Dirt Rally 2.0

Associate
dr2vr.png

Soldato
Sitting here for the last 3 hours trying to make sense of the appaling force feedback, changing XML values and faffing in the config files. GG codemasters

Associate
Yeh first impressions of ffb, not good. Going to require some tweaking.

Getting nothing from a harsh gravel road, feels like driving a luxury car on a brand new surface :confused:

Soldato
I wonder why they never seem to be able to make FFB work properly on a simulator of such calibre:/ Sometimes I'm glad I play on a pad, even though it's not "optimal". Feels better than DR1 on pad, TBH.

Soldato
What really ****** my off is the fact that these youtubers and testers seem to think this is ok. Like the standard FFB is absolutely fine, its not fine. Its a bloody joke

Soldato
Lots of people having trouble with RaceNet.

The fact you HAVE to be online to do the career mode but the servers cant handle it, therefore losing progress. Lots of issues with crap FFB............

What game were you playing DG ? This to me seems more and more like Dirt 4 tbh.

Caporegime
OP
What really ****** my off is the fact that these youtubers and testers seem to think this is ok. Like the standard FFB is absolutely fine, its not fine. Its a bloody joke

maybe take a second breathe. then realize you maybe have a issue.feedback will vary with how people have their wheels set. remember many people have different wheels. they are all different.

my feedback is fine. try to find people with same wheel as you then use their settings. if done right you should feel gravel and other things pretty well.

the game doesnt feel nothing like dirt 4. if its right.

Associate
So these Racenet servers are great...........NOT!!

Cannot connect, lost 2 hours of career. Pretty sure it'll be sorted but if your going to give 4 days early access then at least get the ship in order before you open the doors....

Also, slightly gutted to see this has been cracked already, pretty sure the pirates arent having the Racenet issue...

Soldato
Definitely a lot better than D4 and having fun with TimeTrial so far but RaceNet better be fixed till official release, otherwise there'll be lots of miffed people.

It's sluggish, can disconnect, and time upload works once in ten tries, if even. I'm not even starting career till it's fixed.

Soldato

Spent 4 hours this morning tweaking and trying all sorts of settings. FFB is weak to non existant. Having to change the XML parameters to get more suggest to me something isnt right. Im not the only one, countless reports of it.

By all means post your settings and let me compare and try them.

Caporegime
OP
launch day servers will be being worked on. i understand what you saying cobra but ffb for me is fine. its easy to make sweeping statements about things the best thing to do is just find people with the same wheel as you and see what settings they using. what wheel have you got for a start ? have you got the software for said wheel installed. how did you install it. what settings ingame have you changed ? so many parimetres to cover. for eg .

on logitech wheels if you just plug your wheel in and let windows install a driver first then do software that gives a totally different ffb to doing it the correct way. which is install software wait for prompt from software then plug in wheel when asked. so many do this wrong then blame games. thats just one eg. then take all the wheels and different parimetres then you can see how you need to be very specific on what you doing so people can guide you.

ask on the forums. many will help or post details.

Soldato
There are already threads on Codemasters forum asking for suggested settings to improve the FFB. No one has an answer.

As for me i have a T300, setup correctly with no problems in Dirt Rally, Project Cars 2 or Assetto Corsa.

So, would you be so kind and show me your in game settings ? At least that gives me a base to work from.

Caporegime
OP
my wheel isnt on the supported list but works fine.

cobra my ingame settings are default. works fine. i havent turned anything off or changed anything. some have t300 and other thrustmaster wheels on the forums.

maybe ask this guy for his settings

Last edited:
Soldato
Lol it looks terrible.

Like a casual sunday drive, surely he should be fighting the wheel a bit, living on the edge. I honestly reckon if he had his rotation set lower he could do it one handed while smoking a pipe.

Back
Top Bottom