Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Guys how do you wash your microfiber clothes. Hand wash or machine? Also would you wash each one after single use?
Washing machine with uncented detergent with no added bleach or anything like that. Do it after every time they're used. Mitt, cloths and towels get washed every time. I don't usually wash the things used on the wheels with the other things though.

Soldato
Any MF used for wax I soak in a sink with washing up liquid. Then in the wash with Costco cheap detergent.

Don't use fabric softener, it seems to stop fluffy MF from soaking up water like it did before

FTM

FTM

Soldato
yeah a non bio with no softener is what is usually recomended

a number of suppliers of car cleaning liquids also offer up their own microfibre cleaning stuff as well now..but I suspect its just a non bio detergent

Soldato
yeah a non bio with no softener is what is usually recomended
why non-bio ? you want to shift any oil/petrolium based stuff , have always used bio on eg. autoglymresinpolish cloths.

different tack - I've always bucket/hand-washed foam mop pads ... don't know what a machine would do to them

Man of Honour
Forgot how fun snow foaming a car is and how much easier it is then to wash. Have some autoglym shampoo to use, it worked well in the lance :p. Used it neat - foam everywhere :D

Going to buy some polar seal next - that stuff looks fab. Will get another lance for it.

Nilfisk C110 on offer for 59.99 at Amazon at the moment.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MTZWJWA

Mine is still going strong years later. Survived the winter in the shed too.

Man of Honour
I take it the Nilfisk Snow foam is crap?

I don’t think I ever tried it. I only ever use the autoglym snow foam and it works well. Don’t expect snow foam to work wonders. It removes some grime, but you still need to hand wash. It reduces the abrasive materials left on the paint at least.

I like autoglyms three step pressure wash approach. Just need to try the polar seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom