Incels?

Soldato
I've never been one to pay much attention to politics but the Twitch camgirl IRS stuff catching so much attention has exposed me to a ton of weird labels and acronyms. MGTOW being the strangest...

Saw a YouTube video where they were discussing the Twitch camgirl drama and they bought up Incels and had a pretty convincing reasoning for them. With make up and Youtube beauty tutorials, as well as how easy selfies are to manipulate, young women are being convinced by society thanks to the internet that their social value is higher than it is. This causes them to consider the average man below average in looks/value, and leads to a large number of young males to go with little to no female attention at all.

Personally I don't quite agree with that, it's too simple of an explanation for such complex creatures that we are, but if there is any sort of credibility to that theory then are Incels victimized by society and the media? You cannot find a single positive thing associated with the term, and it starts to sound like ugly shaming and discrimination against men.

What do you lot think? Not trying to make a thread about feminism vs the man or any crap like that.

Caporegime
It's just a silly new word for a section of society that have always existed. The definition of "incel" is hardly even agreed upon, so I will just use it as a term for people who would like to be in a relationship but have never been able to find one.

Soldato
OP
Turn off the internet and don't concern yourself with what a tiny minority of morons on both sides do and think.
2018 is such an interesting year though! It'd be a shame to miss the highlights :D

It's just a silly new word for a section of society that have always existed. The definition of "incel" is hardly even agreed upon, so I will just use it as a term for people who would like to be in a relationship but have never been able to find one.

The world carries a pretty heavy meaning though from the sounds of it. Even big media companies are using it in a derogatory manner and using it as a word to ridicule, I've never met anyone who fits the description unless it means somebody who has had unsuccessful relationships and nothing super long term? That's just about everyone in their twenties on both sides! :s

Soldato
Young men are in a tough category. Women their own age want to date older, women younger are too young, older women aren't super interested, at least not in great numbers.

It's just supply and demand, rather than anything more sinister. There's just a wide community courtesy of the Internet for all these losers to echo-chamber ******* stupid ideas about why their unbearable personalities are not the reason for their utter lack of game.

Caporegime
Young men are in a tough category. Women their own age want to date older, women younger are too young, older women aren't super interested, at least not in great numbers.

It's just supply and demand, rather than anything more sinister. There's just a wide community courtesy of the Internet for all these losers to echo-chamber ******* stupid ideas about why their unbearable personalities are not the reason for their utter lack of game.
You're a piece of work, cheesy. A real piece of work.

People who aren't in/can't find relationships may have issues, but to write them off as "losers" just shows what a genuine **** you are. Not that we all didn't know from your previous postings anyhow.

Soldato
It's the same as everything else that's happening on the internet these days. These people already existed, they are the normal loner/awkward/virgins that have been around for years. They are now just congregating together as a group and feeding eachothers idea which causes them to become more extreme. It's happening with loads of groups now.

Soldato
OP
It's the same as everything else that's happening on the internet these days. These people already existed, they are the normal loner/awkward/virgins that have been around for years. They are now just congregating together as a group and feeding eachothers idea which causes them to become more extreme. It's happening with loads of groups now.

Why though, how can sitting there and complaining to eachother possibly yield any results, when that time could be better spent gaining confidence, improving looks or whatever it is they are lacking in the social climate? I don't think I've ever seen or met a single person where I would think to myself 'they'd never be able to get a partner!'. There's gotta be a little more to it than this.

Soldato
You're a piece of work, cheesy. A real piece of work.

People who aren't in/can't find relationships may have issues, but to write them off as "losers" just shows what a genuine **** you are. Not that we all didn't know from your previous postings anyhow.
People who aren't in relationships aren't losers. People who don't own their **** and instead project it all onto others are losers.

Ergo, the incel movement is a group of total ******* losers.

Caporegime
Why though, how can sitting there and complaining to eachother possibly yield any results, when that time could be better spent gaining confidence, improving looks or whatever it is they are lacking in the social climate? I don't think I've ever seen or met a single person where I would think to myself 'they'd never be able to get a partner!'. There's gotta be a little more to it than this.
I'm not part of any community, so don't know what "crazy" ideas get banded around in those places, but I can 100% tell you why it is possible for a bloke to never have any prospect of being in a relationship. It can boil down to a feeling of complete hopelessness, a feeling of carrying absolutely no worth as a partner, complete and total absence of confidence, hope, belief.

The feeling that things are so bad they can never be made right. And when others drone on about how they must be "losers" what do you think happens... well, actually, nothing. They already had this belief about themselves anyhow. They are probably a lot more scathing in their own criticism of themselves that you could EVER be about them. Because they save the most intense, deep-seated loathing for themselves.

Just don't ask how I know :p

Man of Honour
[..] The world carries a pretty heavy meaning though from the sounds of it. Even big media companies are using it in a derogatory manner and using it as a word to ridicule, I've never met anyone who fits the description unless it means somebody who has had unsuccessful relationships and nothing super long term? That's just about everyone in their twenties on both sides! :s

It's just another politically useful insult to denigrate and silence anyone in a particular group identity who doesn't wholly obey the person using the insult. There have always been such words, used by the worst of politicians to gain or maintain power and by the media to gain attention, promote fear and so on. Same old same old. "Incel" and "Terf" are just the lastest ones in a long line.

Soldato
It's just another politically useful insult to denigrate and silence anyone in a particular group identity who doesn't wholly obey the person using the insult. There have always been such words, used by the worst of politicians to gain or maintain power and by the media to gain attention, promote fear and so on. Same old same old. "Incel" and "Terf" are just the lastest ones in a long line.
Incels self identify. It's more a badge than a label.

Soldato
OP
Some people self identify as an incel, some people are called an incel by other people. It was more a badge than a label in the past, but the more it's used by other people the more it's a label.
Doesn't sound like a label that people should be using considering it's embaressing implications. If somebody actually can not get a partner it's 99.9% down to confidence, and such an extreme haha nobody wants you attack is going to keep them where they are. At that point it's a little unfair, shouldn't we help people like that? It's one thing for it to be used by peers, but by the media and politicians, that shouldn't fly even to the common folk who use the label.
I'm not part of any community, so don't know what "crazy" ideas get banded around in those places, but I can 100% tell you why it is possible for a bloke to never have any prospect of being in a relationship. It can boil down to a feeling of complete hopelessness, a feeling of carrying absolutely no worth as a partner, complete and total absence of confidence, hope, belief.

The feeling that things are so bad they can never be made right. And when others drone on about how they must be "losers" what do you think happens... well, actually, nothing. They already had this belief about themselves anyhow. They are probably a lot more scathing in their own criticism of themselves that you could EVER be about them. Because they save the most intense, deep-seated loathing for themselves.

Just don't ask how I know :p

I think we've all been there though, not depression (as that is how it sounds) but general self loathing. Low confidence is often conquered by the empathy/acceptance of others, unless it is in act. I've met a lot of women and a few guys who use it as an act, especially attractive people.

Permabanned
MGTOW is when men decide the risks (she takes your house and kids) of being with a woman aren't worth the rewards (sex).
Feminists aren't willing to accept that they might be at fault, by creating too hostile an environment for men.
So they make up a counter-term "Incel" to say "you're not alone out of choice, you're alone because women don't want you".

MGTOW is what people say about themselves. I think this term is fine, it describes a set of beliefs conveniently.
Incel is a derogatory term feminists use against men. This term is nasty, I think it shouldn't be used on this forum or anywhere. It basically says the person using it is a horrid person, and says nothing about the target.

My personal view on this issue goes like this:
- sex is overrated
- children are really annoying and expensive so I don't want them
- I find other people tolerable in small doses but don't want to live with one
- there was one girl I dated ages ago who I could have seen myself living with, but time has passed and now she's an extreme feminist, so that's a bullet dodged, but it just goes to show how someone can seem totally normal but later change into someone who'll take your house and kids.
- so I'm single, it's partly by choice, and partly not by choice (because I didn't choose for feminism to be turning women into idiots).

Soldato
People who aren't in relationships aren't losers. People who don't own their **** and instead project it all onto others are losers.

Ergo, the incel movement is a group of total ******* losers.

Look I made my own way in the world! Worked hard with my bootstraps pulled up tight. Rich parents great uni. Easy, why can't everyone else do it?

Those total losers in Africa are just lazy pieces of **** who don't own their ****.

Civil war? famine? parents brutally murdered by boko haram? pffffff in my day the hardest thing was chosing what topping to put on my latte!

They need to man up.

Caporegime
I dove into it for a little while when it hit the mainstream media half a year ago or whatever it was and for the most part most, the community were trolls or users with clear mental health issues. Half the posts weren’t even about not being able to get laid it was just resentful men hating how easy it was for women to get sex and that even if they did manage to get a woman she’d eventually leave them for “Chad”.

Soldato
OP
MGTOW is when men decide the risks (she takes your house and kids) of being with a woman aren't worth the rewards (sex).
Feminists aren't willing to accept that they might be at fault, by creating too hostile an environment for men.
So they make up a counter-term "Incel" to say "you're not alone out of choice, you're alone because women don't want you".

MGTOW is what people say about themselves. I think this term is fine, it describes a set of beliefs conveniently.
Incel is a derogatory term feminists use against men. This term is nasty, I think it shouldn't be used on this forum or anywhere. It basically says the person using it is a horrid person, and says nothing about the target.

My personal view on this issue goes like this:
- sex is overrated
- children are really annoying and expensive so I don't want them
- I find other people tolerable in small doses but don't want to live with one
- there was one girl I dated ages ago who I could have seen myself living with, but time has passed and now she's an extreme feminist, so that's a bullet dodged, but it just goes to show how someone can seem totally normal but later change into someone who'll take your house and kids.
- so I'm single, it's partly by choice, and partly not by choice (because I didn't choose for feminism to be turning women into idiots).

That sounds like it could really backfire on women, if it gains traction and a lot of men are starting to see things like this. But aren't feminists a vocal minority? I've not met many, not the extremist sort anyway. Feel as though they live on the internet and don't get much attention from men, a little ironic.

I dove into it for a little while when it hit the mainstream media half a year ago or whatever it was and for the most part most, the community were trolls or users with clear mental health issues. Half the posts weren’t even about not being able to get laid it was just resentful men hating how easy it was for women to get sex and that even if they did manage to get a woman she’d eventually leave them for “Chad”.

Lol this is a pretty common attitude in both sexes, especially the cheating part. What you're describing sounds a lot like feminism except reversed. It's bloody hard to not get swayed by bias today aint it. Sounds like there are men with views on women that are asinine as a feminist's views are towards men.

Soldato

I'm anything but an Incel, in b4 people mock me for keyboard warrior. But genuinely I am far from it. And if anything from things i've seen on reddit and things i've heard it's a lot of ugly dudes who struggle with women. The problem is they lock themselves into a vicious cycle but part of me is like.... who can blame them? gym doesn't fix a broken ass face.

If you are really that butt ugly life is probably a struggle..... don't need to look far to find the literature that explains how much of an advantage good looks can give in life.

I'm 6" 4 and I definitely can understand struggles short guys face for example.... one of my friends was 5 7 or something and used to get so much **** for it. Then you see all tinder memes "If he's under 6ft swipe left instantly".

Do people honestly not expect people like that to eventually turn bitter? when you look at what they are exposed to. You'd probably end up same.

Back
Top Bottom