What "man jobs" have you done today?

Associate
Finally got around to starting tiling in flat renovation. I'm no pro and this is my second tiling project so the larger format tiles were a little daunting. All went on well so far, some apprentice cuts but hope to tidy that all up with trim. Going to silicone in ceiling to tile. Glad I spent the little extra on tile clips and wedges as it would have been nigh on impossible to remove lippage without them with this size tile. Despite some mixed reviews the cheapo tile cutting bits and suction cup roller bearing guide worked an absolute treat. Really happy with the cut outs for services, especially the toilet cistern feed as that was very close to the tile edge, was expecting cracks.

Now fingers crossed it doesn't all fall off :eek:

flat_reno_bathroom_tile_3.jpg

flat_reno_bathroom_tile_1.jpg

flat_reno_bathroom_tile_2.jpg

Superb work, your making me wanna rip out and refurb mine now :)

Soldato
Finally got around to starting tiling in flat renovation. I'm no pro and this is my second tiling project so the larger format tiles were a little daunting. All went on well so far, some apprentice cuts but hope to tidy that all up with trim. Going to silicone in ceiling to tile. Glad I spent the little extra on tile clips and wedges as it would have been nigh on impossible to remove lippage without them with this size tile. Despite some mixed reviews the cheapo tile cutting bits and suction cup roller bearing guide worked an absolute treat. Really happy with the cut outs for services, especially the toilet cistern feed as that was very close to the tile edge, was expecting cracks.

Now fingers crossed it doesn't all fall off :eek:

flat_reno_bathroom_tile_3.jpg

flat_reno_bathroom_tile_1.jpg

flat_reno_bathroom_tile_2.jpg

Ive not seen those tile clips before, looks really good for those of us are non-pro's!

Soldato
I'd have made a right hash of it without them. They really do put a lot of force to flatten the tile into the adhesive I wouldn't have been able to do by hand.

Got them from a trade outlet. Much cheaper than DIY superstore and came with the install tool to boot.

Associate
i put these ikea lack shelves up would like to do the same on the other side of the tv but i would have too reduce them by 230mm it's 295mm to the centre of the pole bracket thing so enough clearance,

no circular saw though have to do it by hand it's 3-4 mm hardboard or mdf the outer edge would the finish be too rough by hand?

sKZ2NVp.jpg

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
I'd have made a right hash of it without them. They really do put a lot of force to flatten the tile into the adhesive I wouldn't have been able to do by hand.

Got them from a trade outlet. Much cheaper than DIY superstore and came with the install tool to boot.

Any chance of a link please?

Associate
Put together a new frame for the raised bed - its L-shaped so made up of 2 sections - 3x1.2x1.2m and 1.8 x1.2x1.2m constructed from aluminium tubing.

Unfortunately the company had delivered the wrong size netting so unable to get it covered, going to be another job next week to get that sorted - I'm sure the local cats and foxes will enjoy themselves in the meantime :rolleyes:

Associate
i put these ikea lack shelves up would like to do the same on the other side of the tv but i would have too reduce them by 230mm it's 295mm to the centre of the pole bracket thing so enough clearance,

no circular saw though have to do it by hand it's 3-4 mm hardboard or mdf the outer edge would the finish be too rough by hand?

sKZ2NVp.jpg

Looks great, if you scored the cut line with a Stanley knife first, then cut from all 3 sides top, front, bottom carefully should be fine.

Tea Drinker
Don
Strip of blockwork needs insulation. Got loads left over so spent the afternoon cutting squeaky insulation.

Am also installing a strip above the windows on the old bit as the blown rubbish insulation has sagged. Probably 500mm of uninsulated wall around the perimeter of the house.

TWJ5sMo.jpg

0UBbDoz.jpg

Associate
Strip of blockwork needs insulation. Got loads left over so spent the afternoon cutting squeaky insulation.

Am also installing a strip above the windows on the old bit as the blown rubbish insulation has sagged. Probably 500mm of uninsulated wall around the perimeter of the house.

TWJ5sMo.jpg

0UBbDoz.jpg

Nice one , got a question for you Macca what is the cost per meter for this work your having done if you dont mind me asking? thinking of doing an extension i am in the midlands so i know it will be a little cheaper i would have thought.

Soldato
Spent around 8hrs pressure washing. Am starting to regret buying a house with a big paved area! Had bought a Nilfisk pressure washer which was meant to come with a patio attachment but it was missing. Tried just the washer on its on but it was a bit rubbish compared to my old waning Karcher K3 so i just used the Karcher.

Some of the green was well stuck on. Will definately try and keep on top of it i think from now on.

1FLPhyD.png

Dog doesn't like water!

tf8zzW2.png

Don't realise how dirty they are till you get the money shot!

XFJ5No3.png

9ZiD0xg.png

Most of the mortar has come out on the patio area in the first pic. The owner suggested he'd recently re-done that but obviously did a crap job as everywhere else seems fine. Gives me another job for my list :(

Associate
Spent around 8hrs pressure washing. Am starting to regret buying a house with a big paved area! Had bought a Nilfisk pressure washer which was meant to come with a patio attachment but it was missing. Tried just the washer on its on but it was a bit rubbish compared to my old waning Karcher K3 so i just used the Karcher.

Some of the green was well stuck on. Will definately try and keep on top of it i think from now on.

1FLPhyD.png

Dog doesn't like water!

tf8zzW2.png

Don't realise how dirty they are till you get the money shot!

XFJ5No3.png

9ZiD0xg.png

Most of the mortar has come out on the patio area in the first pic. The owner suggested he'd recently re-done that but obviously did a crap job as everywhere else seems fine. Gives me another job for my list :(

Great work what a difference, some would say your crazy for doing it for 8 hrs but I have done this myself and found it quite theroputic ;)

Unfortunately it will need doing yearly unless you buy some driver sealer, I sealed mine last year to try it and it seems to have stopped the grime getting in : )

Back
Top Bottom