*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Associate
Hard crashes or just crash to desktop?
First thing I'd try is disabling origin overlay in game, also don't run afterburner (or similar) in the background if you are. Both of these have caused problems with frostbyte engine games in the past. For in game settings, I'd avoid DX12.
Just crash to desktop. I've tried to run both DX11 and DX12. Same fate.
Will try the other suggestions. Thanks.

Associate
1 Thing I have found is BFV is very good at finding unstable overclocks on ram or gpu

I see your running 3200mhz on a ryzen 1600x. Try playing with ram at spd speeds and report back
Even if the ram is automatically being set at 3200?
The GPU, when I cap the fps, doesn't push past the point to kick in the boost, so I was guessing wasn't the GPU the culprit. Searching I've seen others mentioning possible crashes when the GPU auto boosts.
Will try and report back. Thanks

Associate
Verify/repair the installation and reinstall display drivers. It's usually either of these two that used to solve my BF crashing issues.
Done, but still crashes.
In the past, when a game crashed, blue screen or reset the PC, I would guess it was an unstable overclock or temperature. The worst case was a faulty PSU, but as I'm running other games without any issues at all, my first idea was the game itself. Quite annoyed as the checkpoints are quite far apart and doing the same part 3 or 4 times isn't that much fun.

Soldato
This game hasn't lived up to expectations unfortunately.

It's not bad, it's fun at times but I am gonna score it 7/10.

Where are the new maps? (so far we've had like 1) New guns? (2 new so far. The rest locked behind achievement grind) I don't have time to grind the new guns. I have a job and more important things to do with my time. I want to jump on for 30-60 mins here and there and have access to stuff.

Performance is garbage. It's stuttery and jerky and not smooth at all. This has been on going since the days of BF1.

Soldato
Tried to play the campaign solo. Anyone else having random crashes?
Tried to limit maximum fps, tried to leave uncapped, tried lower settings. All the same, random crashes.
The GPU isn't overheating, not even close to it.
Ryzen 1600x
Xfx rtx2080
Team group 8 pack 16gb 3200
Samsung Polaris 970 Evo M.2
The case is well ventilated, the temperatures before, during and after crash are similar to the ones during other games.
Any ideas?
Quite annoyed.

As a test, put your ram at stock speeds and play for a few hours. If all is stable then you've found your cause.

Alternatively do it the other way round. Leave DOCP on, but take the frequency down a notch and till it stops crashing.

Even with a 2700x and Samsung B-Die I am running mine at 3133MHz as 3200MHz is not stable.

Caporegime
That new map actually looks quite a bit like Narvik with the snow removed, changes done obviously but after watching the trailer again it is a bit reminiscent.

Associate
As a test, put your ram at stock speeds and play for a few hours. If all is stable then you've found your cause.

Alternatively do it the other way round. Leave DOCP on, but take the frequency down a notch and till it stops crashing.

Even with a 2700x and Samsung B-Die I am running mine at 3133MHz as 3200MHz is not stable.
Appreciate the tips. Worked at lower speed.
I wasn't sure to begin with because I would expect a BSOD if the overclock was the problem, but as just the game was crashing, returning to Windows, I was assuming it was another game where customers works as beta-testers.
Thank you.

Associate
its poo, you get about 8% per shot(dmage to tank). very slow loading. but its a 1 hit kill you infantery. its just a 50cal
Yup, that vehicle kill in the trailer is the only time you will ever see one. Going to be interesting to see what they do to nerf it for the rage its generating when used against infantry. Make it more like the AT gun from BF1 possibly (maybe should have been just a pick up).

Back
Top Bottom