Bumblebee

Soldato
I think it's been made too close to the end of Bayhem series which is going to confuse people and confused people won't go and see it thinking it's more of the same Bayhem trash, despite anything that is said during the press tour about being a reboot. Which is a shame as I quite like Hailee Steinfeld as an actress but I'm getting a feeling that people will still associate it with the "old" franchise.

One thing I did like was the old Beetle model and for a second I was actually hopeful that it maybe set in the 70's, just to completely remove it from the Bayhem time line, before I realised it was reboot.

Same, was hoping it was an early origins sort of story for bee being on earth.

Since Marvel every studio seems to be trying the one character story route so if this the start of a reboot it could be quite a long journey :p

Caporegime
Jesus wept.

The boy in me is happy that transforms could once again look like the 80s classics. Starscream looks superb.

But the rest of it's going to be cliché trash.

Looks good but will be awful.

Associate
Looks better than the last ones in that they took a modicum of G1 love besides "see, beat up Optimus looks like the kind of truck he was in originals, now will you nerds STFU and watch the pretty explosion sequence" of the last few films, but this just seems the most unasked for film ever, I guess it was just too far along when everything else got shelved.

Just get Simon Furman to write the reboots. No-one understands how to write transformers better than him, even when his stories were set on Earth the humans were token and plot relevant, not just there for the sake of it. It was still about the robots.

Soldato
The modern weaponry on the "hmmvs" isn't mid-80's which makes this an odd choice for me but I realise movies aren't the most historically accurate.

Really? Just watching the trailer again and the M2 has been around since the 1930s, the M134 minigun since the 1960s and harpoons (the whaling kind, not the missiles) since time immemorial.

Associate
This looks much more G1...

Could this be the transformers movie we always wanted? The shots on Cybertron look awesome.. soundwave and ravage!

I hope this reboots the bay universe because that was not good.

Still don't get why bee needs to be a mute :/

Soldato
That looks much better than the later Bayhem movies!

It does. Anyone with a modicum of talent was always going to show Bay up for the talentless hack he is. I suppose though there are some people who consider being able to throw a swirling mass of CGI at the screen, talent. :p

Shame so many years were wasted with Bay at the helm.

Associate
I wasn't really getting a G1 vibe.. till I saw Shockwave, Soundscape, Ravage and OP! Holy ****! Finally characters I can relate too. I have this feeling they'll just be quick cameos though :( esp Shockwave and soundwave! Hated the designs on the two triple changers in the film.

Associate
Nah, I'm not falling for it.

Calling it now, those shots of G1 Prime and the Decepticons will be literally all the cybertron stuff we see. And I'm still ****** they're insisting the jet is Blitzwing instead of Starscream. You don't make him look like that and then slap a random different name on him, well actually I suppose in a Bayverse film you do...

Back
Top Bottom