Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
It is all a little strange really, seems to be nothing more than a money laundering scheme for god knows who. I would fully expect Haas to distance themselves quite soon, this stupid copying of someone else's logo has brought a lot of attention and the judge in the case was absolutely scathing of Storey, expect more to follow I imagine.
Indeed. You can add Peter Windsor to the list of people on the Rich Energy payroll. His 'interview' video with Storey was shockingly bad. I barely rated Windsor's journalistic integrity beforehand, and it went through the floor afterwards. It's a shame Scarbs is also hitched to Windsor's wagon, but I refuse to watch either of them now.

I'd be interested to see Haas' finances for this year to see how much RE have actually paid them so far, and how much they're on the hook for. If I was Steiner I'd be making sure that the contract states they get paid first by the liquidators when the legal action starts and RE gets dissected by lawyers.

Soldato
Also, reading the news on the logo court case I found this little nugget:

“For example, when Mr Wyand in cross-examination tried to understand his evidence about the sales figures of Rich Energy drinks, and put to him that he had been quoted in the press in February 2019 as saying that the First Defendant had produced 90 million cans, Mr Storey explained that it had produced 90 million cans, but had not yet filled and sold them.”

If Rich Energy sold 3-million cans as Storey claimed, at €2.00 per can, that’s €6-million income for the start-up but in reality a pittance in a sport which gobbles up money like a vacuum cleaner on steroids.

Flavio may have been just as dirty, but at least he had some charisma about him. Storey's a delusional, bearded weirdo who's obviously a puppet for someone.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Really? Seemed a decent enough track, and the altitude made a difference to performance/downforce?

The Mexican government wants to take the 400 million pesos (around $20m) that they'd pay to Liberty every year for the race to go towards building a railway line instead. Can't say that I blame them, but the race weekend was supposed to be a net gain for the economy (tourism etc.) so maybe they have gone the wrong way.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Alonso is making a bit of a meal out of Indy 500 qualifying. The car handling looks a bit...well, if I was a charitable man I'd call it 'challenging' but I'm not so I shall call it 'evil'. Looks like he's going to have to take part in the final row shootout tomorrow to get onto the grid, when the six cars not qualified in the top 30 go one last time to qualify for the last three spots.

He needs to win this one to get the Triple Crown of Motorsport under either of the definitions usually given for it (Indy 500, 24 Hours of Le Mans, Monaco GP or Indy, Le Mans and F1 championship). At the rate he's going this weekend, Graham Hill's record is going to stand alone for at least another year...

Caporegime
Alonso is making a bit of a meal out of Indy 500 qualifying. The car handling looks a bit...well, if I was a charitable man I'd call it 'challenging' but I'm not so I shall call it 'evil'. Looks like he's going to have to take part in the final row shootout tomorrow to get onto the grid, when the six cars not qualified in the top 30 go one last time to qualify for the last three spots.

He needs to win this one to get the Triple Crown of Motorsport under either of the definitions usually given for it (Indy 500, 24 Hours of Le Mans, Monaco GP or Indy, Le Mans and F1 championship). At the rate he's going this weekend, Graham Hill's record is going to stand alone for at least another year...
Not sure they’ve gone about it the right way. They partnered with Andretti racing last year and they know all about setting up an Indycar. Now that they’ve gone it alone they’re basically learning it all and with one car and curtailed running due to his crash and electrical issues they’re really struggling. He may not even qualify.

Soldato
When they mentioned the return of the Mini's, I thought it was going to be the BMW type - Nope the real deal. Awesome racing. :)

Always enjoy the Ginetta Juniors.

I was the same! When they said minis next, I thought, aye probably the crap ones, then it said classic sevens and miglias, and I was like 0_0

Soldato
Not sure they’ve gone about it the right way. They partnered with Andretti racing last year and they know all about setting up an Indycar. Now that they’ve gone it alone they’re basically learning it all and with one car and curtailed running due to his crash and electrical issues they’re really struggling. He may not even qualify.
This year they're partnered with Carlin, but yeah none of their drivers seem to be doing well.

Back
Top Bottom