UEFA Champions League/Europa League 7/8/9 May *** Spoilers ***

Man of Honour
Now we just need Chelsea and Arsenal to head to their final.

Lol, imagine that, I bet Uefa would be furious if the two european finals were Liverpool v Spurs and Arsenal v Chelsea

Soldato
Has to be the greatest comeback I've seen.

Liverpool were the better team and you kind of expected it after the early goal

Had no expectations for Spurs after that first half and also all the chances Ajax had. Gutted for them.

Liverpool had better win now as they have just lost the greatest comeback trophy !

Man of Honour
Crazy that 2 years ago there was talk about them taking our 4th spot in the CL away as we were so dire. Now here we are, dominating the two major European competitions

As much as I hate Liverpool, between them and Tottenham they are doing us proud given how dire we all were a few years ago

Caporegime
What extra space? They create an extra space if a side wins the CL and misses out on 4th (by making addidional qualifying games for those down the pecking order), there isn't a 5th spot already assigned.
It’s a tad confusing to me..

Let’s say Spurs win the champions league. They’ve already qualified through the league as have Liverpool, so what happens to the champions league winners spot?

Soldato
Who would have guessed a Liverpool (maybe) v Spurs (wtf) CL final at the start of the season, wow.

Good for English football though, Spain have dominated it for too long.

Not sure It really makes any difference as a one off year - now IF (and that's a gigantic if) multiple English teams get to the semi's and finals in the next few years, added to last year, that might lead to something.

Can the EPL get much bigger (from a marketing pov more than anything)

Caporegime

Let’s say Spurs win the champions league. They’ve already qualified through the league as have Liverpool, so what happens to the champions league winners spot?

Yeah I thought Liverpool/Spurs would qualify as holders and so the league qualification is passed to another team. Guess not.

Soldato
Nonsense, the way Ajax play would have favoured Liverpool, Spurs is the tougher game.

Ajax are more likely to score against Liverpool too (and from multiple sources)

Yeah I thought Liverpool/Spurs would qualify as holders and so the league qualification is passed to another team. Guess not.

I heard from another community that "double entry" has been taken out of the rules recently so that "slot" doesn't get given to the same league like in years gone by

Soldato

4 spots for Premier League regardless.

If the CL winner doesn't finish top 4, then the winners of the Austrian league have to play qualifiers instead of going straight to group stage to allow creation of a fifth spot for the PL.

Back
Top Bottom