Picked up my new car this weekend........955hp V10 Audi RS6! (HP figure updated 08/10/22)

OcUK Staff
To be honest, upto around 120-ish it'd probably feel surprisingly similar but at the speeds where the 600hp cars start to hit aero resistance the 900hp ones just seem to push that aside and feels like it keeps accelerating past 200mph like a mondeo does to 110mph.

One surprising thing is that, as an ex Skyline owner myself, the RS is so well insulated in comparison that it has almost none of the Theatre, with no real cabin noise of induction kits or dump valves etc which can make it feel a bit soulless at times, regardless of the utterly ludicrous speeds it can reach.

This, raced my mates Mustang a few times, standing race I always win to 100mph or a quarter mile run.
But rolling race as soon as I am into 4th and into triple digits he just drives away from me at an ever increasing rate of knots, he has 200HP plus at the crank on me, of course he has even more at wheels been RWD and a manual.

Would love to see you and him do a rolling race, would certainly be close for sure as you've probably got 100HP on him, but at the wheels probably not miles apart and he is lighter too, be an interesting race. You doing a Vmax200 event in the future at all?

Soldato
OP
It's unlikely with me only being back in the UK for a few weeks every 6 months or so but I'll be trying to get another 200mph Autobahn run in before I sell up and I'll use my VBox type setup to record the times/speeds for a comparison.

OcUK Staff
It's unlikely with me only being back in the UK for a few weeks every 6 months or so but I'll be trying to get another 200mph Autobahn run in before I sell up and I'll use my VBox type setup to record the times/speeds for a comparison.

Sounds good, no times for his mile run as the car had a 173mph limiter, gone now, but if I remember right by 1/2 mile he was seeing 168mph and that was in damp conditions so he was not full power until 3rd/4th.

Soldato
OP
So back from MRC with a full bill of health and just over 870hp which wasn't helped by the KWE I/C's poor thermal abilities on a Dyno. We made an extra 30ps (25hp) from the first run just by letting the car cooldown so that the ambient temps were 20'c rather than 50'c when it arrived which just shows how poor they are in static air.

Doug@MRC is really trying to convince me to get the Marston I/C's for their much better flow (my KWE's are slightly laggier in comparison too) and better thermals etc yet I'm still struggling with the £3200+ price however Doug mentioned that Christer (RS246 Member), who has an almost identical spec to mine but with Marstons, made over 70hp more than my current figure, had more torque, less lag, more revs (7k vs 6.5k) and better intake temps all from them. I'm next back in the UK around January so I may eventually bite the built and get a set (through gritted teeth admittedly).

audi155.jpg

Soldato
OP
@skaif - Nothing in Jan as I was in New York for a while but the suspension refresh is planned (eventually) for April when I'm back next.

@Acme - TTE how do a 1200hp+ version that fits, I know of one guy doing it so far but TBH I'll be selling mine in the future rather than doing anymore power modding.

Soldato
OP
Well back in the UK for 3 weeks and I hate to sit around bored so I'm off to Scotland to give a modified NC500 route a 3 day blast next week, rather than having the car sat in garage doing suspension - I swear I'm getting it done at "some point" :D

As there's no V-power/Tesco 99 etc further north than Tain I'm going to base myself in Inverness and concentrate on the West side of the route such as Ullapool, Applecross and upto Kylesku Bridge etc rather than the East side heading on the A9 upto Wick. I'll aim for a bit of Fort William and Lock Ness too although, having lived 1hr away from Inverness for 2 years, spotting the monster isn't high on my priorities!

Car maintenance wise I've got the following niggles to sort -
  • The cheap eBay CF aftermarket "gearshift paddle extenders" I use are now coming loose after 3+ years so I've already got a replacement set of silver paddles which match the silver OEM paddles better. The OEM ones are a bit small and I prefer the slightly larger paddles as they fit my hand perfectly when I'm blitzing through the gears.
  • Rear Bootlid water leak - Find where it's getting in and stop it. I've had to take both rear boot-lights out to give the water a place to drain (got about 250ml out!).
  • Water/Meth "windscreen wash" bottle - low level sensor constantly says low level and needs replacing, however it's part of the bottle so the whole thing needs replacing and, as mine is a water/meth container with additional hoses added, it's not a simple task. I may pass that on with the suspension refresh.
  • New Tyres - No-one in the UK can get Michelin PS4S tyres in 275/35-R20 102Y XL - they say they can then Michelin tell them Nope when they try and order any. My MPSS have another year in them but I have a slow leak on the rear offside (5psi over 2 months) and the batteries in the TPMS sensors will need changing soon too (originals are 10 years old).
Well that'll do it for a while, I'm looking at getting the suspension, MOT, service, paint correction etc all done in June/July so that when I get back next everything is finished.

PS - Cars still fast as balls!

Soldato
I'm going to base myself in Inverness and concentrate on the West side of the route such as Ullapool

Inverness is on the east side of Scotland. And really, at this time of year, the east side is the drier and sunnier side. BTW the Aberdeen bypass is a nice and new dual carriageway just begging for runs.

Soldato
Well back in the UK for 3 weeks and I hate to sit around bored so I'm off to Scotland to give a modified NC500 route a 3 day blast next week, rather than having the car sat in garage doing suspension - I swear I'm getting it done at "some point" :D

As there's no V-power/Tesco 99 etc further north than Tain I'm going to base myself in Inverness and concentrate on the West side of the route such as Ullapool, Applecross and upto Kylesku Bridge etc rather than the East side heading on the A9 upto Wick. I'll aim for a bit of Fort William and Lock Ness too although, having lived 1hr away from Inverness for 2 years, spotting the monster isn't high on my priorities!

Car maintenance wise I've got the following niggles to sort -
  • The cheap eBay CF aftermarket "gearshift paddle extenders" I use are now coming loose after 3+ years so I've already got a replacement set of silver paddles which match the silver OEM paddles better. The OEM ones are a bit small and I prefer the slightly larger paddles as they fit my hand perfectly when I'm blitzing through the gears.
  • Rear Bootlid water leak - Find where it's getting in and stop it. I've had to take both rear boot-lights out to give the water a place to drain (got about 250ml out!).
  • Water/Meth "windscreen wash" bottle - low level sensor constantly says low level and needs replacing, however it's part of the bottle so the whole thing needs replacing and, as mine is a water/meth container with additional hoses added, it's not a simple task. I may pass that on with the suspension refresh.
  • New Tyres - No-one in the UK can get Michelin PS4S tyres in 275/35-R20 102Y XL - they say they can then Michelin tell them Nope when they try and order any. My MPSS have another year in them but I have a slow leak on the rear offside (5psi over 2 months) and the batteries in the TPMS sensors will need changing soon too (originals are 10 years old).
Well that'll do it for a while, I'm looking at getting the suspension, MOT, service, paint correction etc all done in June/July so that when I get back next everything is finished.

PS - Cars still fast as balls!
I don't know what's going on with Michelin at th3 moment as there's a thread on m3 cutters about someone struggling to get any for the m3 which are different sizes to yours so it's not as though it's just one size.

Soldato
OP
Well my fun only lasted a day or two - Just like the ASDA charity day I've had a rear brake shield break it's mounting points and rest on the disc, causing and almighty racket which I'll need to get sorted tomorrow!

Can't it run at slightly reduced power on normal old super 97? :p

:eek:

Every time I could not find 99 octane fuel I used 97 and a good octane booster such as https://rogerclarkmotorsport.co.uk/store/product/571-nf-nitrous-formula-octane-booster-300ml-6-pack.

It can easily give 3 Ron.

As a temp solution it 'might' be OK for some cars but at least 2 folks with my engine have had issues running NF booster causing plug tips to fail (looked eaten away) so I'd prefer not to even risk it after just getting my engine rebuilt :D

They "say" they're in stock (as have a few) but when you order a few days later you get refunded and "sorry, can't get any" e-mail - had black circles & F1 Autocentre do that to me.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
They "say" they're in stock (as have a few) but when you order a few days later you get refunded and "sorry, can't get any" e-mail - had black circles & F1 Autocentre do that to me.
Have you tried with Delticom? They're based in Germany and might have the stock

Back
Top Bottom