Picked up my new car this weekend........955hp V10 Audi RS6! (HP figure updated 08/10/22)

Associate
As a temp solution it 'might' be OK for some cars but at least 2 folks with my engine have had issues running NF booster causing plug tips to fail (looked eaten away) so I'd prefer not to even risk it after just getting my engine rebuilt :D

Strange. In my case, and for many people I know running highly modified engines, we run NF in every tank without issues My spark plugs are NGK R7437-9 Iridium. Different engine completely of course but runs 140ps per cylinder at 2.4bar so they do take a beating.

Soldato
OP
It should be perfectly fine to run NF, like you said lots of folks do, so with 2 identical issues in a very small community it's worrying. The community generally has stopped using it and we've not seen a similar reoccurance posted. Of course it could all just be coincidence TBH.

Soldato
OP
Well my fun only lasted a day or two - Just like the ASDA charity day I've had a rear brake shield break it's mounting points and rest on the disc, causing and almighty racket which I'll need to get sorted tomorrow!

Popped the wheel of and removed the heatshield, its 3 bolt holes had corroded and been eaten away under the bolt heads leading to the shield coming loose.

Soldato
OP
On the NC500 route at Applecross going clockwise to Ullapool at the moment, great weather, stunning views around every corner, god-awful roads and suicidal motorhome drivers - ah well, can't have everything!!!!!

NsOKxge.jpg

Man of Honour
and suicidal motorhome drivers

Hah I remember years back on holiday one of the roads nearer Fort William the number of suicidal motorhome drivers...

Some really nice driving roads around those parts if you get the weather.

Soldato
OP
The roads around Applecross are all single track with passing points and virtually no visability of oncoming vehicles, not ideal RS6 territory but the views are just stunning, until the 50mph mobile home of death pops up 25m from you on a blind bend and then it's "your" fault for them being dangerous driving bloody morons.

The A-Road to Ullapool has less views but is much more suited to my car :D

Soldato
I went last weekend and the weather was great. The roads were fine for me, I was quite surprised how quiet it was and the roads were much better than they are around here. I expect your car will be riding a lot harder than mine though!

Strangely didnt see many camper vans at all, odd! I went anti-clockwise

I dont know about you, but I loved the little town Bettyhill up on the very north coast road, seemed like a cracking wee place

I also see other "drives" appearing like the SWC300 jumping on the bandwagon, but its a great excuse for a weekend away

Soldato
OP
I dont know about you, but I loved the little town Bettyhill up on the very north coast road, seemed like a cracking wee place

My favourite bit was from Applecross up to Ullapool. Applescross itself wasn't as amazing as there's only one real "view" looking back down the mountain, but the coastal road north and east from Applescross was stunning with better and better views after each corner. I liked Bettyhill but only stopped a short while as I was getting to my B&B at Strathy before..........................see post below :(

Soldato
OP
Yeah.........................about Scotland :(

YlJldiO.jpg

Looks like I popped the gearbox input driveshaft as the drive from engine to gearbox is now physically disconnected even though both work fine separately (engine works fine, GB works fine without any noises etc, there's just no drive now). I was overtaking a van on a nice bit of A-Road from 40mph with full throttle inc kick down and got 1-2 secs of acceleration in 2nd, then a loud clunk, then no drive at all, like I'd put the clutch in on manual GB. It's happened to another 900+ car with the same GB so it's a known weakspot but there's now companies who make uprated shafts who weren't available 3 years ago when I had the box built so I'll be going down that route.

I dropped it off with Grizz @ Unit20 this morning after 23hrs getting the AA to recover me from Northern Scotland!

Soldato
ohh nightmare. Me and the GF were having a chat while we were doing it about how long it might take the AA to get us :(

Hopefully you get it resolved and back on the road soon

Soldato
OP
Well one last piccy taken the night before just next to Fort George in Inverness. The cars now back at the garage, I'm away til November but I've left a whole list of work to be carried out ready for my return.

REQjQPq.jpg

Soldato
OP
If I was after "reliability" I'd have left it at 730hp but that's not me. I want to push, to exceed and that always comes at a cost. Luckily I'm in a position where that cost isn't a deal breaker vs the enjoyment I get for it.

However once that changes I'll sell up and have some fantastic memories to go with the broken bank account :D

Soldato
Soldato
Oh come off it, this poor car is off the road more than it's on it. Would it really be appreciably slower on the road with 700bhp instead?
It would probably not be "appreciably slower on the road" if it was a 250bhp 3.0tdi. But that's missing the point isn't it

Back
Top Bottom