Bumblebee

Soldato
Yeah, it would be fine if it's a relatively subtle thing. Silly if it's like the Megatron/Soundwave examples.
It's ok to let a few small things go given the subject material. Bay f'd up so much else that he might as well have done it anyway.

OcUK Staff
The jet in the trailer is Blitzwing, somewhat confusingly this movie doesn't throw out all the events of the previous movies. Apparently Megatron is on ice in this still, the soldiers you see are Sector 7, and there's bound to be other things connected to the other movies foreshadowing events that we've seen. Starscream isn't in the movie as he was in three of the previous movies and they wanted to bring in new characters.

That's gonna disappoint my 4 Y.O. (and me).

Starscream was the first G1 I bought him (and my fav as a kid), and when we watched the trailer together we were both excited to see what we thought was Starscream looking more "Starscreamy".

Although he was equally as excited when seeing Soundwave so he'll probably get over it pretty quick! :)

Soldato
Watched this morning, it was everything you expect from a transformers film, take out brain and watch for the visuals. Set in the 80's you get the original looks not the newer Michael Bay ones, main actress played her part well even with some shoehorned bits stuck in here and there, John Cena felt like a waste in this they could have done so much more with him.

If your stuck for something to watch in the new year limbo and Mary Poppin's isn't for you this is a straight popcorn flick.

Caporegime
I refuse to watch it, such a propaganda movie, first line in the trailer what is it? tell me.

Ummmm?

Well the first line spoken in the teaser is Bernie Mac's character from the first Transformers movie...and the first line spoken by an on-screen character is "who are you"

In the main trailer is "I'm Charlie Watson, I'm 18. Today actually"

So what are you on about?

Caporegime
Let's "bee" honest.

I was expecting this to be the transformers from my childhood movie at last.
The few breif scenes on Cybertron were great, I wish they lasted for 99% of the movie.

Yet again we get the iron giant cheesestoryline that every robot film has to have.
Every 80s reference felt faked and forced.
I hope that's the end of the transformers now.
Let them rest.
It's not a terrible kids film but it's really average on every level.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Found this a bit boring - story was meh, characters cringey and lacking in action

Also, the quality of CGI of transformers was a bit poor

Your kidding? I thought it was one of the better transformer movies. Certainly better than the bay movies imo and much closer to the original material and better visual character representation of the robots. CGI was superb imo particularly with the way they blended the transformation from robot to vehicle mode. Cybertron scenes was fantastic. I wish this was a reboot and forget all the previous bay movies at it would be a fresh start for the franchise imo.

Caporegime
Does Soundwave have the voice??
He's in it for 5 seconds, he sets ravager on Optimus. He's in it for so short a time I can't even remember.
It's really nothing to do with Cybertron, don't see it for the 1m30s it features in the film.

It is completely dumb that Optimus looked like the truck too, seeing as he had never even been to earth yet.

The triple changer Decepticons were ok, yes all the visual style is infinitely better than before but meh.

I could spend 30 min slagging it off, but what's the point, it's fine but dumb.

Last edited:
Soldato
Watched this tonight and was sold in the first 5 minutes.

Definitely better than all of the other previous Transformers films.

I'm hoping this is a 'reboot' of the Transformers movies considering the post-credit scene but we shall see.

9/10 for me!

Associate
been to see it tonight also.

No where near enough action but it was way better than any of the bay movies... spent the first 10 mins recognising all of the faces..

but the quirks which i think Bay (who still produced this) had a hand in and really made me sigh...

Spoilers for those who have not seen it

Why oh why does Bee not have a voice grrr i hate this... was one of the most vocal characters
The end where he changes into a camero... makes my **** boil
Agent Simmonds... Really!
The whole being able to change on the fly i really dont like...

Associate
Finally seen Bumblebee film...
Finally seen a live action Transformers movie I loved...

This was a film with a heart, keeping in touch with the fanbase and just ticking all the nostalgia boxes.
I saw with 3 non TF fans tonight, and all of them loved it (including the missus who really doesn't care for them!)

I am happy. 9/10

Caporegime
Where do they go from this one though? This is prior to the events of the bay 2007 movie and its following some things that were set in place by them (megatron on ice being one of the main things). Do they do another movie set in the 80's or 90's or just ignore the Bay movies entirely and make it present day?

Can't see them doing a second movie without Megatron so im guessing they would have to ignore the bay movies altogether.

Soldato
Jesus. People tastes baffle me sometimes Maybe it's age difference. To me this was just awful.
Terrible cgi, attempt at over blown nostalgia comedy. Shocking acting and boring story. Go home John cena.

3/10

Back
Top Bottom