others political inadequacy over policy is one thing, referring to another member of the house as 'stupid' and in todays social climate 'stupid woman' shows the real value of those 'meager silly two little words' as you put it.

Plenty of people will remember this. It doesn't matter if they like or dislike the tory party or not; all they will remember is that Corbyn used a dubious slur in front of the nation.

Soldato
Not a Corbyn fan by a long stretch but having watch the replay a few times, I find it much harder to believe he said woman over people. Media gonna Media, such a massive waste of time.

Permabanned
Maybe malicious, maybe not, but it shows a staggering lack of awareness, of political and public image savvy that he would let himself be caught up in this by responding with a muttered comment that he had to know would be jumped on. Not because he's Corbyn, but because of the general trend to what is and is not acceptable these days.
As joe public I can take all of that with a pinch of salt for all the difference it makes to me, but he is the leader of a major political party; as such he cannot take such a laissez fair attitude. Complete lack of good judgment. But that appears to be at least one solid consistency for Corbyn.

Was this PM Q's? If so it has always been about the theater and confrontational spectacle of parliament (not that I agree with the oft-times undignified rabble it degenerates into). However it must be reiterated that all of them are behaving childishly - hyperbole aside when addressing the house, I suspect they all know the game they are playing.
Pointing out each others political inadequacy over policy is one thing, referring to another member of the house as 'stupid' and in todays social climate 'stupid woman' shows the real value of those 'meager silly two little words' as you put it.

Plenty of people will remember this. It doesn't matter if they like or dislike the tory party or not; all they will remember is that Corbyn used a dubious slur in front of the nation.
Prove he said woman.

Soldato
Much as I think Corbyn is a mental ****, it does look like his lips were moving in a manner that suggests he did say "people" - I'm no expert by and stretch, but if you're reading this and say "wooooooo" his lips didn't do that.

Only seen it the once and to me it looked like he said people, too much lip movement for it to be woman.

That's what I see.
To be fair, they are at this moment.
Not a Corbyn fan by a long stretch but having watch the replay a few times, I find it much harder to believe he said woman over people. Media gonna Media, such a massive waste of time.
It's pretty clear he said Stupid Woman, but it's the denying and behaviour afterwards that's making him look pretty bad. If he admitted it then he could have potentially turned the tables round and made the harpies yelling look like oversensitive flowers.
Its not clear at all is it.
This thread actually exists? Jesus, actually hilarious.

Man of Honour
I find this all a bit of a storm in a teacup.

I do find it frustrating that at a point in time where we really need an effective opposition, all Corbyn seems to get people actually talking about is sexist remarks or anti-antisemitism. You could blame the press for that, but I really don't think that's the issue here.

Soldato
Who honestly ******* cares? She's a woman, so if he said stupid woman it means he's referring to a woman who he believes is stupid. I mean is she not a woman?

Associate
In my eyes he said woman but i dont, at all find is sexist... She was being stupid and she is a woman...Oh and you can bet if a woman in the HOP called a man stupid it would hardly be reported on.

Soldato
Its not clear at all is it.

I'll repeat, it's almost irrelevant what he said because his behaviour afterwards poorly dealing with the situation makes him look like he's had a tantrum. How would he have dealt with brexit if he was in charge? Throw a hissy fit and storm out of the room? yeah that's loads better than May

Back
Top Bottom