Idiot girl who fled to Syria wants to come back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Come on guys, 15 year olds make mistakes such as joining a barbaric, evil, terrorist organisation all the time!

I can't believe people are using her age to justify her actions. She's 19 now and is showing zero remorse for her actions. Deplorable.

Funny how she expects humanity when she completely denounced all humanity by joining a savage, murderous cult.

It's her attitude that seals it for me. Not only is she not remorseful, she doesn't even hide the fact she's using her unborn child to emotionally blackmail the UK to let her back in.

If she was willing to hand herself in and take whatever punishment, and offers herself to deprogramming etc, then maybe i'll consider it, but not in the way she's coming across now.

Associate
I think people forget that the three girls were 15yrs old. Still considered as children. They were more likely brainwashed.
The girl who wishes to return has lost two children. That is tragic.
She is a British citizen so should be allowed back home, however, there is a case for treason.

She was probably brainwashed by her own father.

MXP8x9R.jpg

Transmission breaker
Don
A child made a big mistake.
She is too young arrogant to admit her mistakes at the moment and is relishing the attention it brings her. However, her desire to return speaks louder than anything else.

Make no mistake, she has been dealt a (hefty) dose of reality and should be allowed a chance to return. She should be questioned and potentially charged depending on outcomes. It's not a case of return and just walk off Scott free. If there are criminal charges to answer so be it.

Maybe, Just maybe, she can become the face of IS reality and a phenomenal deterrent for UK teens to join up? Or am I being naive?

Caporegime
She is too young arrogant to admit her mistakes at the moment and is relishing the attention it brings her. However, her desire to return speaks louder than anything else.

Make no mistake, she has been dealt a (hefty) dose of reality and should be allowed a chance to return. She should be questioned and potentially charged depending on outcomes. It's not a case of return and just walk off Scott free. If there are criminal charges to answer so be it.

Maybe, Just maybe, she can become the face of IS reality and a phenomenal deterrent for UK teens to join up? Or am I being naive?
Very I’m afraid.

Nice idea, but I think she’s past help.

As for too young to admit mistakes, well, the last time we fought an evil ideology we had plenty of 19year olds more than happy to serve our country on land, sea and in the air, I’m quite sure they were old enough to see right from wrong, shame she can’t.

Soldato

The real deterrent would be if they were not allowed to return to the UK, and had to sit out the consequences of their decisions permanently.

To join a terrorist organization which has its crosshairs firmly placed upon Western culture and Western values, and to then claim that they want to benefit from this same value system when their plan didnt work out?

Practically speaking allowing her to return is downright dangerous from a security point of view. She has the potential to be the very definition of a Trojan Horse. Who is telling what damage she can do?

However, the reality is that, if she manages to make her own way back to the UK. Our borders will be open for her as a British Citizen, and then we can look to prosecute her when she clears immigration.

Soldato
I haven't forgotten. I don't care. She was 15, not 5. She was not a child. Also, she is now 19 and at least as bad as she was before. She's an enemy of this country, by her own free will. She's also an enemy of civilisation, by her own free will. That is her choice. She is a clear and present danger. This country is not her home, by her own choice. She is not a British citizen, by her own choice.

Unfortunately she is (afaik) legally a British citizen, as much as it pains me to say it she should be allowed back, morally I'm against it but if we're to hold ourselves to higher standards we have to adhere to the law, especially international law. That's in no way saying i approve of letting her back as like yourself i believe she was fully aware of what she was doing when she buggered off on her little jolly and as far as I'm concerned she can **** right off, however i also believe that what sets us apart from the animals she was so enamored with is that we're all treated equally in the eyes of the law.

Soldato
i'm 50/50 on this one, part of me says she was only 15, the other part says she can bugger off... you never know weather to trust the press but she does not come across as someone who made a terrible / stupid decision...

Soldato
Will people stop harping on about her being ONLY 15, that's an adult not a child giving up her my little ponies and Barbie dolls to go fight against her own country

Associate
At the age of 11 in my opinion you are fully aware of your actions, by 15 she knew what she was getting into and she spat in her own family face to join them.
She may have the legal rights to come back but she shouldn't be allowed back at all.

Associate
Tito had the right idea at the end of WW2 when he dealt with the Ustase.

I can foresee this woman being allowed back into the country, appearing on the front of every conceivable woman's magazine, making an absolute fortune appearing on TV discussion programmes, she'd probably appear as "an expert" on terrorism.

Yeah, give her the Tito treatment.

Caporegime
If the government caves which they will then she absolutely shouldn't be allowed to raise any children or 20 years from now we'll be looking at another Manchester bombing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom