Incels?

Soldato
Look I made my own way in the world! Worked hard with my bootstraps pulled up tight. Rich parents great uni. Easy, why can't everyone else do it?

Those total losers in Africa are just lazy pieces of **** who don't own their ****.

Civil war? famine? parents brutally murdered by boko haram? pffffff in my day the hardest thing was chosing what topping to put on my latte!

They need to man up.
Bro, the incel movement is not a benign support group, though that's how it started many years ago. Nor is 'Incel' just a pejorative for a singleton. It's a borderline extremist club of angry males, riding each other up and harassing women for the crime of not ******* them.

I'm not calling out socially awkward people, or people with extreme anxiety or whatever . These self-identifying Incel dudes are total *********.

Caporegime
I'm anything but an Incel, in b4 people mock me for keyboard warrior. But genuinely I am far from it. And if anything from things i've seen on reddit and things i've heard it's a lot of ugly dudes who struggle with women. The problem is they lock themselves into a vicious cycle but part of me is like.... who can blame them? gym doesn't fix a broken ass face.

If you are really that butt ugly life is probably a struggle..... don't need to look far to find the literature that explains how much of an advantage good looks can give in life.

I'm 6" 4 and I definitely can understand struggles short guys face for example.... one of my friends was 5 7 or something and used to get so much **** for it. Then you see all tinder memes "If he's under 6ft swipe left instantly".

Do people honestly not expect people like that to eventually turn bitter? when you look at what they are exposed to. You'd probably end up same.

The thing is it’s only a real issue if you live your whole existence online, we all know tinder and other dating sites are horribly skewed for average and below men.

In day to day life though I see no issues with men who aren’t conventionally attractive or short dating and having sex. Likely because they don’t sit in echo chambers online and measure the width of their jaw.

Soldato
Bro, the incel movement is not a benign support group, though that's how it started many years ago. Nor is 'Incel' just a pejorative for a singleton. It's a borderline extremist club of angry males, riding each other up and harassing women for the crime of not ******* them.

I'm not calling out socially awkward people, or people with extreme anxiety or whatever . These self-identifying Incel dudes are total *********.

People don't develop in a vacuum.

I'm not saying what some of them do is ok or their behaviour is ok, some are incredibly toxic people. But if you kick a dog enough times when it's down you can bet that dog will eventually turn aggresive. Lots of these dudes probably got severely bullied or suffered a constant torrent of negative reinforcement growing up. Expose any human being to that for long enough and you will get exactly what they become.

However, what I am saying is, how about people try to understand how people may end up like that, and how can we try prevent it? if it is even preventable..... but having swathes of angry/nihilistic/anarchist young men walking around doesn't do society any favours.

Soldato
OP
I'm anything but an Incel, in b4 people mock me for keyboard warrior. But genuinely I am far from it. And if anything from things i've seen on reddit and things i've heard it's a lot of ugly dudes who struggle with women. The problem is they lock themselves into a vicious cycle but part of me is like.... who can blame them? gym doesn't fix a broken ass face.

If you are really that butt ugly life is probably a struggle..... don't need to look far to find the literature that explains how much of an advantage good looks can give in life.

I'm 6" 4 and I definitely can understand struggles short guys face for example.... one of my friends was 5 7 or something and used to get so much **** for it. Then you see all tinder memes "If he's under 6ft swipe left instantly".

Do people honestly not expect people like that to eventually turn bitter? when you look at what they are exposed to. You'd probably end up same.

Problem is, ugly is opinion, and I see all the time in both sex that a person will chase those they can't have and ignore those that want them.

I'm 5'7 LOL :D but can't say I get much **** for it, sure I've no doubt been turned down in favor of someone taller but if that's what the person wants, who's to blame them? I've met women who didn't mind or even liked the fact I was not towering over them, everyone's got their own deal, I think if you grow bitter at some rejection then you're setting yourself up to fall. Also other than a couple of my male friends who use the women on there I literally know 0 people who use Tinder to do anything but troll. I have no clue where the women who use Tinder are, they're either super secretive about it or don't get out much.

ALSO HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY :D

Soldato
https://www.reddit.com/r/incelselfies

What a world we live in.

If most of these guys made an effort with their appearance, lifted heavy and stopped being pussies, they may in fact end up with some pussy. I won't hold much hope though...

Definitely.... some guys there could fix their appearance with a little effort and it's bad news they can so easily fall into that vicious cycle of self hatred and nihilism.

Edit: A lot of normal looking young guys there.... that is the concerning part.

Caporegime
Definitely.... some guys there could fix their appearance with a little effort and it's bad news they can so easily fall into that vicious cycle of self hatred and nihilism.

Edit: A lot of normal looking young guys there.... that is the concerning part.

I do think we're also slowly reaching a point where being just 'normal' isn't enough these days though. The dating scene is worse than ever, especially if these guys are only using apps like Tinder. I'm sure I read that on there, the bottom 80% of guys in terms of attractiveness are competing for the bottom 20% of girls, or something along those lines.

Soldato
People don't develop in a vacuum.

I'm not saying what some of them do is ok or their behaviour is ok, some are incredibly toxic people. But if you kick a dog enough times when it's down you can bet that dog will eventually turn aggresive. Lots of these dudes probably got severely bullied or suffered a constant torrent of negative reinforcement growing up. Expose any human being to that for long enough and you will get exactly what they become.

However, what I am saying is, how about people try to understand how people may end up like that, and how can we try prevent it? if it is even preventable..... but having swathes of angry/nihilistic/anarchist young men walking around doesn't do society any favours.
Incels DO develop in a vacuum, that's the point. it's a total vacuum of outside or off-message opinion. Incubating extremism.

Soldato
I do think we're also slowly reaching a point where being just 'normal' isn't enough these days though. The dating scene is worse than ever, especially if these guys are only using apps like Tinder. I'm sure I read that on there, the bottom 80% of guys in terms of attractiveness are competing for the bottom 20% of girls, or something along those lines.
They were some statistics generated from OKCupid, they had a large sample size but i can't remember how they generated the data for it. I believe what they actually found was that women found 80% of men to be below average attractiveness. Men did not exhibit the same behaviour and they found womens attractiveness to be more of a bell curve with most women around average attractiveness and an increasingly small amount of outliers when approaching either end of the scale

EDIT: Found the article:
http://archive.vn/rSfFA

The original article was taken down, possibly because it didn't really send the right message to any men looking to sign up

Last edited:
Soldato
So wait, some men believe they cant get a date and it's the woman's fault, cant possibly be their's lol.

It just reeks of shifting the blame, it's the start of the path justifying things like rape.

Soldato
So wait, some men believe they cant get a date and it's the woman's fault, cant possibly be their's lol.

It just reeks of shifting the blame, it's the start of the path justifying things like rape.

Is it really on the path to justifying things like rape? Thats a strong claim and i've never heard of any incel rapists, possibly because being an incel at its most basic level comes down to desiring some form of acceptance from the opposite sex. I just can't see how raping a woman would give them that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cute soundbite, but it doesn't even mean anything.

What exactly are you trying to say?
That the guys in this thread talking about butter faces and hobbits are barking up the wrong tree. These dudes aren't failing to get laid because of physical attributes, but rather that they can't express an attractive personality, or demonstrate the sort of competence that is attractive.

So look to improve that, rather than consign yourself to defeat because you look like a rat.

Caporegime
That the guys in this thread talking about butter faces and hobbits are barking up the wrong tree. These dudes aren't failing to get laid because of physical attributes, but rather that they can't express an attractive personality, or demonstrate the sort of competence that is attractive.

So look to improve that, rather than consign yourself to defeat because you look like a rat.
I don't think people consign themselves to defeat purely because of looks anyhow.

I think it's normally a combination of things. Bad looks might add to the feeling of hopelessness but it's not normally the sole factor at play, or even one of the biggest.

Feelings of low self worth emanate from many places. Lack of success; lack of employment (of sufficient status); lack of money; inability to make conversation; inability to hold eye contact; being afraid of being utterly boring; being afraid of being too old; having no previous positive interactions with women (and possibly several bad ones); feelings of chronic abnormality; being unable to trust others; having few/no friends; not understanding others; being unable to read body language or pick up on clues/cues; finding human social contact extremely awkward, frustrating and dissatisfying; feeling detached from society and people in general.

Try some of those, which I'll wager are all more prevalent than feelings of ugliness.

V F

V F

Soldato

It looks that way reading this thread. A lot of anger and asterix.

Soldato
I don't think people consign themselves to defeat purely because of looks anyhow.

I think it's normally a combination of things. Bad looks might add to the feeling of hopelessness but it's not normally the sole factor at play, or even one of the biggest.

Feelings of low self worth emanate from many places. Lack of success; lack of employment (of sufficient status); lack of money; inability to make conversation; inability to hold eye contact; being afraid of being utterly boring; being afraid of being too old; having no previous positive interactions with women (and possibly several bad ones); feelings of chronic abnormality; being unable to trust others; having few/no friends; not understanding others; being unable to read body language or pick up on clues/cues; finding human social contact extremely awkward, frustrating and dissatisfying; feeling detached from society and people in general.

Try some of those, which I'll wager are all more prevalent than feelings of ugliness.
Yup. Agreed.

And those are all internal things that the incel movement tries to distract itself from by pinning it on women's behaviour . Which is why I've no time for those guys.

Back
Top Bottom