Warning: Spoilers ahead ***Avengers: Endgame - Official Thread!***

Soldato
With the Infinity War, when Thanos sacrificed Gamora, it broke the spell that was holding Red Skull on Vormir, I'm going to assume that the same spell was broken this time Red Skull was free'd again with Black Widow taking his place, so could we see indeed see Black Widow again in the future

Soldato
Where did you figure it broke the spell?

Red Skull was there to protect the stone, with the stone gone he no longer had a purpose so either died, got dusted or he was freed. The Russo brothers were also on record stating that when Thanos claimed the Soul Stone, Red Skull was freed from the curse and permitted to leave Vormir.

Permabanned
Thought it was OK. The beginning of the first act was terrific and the last half hour is excellent but that second act... boy oh boy is it a convoluted drag. It really is no Infinity War in terms of plot structure and general pacing and I'm not even sure that it's better then the first one, but overall I'd say it's one of the stronger Marvel flicks.

One of the reasons I didn't enjoy the second act was because it felt way too fan servicey, almost as though the plot device of janky time travel was written in just to get a few knowing laughs from the audience. I'm not trying to say that Marvel hasn't earned what they've got and it wrapped a few things up really nicely character wise. They should be ******* proud of themselves for what they've achieved. But whilst I smiled the first few times, it started to get a little tired as it went on.

Really not a fan of the whole time travel thing anyway and I spotted several glaring paradoxes straight away. That stuff either bothers your or it doesn't, but I felt most where way too glaring to be overlooked personally.

Loved that it ended with Cap dancing with Peggy. Hit me right in the feels and couldn't imagine a more fitting final image (despite that this is one of the most glaringly obvious paradox's).

Caporegime
Funny when you think about it, for all Thanos went through over the years to get the stones, in the end he just lived in a shack with a little garden outside it.

Soldato
With the Infinity War, when Thanos sacrificed Gamora, it broke the spell that was holding Red Skull on Vormir, I'm going to assume that the same spell was broken this time Red Skull was free'd again with Black Widow taking his place, so could we see indeed see Black Widow again in the future

Black widow is out of the MCU, however for me the soul stone is an issue, In Infinity War red skull openly says that he can not get the sole stone obviously due to the sacrifice required now here is the issue cap had to return it obviously he can't give it to red skull so how does one go about returning the stone if to acquire it requires a sacrifice..

Soldato
...watched it today and thought it was bang average. Will hold off for spoiler free discussion but that was a while load of fan service and very little substance.

Caporegime
Black widow is out of the MCU, however for me the soul stone is an issue, In Infinity War red skull openly says that he can not get the sole stone obviously due to the sacrifice required now here is the issue cap had to return it obviously he can't give it to red skull so how does one go about returning the stone if to acquire it requires a sacrifice..

they mention a rule to get it require a sacrifice but they never said returning it does. All he could need could be just throw it over the edge.

Soldato
I just got back from seeing it and agree with some here that the first and final acts were great, but that middle act with the time travel really dragged in my opinion. I had really been looking forward to seeing how they explained Dr. Strange giving up the time stone without much resistance, then was pretty disappointed with the resolution. It just left me thinking 'that's it?'.

I was also a bit disappointed in Captain Marvel, they built her up in her own film as being probably the single most powerful character, so I was looking forward to seeing her take on Thanos and also just generally interact with the other characters, but then she barely features in the film at all. Also, that bit where all the main female characters team up to try to get the gauntlet to the van was really cringey and a bit patronising for women imo.

All-in-all it was still a satisfying conclusion to phase 3, particularly with the way it ended for Iron Man and Captain America, but I thought there were parts of the film that were a bit of a letdown. Certainly not the best Marvel film, but not the worst either.

Soldato
Dr. Strange giving up the time stone without much resistance, then was pretty disappointed with the resolution.

I think it was explained perfectly fine why he gave it away, to keep Tony alive for the time GPS devices and so he could snap Thanos not to mention his giving it away was the only reason the Ancient One handed over the stone when they went back

Soldato

they mention a rule to get it require a sacrifice but they never said returning it does. All he could need could be just throw it over the edge.

not only that but Cap needed to return the stones at the exact moment they were taken meaning he will have seen BWs death and would have been powerless to stop it :/.

Mainly, he will have been there to hand back over to RS (and ask how to return it) potentially preventing the spell from breaking, although it's irrelevant since Thanos wouldn't need to acquire it in the future and RS leaving his post may prevent anyone else ever finding it, assuming bar the handful who know about it.

Presume DrS would now have the time stone back as it would never had been given to Thanos.

The whole timey wimey thing of past T & his forces dieing is a big timeline split though.

This potentially means the snap never happened for everyone else so the issue of the 5 year gap and people moving on is a moot point.

Also, time travel capability via time stone or quantum realm is really a pita as it's continually possible and manageable in this instance, unlike say the 09' wormhole Star Trek timeline reboot.

Soldato
I found the scene where Hulk and Cap went to Asgard to get Thor was hilarious, Miek playing Fortnite and getting Thor to talk thrash to other players :D

Soldato
Banner explains that changes they make in the past will not affect their own time line, everything that happened before still happens regardless of what they do in the past. All they do with changes in the past is create splits in the time lines and new branches. Their own is never affected. It's again reinforced when banner has the conversation with the ancient one.

It's basically an easy way around the whole time paradox which plagues most movies.

All captain America does when he returns the stones is stop huge deviations in the other time lines that would come about by not having the stones. Again, the ancient one having no defence against the likes of Dormamu

Back
Top Bottom