Road Cycling

Associate
All ready for spring :)
New Fabric flat saddle, new Deda zero100 handlebars swapped from a 44ctr to a 40ctr which feels much better. New wheels and tyres. I also have a new Stem on the way, I want to drop it onto the top of the cone but I don't trust myself cutting the steerer.

I think once all the white gets dirty again I will probably swap everything to black.

pk7K5EJ.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah the delights of cycling, not going fast enough for the roads usually but tonight on the way home couple of roads away, I turned in from a main road, 4 cars parked either side after the double yellow lines and a car then about 20-30 yards past these cars. He braked, stalled his car then gave me a good old long beep on his horn, bit annoyed as I had right of way as I'd started to filter through I stopped, he tried to get out of his car and moaned that I was going too fast turning into the road (at most 13mph) and my lights were so bright. I was going so slowly I had managed to stop by the time I was at the rear of his car. Should have just carried on really but so frustrating riding at times in this country.

Apart from that nice ride tonight and good that it's not been too cold down this way most of the winter as there isn't much salt left on the roads, hopefully it'll stay this way so the roads are nice and clean earlier in the spring to get back on the Summer bike.

Associate
my beemer got broken into couple of weekends ago. i think the thief copied the key outside the house (not the relay method because no keyless entry on this car). luckiy he/she had only gone through the glove box and didnt steal anything. The car was blocked in by another car so the thief knows there is no way he/she can steal the car itself. but it was quite a daring thing to do as the car was parked on the front drive right next to the living room window. Interestingly enough BBC came out with that article about stealing car by relaying keeyless entry fob the day after....

anyway, without turning this into the car discussion, here's my new second hand summer bike:
gAPZpFU.jpg

V1-r in 50s
Force 1
2013 Bora One
Challenge Strada Tub 25mm
Prologo Dimension Ti
Zipp service course SL 110mm -17o
42cm Colnago handle bar

Last edited:
Soldato
<snip>

anyway, without turning this into the car discussion, here's my new second hand summer bike:
gAPZpFU.jpg

V1-r in 50s
Force 1
2013 Bora One
Prologo Dimension Ti
42cm Colnago handle bar
Valve stems not lined up. Flat pedals and not in line. So it's only a nice from me I'm afraid! ;) #GCN

Seriously great colour and personally I think that looks supreme with the wheels and tanwalls. Might just be the photograph/lighting, but that's really eye catching! Does it look the same shades of gold/golden/tan in the sunlight?

Obviously that's brand new tanwall colours, they'll soon get darker!

Again, shame it's got SRAM on there an not Campag. Still beautiful to see it, thanks for sharing! :D

EDIT: FYI, check the front caliper bolt recess depth

You must be a shorty like me?
It does look small, although I prefer that look to tall headtubes. Really find that ugly! Combine it with the Shamrock style almost-slammed stem and negative degree it could almost pass as one of yours! ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Now thats the kind of bike I’d love to own. The colour is amazing :)
Looks fast just sitting there, stunning :)
Thanks guys! Yes, looks very fast when im sitting on my sofa lol.

I figure i will never be able to afford a real Ferrari, so when this came up on ebay for 1500, i thought this may be my only chance to own a piece of Ferrari carbon LOL.

Goldnago is nice!
Would look even better with a black seat post and non-tan-walls IMO :)
lol, good name that. might start to call this Goldnago. lol. My friend got a baclk V1r, may give his black seat post a try. :)

Valve stems not lined up. Flat pedals and not in line. So it's only a nice from me I'm afraid! ;) #GCN

LOL. i must say they really let the "standard" slip lately!! lol they even had a super nice in Big-big! I actually dont have enough pedals to fit onto all the bikes lol. so these are my MTB ones just for testing.

Seriously great colour and personally I think that looks supreme with the wheels and tanwalls. Might just be the photograph/lighting, but that's really eye catching! Does it look the same shades of gold/golden/tan in the sunlight?

Obviously that's brand new tanwall colours, they'll soon get darker!

The gold does look like that in real life. may be a smudge darker.

They are quite dirty already, but i can imagine they will go a lot darker soon.

Very nice. I almost got a 'Nago but went for Bianchi in the end. Just needs a matching Campag gruppo instead of Force!:D

Again, shame it's got SRAM on there an not Campag. Still beautiful to see it, thanks for sharing! :D

I am waitng for the LBS queuing list to die down. I have a set of Super Record EPS v3 waiting in a box! (again, ebay 600 quid for the set without crank but includes chorus cassette and record DM brakes)

You must be a shorty like me?

It does look small, although I prefer that look to tall headtubes. Really find that ugly! Combine it with the Shamrock style almost-slammed stem and negative degree it could almost pass as one of yours! ;)

I am indeed on the short side. 171cm with saddle-BB around 70-71cm. Although the V1r seems to have relatively high head tube when comparing to similar size bike. The bike came with a 13cm stem which was way too long for me.

Soldato
Anyone taken a Kryptonite D lock apart? Or dealt with their support?

My Evolution 7 Mini at work is trashed... I think. It got a little rougher during the wet/winter weather over the last few months and now the 2 keys I have neither will unlock the mechanism. 1 is a well used key, the other is pretty much unused (stuffed in my drawer at work when it was new). I've sprayed a load of WD40 in it, to no avail, put some chain lube/oil in it and left it a few days and still nothing. It's not rough now, just turns a 1/4 turn and will not go further. It almost feels as if he key isn't fully going into the lock, but there's nothing in there that I can see/shaking doesn't remove. :o

So damn lucky it wasn't locked to my bike at the time! :o

Think spending it's life outside has finally got the better of it. It's only just over 3 years old, grr! Using my 'backup' Evolution Series 4 instead (generally stays in the car for more sporadic use). But would be nice to fix the 7 if possible...

Soldato
my beemer got broken into couple of weekends ago. i think the thief copied the key outside the house (not the relay method because no keyless entry on this car). luckiy he/she had only gone through the glove box and didnt steal anything. The car was blocked in by another car so the thief knows there is no way he/she can steal the car itself. but it was quite a daring thing to do as the car was parked on the front drive right next to the living room window. Interestingly enough BBC came out with that article about stealing car by relaying keeyless entry fob the day after....

gAPZpFU.jpg

V1-r in 50s
Force 1
2013 Bora One
Prologo Dimension Ti
42cm Colnago handle bar

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!

I love Colnago! Have a C60 myself. How are the Bora Ones? I've been looking at getting a pair for my steed.

Associate
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!

I love Colnago! Have a C60 myself. How are the Bora Ones? I've been looking at getting a pair for my steed.
they are fast and very smooth but i think because i forced some 25mm tyres onto them the tyres are very much lightbulb shape i.e. aerodyanmically they are probably not as fast as they could be. mind you these are now three generation behind the latest model, so the new ones are probably much better in cross wind and braking department.

one thing i like is how light they feel. they feel great when accelerating and climbing out of saddle.

Soldato
Nice Colnago that!

Had C64 in the blue fade colour, full SR EPS and Bora Ultra wheels dropped in the shop today.

Lovely bike but the rubber strap of magnets round the seat tube(where the battery is)to turn the system off seems....crude at best? :confused:

Associate
Anyone taken a Kryptonite D lock apart? Or dealt with their support?

My Evolution 7 Mini at work is trashed... I think. It got a little rougher during the wet/winter weather over the last few months and now the 2 keys I have neither will unlock the mechanism. 1 is a well used key, the other is pretty much unused (stuffed in my drawer at work when it was new). I've sprayed a load of WD40 in it, to no avail, put some chain lube/oil in it and left it a few days and still nothing. It's not rough now, just turns a 1/4 turn and will not go further. It almost feels as if he key isn't fully going into the lock, but there's nothing in there that I can see/shaking doesn't remove. :o

So damn lucky it wasn't locked to my bike at the time! :o

Think spending it's life outside has finally got the better of it. It's only just over 3 years old, grr! Using my 'backup' Evolution Series 4 instead (generally stays in the car for more sporadic use). But would be nice to fix the 7 if possible...

Had exactly the same issue with mine, tried grease, oil, lube, wd40. Nothing helps for more than a week or so. I've decided to replace it with an Abus chain for now. It is almost 6 years old and has dealt with daily use in Danish weather year-round. If you find a fix, let me know ;)

Soldato
Nice Colnago that!

Had C64 in the blue fade colour, full SR EPS and Bora Ultra wheels dropped in the shop today.

Lovely bike but the rubber strap of magnets round the seat tube(where the battery is)to turn the system off seems....crude at best? :confused:
OMG. I'm in love. Wasn't aware of that colourway until I googled! :o

I always loved the C64 LeCol edition they did. It actually popped up on my farcebook feed as something I liked a year ago! Get some pics! *drool*

Had exactly the same issue with mine, tried grease, oil, lube, wd40. Nothing helps for more than a week or so. I've decided to replace it with an Abus chain for now. It is almost 6 years old and has dealt with daily use in Danish weather year-round. If you find a fix, let me know ;)
I read through a couple of things on their website/zendesk support yesterday and it seems there is a way the chambers in the lock can get out of line, so with something thin you can realign them for the key to go all the way in. Without them aligned the chamber will only turn 90 degrees before stopping (which is exactly what I'm seeing). I had a go aligning mine yesterday with a cable tie but it was too wide and my eyesight is not good enough to see right into the bottom of the chamber. Am going to have another look today with a thin screwdriver (a thin piece of wire or spoke might also work well) and a light. Fingers crossed! Will report back!

Also submitted a support request with them. Expected 7-10 day wait time on response due to 'heavy volume'. GAH.

EDIT: also, welcome to Pedal Powered! :D

You actually lock bikes over there? When I passed through Copenhagen there were bikes just lying everywhere, row upon row of racks too.
Haha Stockholm was similar when we visited 3 years ago. So. Many. Bikes!

Was amazing to see - there also happened to be the ITU World Series Triathlon on at the same time (which the Brownlee's 1&2'd.). So lots of fancy TT bikes where also spotted amongst the city bikes! Copenhagen is also on our list to cross off at some point, although the other half just expects it to be the same...

Soldato
they are fast and very smooth but i think because i forced some 25mm tyres onto them the tyres are very much lightbulb shape i.e. aerodyanmically they are probably not as fast as they could be. mind you these are now three generation behind the latest model, so the new ones are probably much better in cross wind and braking department.

one thing i like is how light they feel. they feel great when accelerating and climbing out of saddle.

Oh excellent. I've pretty much decided that they're the wheelset I want. I think they'll complete the bike :) It is just a bugger that in a few years time I may fancy a new bike, but maybe with disks. Then I'd have to buy a new set!

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom