What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Quick question guys..

Have a look at this floor plan, at the moment you would have to walk through the front door, through the living room and hall and then into the kitchen as arrowed, what i'd like to know is would it be an expensive job to put a door into the wall with the small arrow labelled hall?

c5nQ2pW.jpg

Soldato
Removed the last of the what must be 30 year old carpet from the stairs and kanding, you wouldn't think how disgusting a job it is, new carpet on the stairs tomorrow and house renovation is pretty much finished, some touch ups to do and finishing touches and then I can concentrate full time on the garden

Soldato
Slowly getting lawn up - need to get my finger out now though

414036248.jpg

Did a few more lines yesterday

414137782.jpg

Grass is under the sheet - Get rid of a few bit's each week by putting them in dustbin to about 6" deep - not too heavy for dustmen.
When it's all done the grass will be loaded onto trailer and taken up the tip.

I am finding it a struggle physically so restrict it to one line a day.

Soldato
In need of some thin profile shelving in the hallway for hats, gloves, umbrellas etc so I've got some reclaimed teak that I've cut into two lengths and drilled some holes big enough for rope. The plan is to hang these from two hardwood cleats with some tips that the rigger at work has given me.

Tea Drinker
Don
So peeved.

Took my beautiful windows out whilst demolishing the old part if the house with the intention of reusing them. Seems moisture has got to them :mad:

6GIqYzz.jpg

Zfyt5Im.jpg

Spent most of the day stripping them, sanding and applying oxalic acid. Theyre stacked inside now so they should dry out.

I'll have another go next weekend

Soldato
Have spent the last three days stripping out my kitchen in preparation for electrical and plaster work. Stripped tiles from wall and cut away plasterboard to allow for easier access for electrician. New plasterboard going on afterwards for plasterer to do his magic. After plaster dries it'll be painting time and then the new kitchen is going in.

Soldato
Finally got around to starting tiling in flat renovation. I'm no pro and this is my second tiling project so the larger format tiles were a little daunting. All went on well so far, some apprentice cuts but hope to tidy that all up with trim. Going to silicone in ceiling to tile. Glad I spent the little extra on tile clips and wedges as it would have been nigh on impossible to remove lippage without them with this size tile. Despite some mixed reviews the cheapo tile cutting bits and suction cup roller bearing guide worked an absolute treat. Really happy with the cut outs for services, especially the toilet cistern feed as that was very close to the tile edge, was expecting cracks.

Now fingers crossed it doesn't all fall off :eek:

flat_reno_bathroom_tile_3.jpg

flat_reno_bathroom_tile_1.jpg

flat_reno_bathroom_tile_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom