• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Associate
@vapor matt When you stripped your gpu did you have any issues removing the thermal pad Any tips i start mine on monday

Just a gentle wiggle side to side, be careful of fan cable to pcb as there are 2 connections, I have seen in videos people pulling white holder from pcb. Then clean GPU and hbm2 with alcohol and don’t be to liberal with thermal paste, and as kapp says don’t over tighten the water block, also make sure thermal pads are cut to size and on the water block in position, follow thermal pad layout from original cooler.

Associate
Be vary careful removing paste or waterblock tightening around the HBM chips as it is easy to damage them where they connect to the GPU.
Just a gentle wiggle side to side, be careful of fan cable to pcb as there are 2 connections, I have seen in videos people pulling white holder from pcb. Then clean GPU and hbm2 with alcohol and don’t be to liberal with thermal paste, and as kapp says don’t over tighten the water block, also make sure thermal pads are cut to size and on the water block in position, follow thermal pad layout from original cooler.
Thanks for the advice guys what we talking normal half turn on each screw going diagonally

Associate
Thanks for the reply, the tracker says its at the country of origins depot ready for departure, hoping its going to be here next week if yours was anything to go by, i have all the water cooling parts to go with it now , very exciting stuff

it should be fine for next week, as mine was, you might even get lucky and it will slip past customs

Associate
All my loop parts arrived today although I've realized I need a bracket adapter for the EK pump to mount it to the rad so had to order that for Friday delivery!

GPU Waterblock from EKWB has arrived in the UK today so should arrive tomorrow :D Should be all ready to go this weekend!

Soldato
The tracker says that for mine also :p
Awesome, good luck for us both on getting them soon !
Let me know how it goes I do mine on monday
And mine next weekend, this will be fun seeing all of us water cooling them and then comparing what we can get out of them, temps / clocks e.t.c

Will anyone be experimenting with the powerplay mods ? to try and get 1400 hbm and 2400 core :p

Back
Top Bottom