Poll: Australian Grand Prix 2019, Melbourne - Race 1/21

Rate the 2019 Australian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
That's a 5 from me. I'd already seen the cars this year, and it was just a novelty to see them actually competing (briefly). I have a longstanding belief that Monaco should be removed from the calendar as it is a circuit that is incapable of providing a race. I don't think that we're quite there with Melbourne yet, and indeed it was improved from last year.

The gulf between the top three teams and the remainder of the field is terrible now. Haas might be closer than normal now, but the big three will pull further ahead race by race. The right rules, in 2021, can't come soon enough.

Caporegime
That's a 5 from me. I'd already seen the cars this year, and it was just a novelty to see them actually competing (briefly). I have a longstanding belief that Monaco should be removed from the calendar as it is a circuit that is incapable of providing a race. I don't think that we're quite there with Melbourne yet, and indeed it was improved from last year.

The gulf between the top three teams and the remainder of the field is terrible now. Haas might be closer than normal now, but the big three will pull further ahead race by race. The right rules, in 2021, can't come soon enough.

Monaco at least is exciting in qualifying, to get pole you have to rid the walls pretty much and it's actually a lot of skill making that lap inch perfect. Australia obviously has people make mistakes, so did Paul Ricard with all the run off in the world, but the track is easy, boring and pointless. I can't remember the last good race there while even Monaco has had, not good races but stuff happen. Ham being held up by Rosberg in the rain, being let past and chasing down Ricciardo who Rosberg had allowed a 10 second gap, then he kept Ricciardo behind while pushing the wets forever. STill not a great race but at least semi interesting. Conversely Monaco last year, guy loses probably 200bhp at least and still wins because of how bad the track is. Keep in mind that when you lose the 160bhp from the mgu-k you also lose a lot of efficiency so have to turn the engine down for fuel.

Monaco at least looks kinda interesting, has amongst the best qualifying ever and has the most interesting stuff going off around the track. As I said earlier though Australia is a joke as a season opener, it puts off people coming back hoping to see more overtaking and seeing a borefest. Bury it in the middle of the year. Most of the world has summer and sundays are a time for chilling outside or going to garden parties, etc. Put the worst races on during summer, where people are out, on holiday or maybe watching the world cup/wimbledon/olympics. Put the worst races at a time where people don't care too much about missing them. Season opener and closer shouldn't be Australia and Abu Dhabi, or Monaco.

Soldato
I never got to see the race and avoided hearing the result all week, and tonight I was about to watch it on channel 4 catch up, except there's no race to watch on their page! What's that all about? So now I've seen the result before seeing the race.

Soldato
No doubt from what I've read here about the race. But I'm concerned I won't be able to catch up on future races as I don't always get to see them when first aired. Channel 4 have always put quali and race highlights up, yet it's saying ''Sorry, no episodes available" for some reason.

Soldato
No doubt from what I've read here about the race. But I'm concerned I won't be able to catch up on future races as I don't always get to see them when first aired. Channel 4 have always put quali and race highlights up, yet it's saying ''Sorry, no episodes available" for some reason.

They were up, but mine kept getting stuck at first ad break. Just would sit there loading. So never actually got to see it myself either.

I'm guessing there was some issue they couldn't sort easily.

Back
Top Bottom