Danny Baker sacked

Caporegime
If tomorrow Google/Facebook etc delved into everyone's message history private or otherwise and anyone who has ever said anything that can be remotely construed as offensive is to be fired, everyone in the country would be joining the dole queue tomorrow. There needs to be protections because eventually 99% of the world will probably be owned by half a dozen mega corporations (my guess would be the internet giants who are making their money out of actually farming personal data on everyone so they're killing 2 birds with one stone really) and they'll be able to deprive people of all employment for basically any reason they want, it's okay though because they're private companies am I right? hell even this forum is saving drafts constantly now. How long before Google buys it out?

It might be seen by some as conspiracy theory now but at the rate we're going it won't be long, I mean half of the stuff that was conspiracy theory 5-15 years ago is pretty much normalised and accepted now, even defended. If you'd have said 30 years ago that everyone would be carrying around tracking devices with cameras and microphones that authorities have back door access to, people would have laughed but 99% of people today can't manage without them. hah I still vividly remember back in 2000 a thread on this forum laughing at China and their internet censorship and we're all living it now, people can't get enough of it. Think of the children! You need to give up this freedom and that freedom for just a little more safety. Are we any safer now than back in 2000?

Last edited:
Soldato
Have to admit, never knew Megan was mixed race until this came up. To be fair, I don't follow the royals, and never looked closely at photos of her etc, maybe I'd have noticed then.

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Now he is being interviewed by the Police over this, welcome to 1984 sheeple.

While I agree it was a stupid thing for him to have done, this is in no way at all a Police matter!

Caporegime

While I agree it was a stupid thing for him to have done, this is in no way at all a Police matter!

They must by law investigate if a complaint is made, this isn’t new.

You can blame the right wing parties for this.

Associate
17629.jpg

Man of Honour

It has to be done and will consist of - he posted something, he deleted it when confronted, lost his job, the end.
They may contact him to say don't do it again.

Soldato
It has to be done and will consist of - he posted something, he deleted it when confronted, lost his job, the end.
They may contact him to say don't do it again.

Yes now all the other crime is solved and there is zero percent crime happening they have can have the time to have a chat with him... oh wait :rolleyes:

Associate
They will put one cop on it for 30 minutes, don't sweat.
How would you feel if you made a complaint about something and nothing happened?

Unfortunately that's not the issue. If somebody was to call police and say that they'd seen something on the internet which they looked for and it offended them, say for arguements sake a pro-flat earth Twitter post which insulted a scientist, it would be filed and left unanswered.

Tag a hate crime factor on to that same scenario and it attracts a response.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom