Modern gaming terms that annoy you and make no sense

Caporegime
Ez.
Usually spouted by the **** at the bottom of the board with a 5-20 score.

you don't understand the point of this?

it's to bait the other team and make them salty throwing them off their game.

last time i played on faceit we had 2 swedish kids baiting everyone on their own team. one of them bit and they just harassed him for the full game causing him to rage quit like 4-5 times before finally rage quitting for good.

it worked. they didn't care if they lost or were going to lose badly all they cared about was trolling this guy and tbh it was hilarious how salty he got. it made me join in.

Associate
When people in a fps say GG for good game, at the end of a round which one side won by an absolute landslide, which is the exact opposite of a good game imo, a good win yes but not a good game.

I compare it to a football match, a 5-4 win is a good game imo, a 5-0 win is a good win but pretty dull in terms of its rating as a game.
I always thought of it as more being sporting and meant to convey 'thanks for the game' than an actual comment on how good or bad the actual game was.

Caporegime
I always thought of it as more being sporting and meant to convey 'thanks for the game' than an actual comment on how good or bad the actual game was.

i say gg to wind up the other team if we win the first round of a first to 16 match compromising of 30 rounds. i will then progress this to 16-0? if we go 4-0 up. then say easy gg with every win and use weapons which make them even saltier like the auto sniper. the auto sniper isn't worth using as a weapon but the amount of salt it causes which puts the other team off is completely worth it. even better if you end up killing a lot of them with it.

Man of Honour
twitch - WTF?
Discord?
Noob

Everything kids say nowadays, like: 'Mort!' (apparently it means 'mortified', too lazy to even finish the word...)

Lol....Mort annoys me just as much as when people say Fam. The other thing which irritates me , and this isnt a gaming thing, is when my kids say 100%. So annoying.

Soldato
Not so much a term as a statement, but the blurb Ubisoft put at the start of their games annoys me tremendously. "This game was created by a team from different religious, sexual and ethnic backgrounds...." Blah blah blah. So?

Associate
"Super" sick of hearing this in dev blurb/hype these days, on stream "I'm super excited to be here", "I'm super happy to be working on this project", etc etc, idk why but it just triggers me, (maybe me saying triggers will trigger someone else :D).

Soldato
Here's one that hasn't been covered...

Using "RNG" (i.e. Random Number Generator) as a noun or to describe any vaguely randomised element of a game... hear it a lot in speedruns... "oh that's just bad RNG" "this boss is very RNG"... I don't know why but it annoys me!

As for gg in my mind (and from it's roots in Starcraft) it's what the loser says at the end of the game when they are admitting they lost fair and square, like standing up at the end of a chess match to shake your opponents hand... compared to the modern day usage of being the victor and jumping up on top of the chess board to point in the loser's face and berate them

Associate
Here's one that hasn't been covered...

Using "RNG" (i.e. Random Number Generator) as a noun or to describe any vaguely randomised element of a game... hear it a lot in speedruns... "oh that's just bad RNG" "this boss is very RNG"... I don't know why but it annoys me!

As for gg in my mind (and from it's roots in Starcraft) it's what the loser says at the end of the game when they are admitting they lost fair and square, like standing up at the end of a chess match to shake your opponents hand... compared to the modern day usage of being the victor and jumping up on top of the chess board to point in the loser's face and berate them

That RNG in Starcraft 2 with SCVs building structures though! I've got him, oh no wait hes popped out the other side of the building, oh no wait hes back on the other side now, AAAAAARRRRHHHHH

Man of Honour
Not so much a term as a statement, but the blurb Ubisoft put at the start of their games annoys me tremendously. "This game was created by a team from different religious, sexual and ethnic backgrounds...." Blah blah blah. So?

They probably do that now so that nobody tries to sue them for being racist or sexist or homophobic or something like that in the storylines.

Soldato
Just modern gaming in general.

I'm old, at 32, bitter with how gaming has turned out.

Still, I tolerate it with a twitch in one eye, hate in the other and nostalgic memories of what once was with a shred of hope hanging on.

Soon time to go AFK and face reality.

Soldato
last time i played on faceit we had 2 swedish kids baiting everyone on their own team.
they didn't care if they lost or were going to lose badly all they cared about was trolling this guy and tbh it was hilarious how salty he got. it made me join in.
you joined in with 2 kids to bait one of your own team? you (and the other 2 scrotes) are the disease that needs eradicating from online gaming.

Back
Top Bottom