Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
seriously you cant rank breaking bad as number 2 it aint in top 5. its not even on the level of production or anything game of thrones and i wouldnt even put that top of what ive watched. the wire is better than breaking bad for eg. imdb is a joke tbh.

I've just started watching The Wire, only about 3 episodes in. Can't say it's hooked me like Breaking Bad did at the start. But then it came out in 2002, in the era of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, X-Files, and various Star Treks wrapping up, so may have seemed impressive back then. As for being 'not the level of production', well S1 GoT wasn't the level of production S8 GoT was, but I know which I prefer.

Regarding Breaking Bad not making the top 5, gtfo is all I can say.

Associate
seriously you cant rank breaking bad as number 2 it aint in top 5. its not even on the level of production or anything game of thrones and i wouldnt even put that top of what ive watched. the wire is better than breaking bad for eg. imdb is a joke tbh.

Not sure if serious? Breaking bad, had the best character arc we’ve seen in modern day television. Moreover we have to mention the well thought out plots with extremely good writing. It definitely deserves to be in the top 5, if not the top 3.

Caporegime
I've just started watching The Wire, only about 3 episodes in. Can't say it's hooked me like Breaking Bad did at the start. But then it came out in 2002, in the era of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, X-Files, and various Star Treks wrapping up, so may have seemed impressive back then. As for being 'not the level of production', well S1 GoT wasn't the level of production S8 GoT was, but I know which I prefer.

Regarding Breaking Bad not making the top 5, gtfo is all I can say.

breaking bad overly hyped. it depends on what you like or your intelect to understand whats going off. for eg i click my fingers on editing cuts knowing when the transitions will change. most shows i can do it with out missing a transition. when i cant do it im quite impressed. hannibal for eg is far better than breaking bad in many ways. its very underated and clever . breakng bad is just a guy whos down on his luck and says screw it. pretty basic. hannibal is a whole different level if you catch all thats going on. some dont. give it a watch if you havent. the problem with big series is many get swept up in the hype or camaraderie of the show. so defend even weak episodes because people watch it together.

Caporegime
Not sure if serious? Breaking bad, had the best character arc we’ve seen in modern day television. Moreover we have to mention the well thought out plots with extremely good writing. It definitely deserves to be in the top 5, if not the top 3.

dont agree its massively popular. wouldnt put it in top 5 of what i watched. its a hamburger series for the masses. which most lap up without thinking about it.

before anyone uses imdb to base its relevance ricky and morty is the 3rd rated best series of all time on there list lol. sherlock at number 7 ROFL.

Don
What was so bad about it, myself and wife were like "well that wasnt too bad, dunno what everyone was moaning about".

Last Jedi effect to some degree, cool to hate it because social media and stuff.

Yes it was flawed, rushed and underwhelming, but certainly not "the worst ending ever". The bar was set so high by earlier seasons, and without the support of the book it was always going to be weaker imo.

Man of Honour
Oooo GOT or BB... tricky.

breaking bad overly hyped. it depends on what you like or your intelect to understand whats going off. for eg i click my fingers on editing cuts knowing when the transitions will change. most shows i can do it with out missing a transition. when i cant do it im quite impressed. hannibal for eg is far better than breaking bad in many ways. its very underated and clever . breakng bad is just a guy whos down on his luck and says screw it. pretty basic. hannibal is a whole different level if you catch all thats going on. some dont. give it a watch if you havent. the problem with big series is many get swept up in the hype or camaraderie of the show. so defend even weak episodes because people watch it together.
lol surely not. Hannibal is easily the worst show I have ever watched :o it is so dumb it hurts. I mean... a pig gives birth to a human. Yep, that’s a thing in the world of Hannibal. Entertaining series 1, absolutely mega lol in series 2, unwatchable by number 3. I looove me some lector but man, c’mon, that show is dumb.

An FBI agent suspects a man of being a murderer and then continue seeings said suspect as the suspect’s patient! Reeeeeeaaaaallllly. I mean... that show. Damn!

Maybe it is super smart in terms of its editing, that’s not something I give much thought to.

Caporegime
there are some things you miss then rewatch and like boom..amazing. one eg is a hitler refference and i think it was eddie izzard locked in a cell the shadow moves with the moon light through his cell onto the sink where it crosses the overflow hole and forms a hitler moustache. how deep is that or even clever. many miss things like that . shame as there are loads of things in hannibal like that but are just so deep they are glossed over by the breaking bad audience.

Caporegime

Shall I destroy your nonsense post now or wait?

Breaking Bad is...if not the best TV ever produced....If you base a show on Production cost then you clearly have zero idea what you are talking about....Other than posting on the internet what other credentials do you bring to the table?

Your post is laughable....

many levels that people miss which was my point...

That you have googled :p

there are some things you miss then rewatch and like boom..amazing. one eg is a hitler refference and i think it was eddie izzard locked in a cell the shadow moves with the moon light through his cell onto the sink where it crosses the overflow hole and forms a hitler moustache. how deep is that or even clever. many miss things like that . shame as there are loads of things in hannibal like that but are just so deep they are glossed over by the breaking bad audience.

Oh Please the mere fact you didn't get breaking bad and you get Hannibal is clear as day...Just becauae you don't get it dont feel sorry for yourself and feel lonely and outwitted...

Just admit..BB is above your intellect....

Caporegime
no ...its not how will you destroy my post. its just your opinion. what is breaking bad ? its a story about a underdog (who is appealing to most people especially uk as we love underdogs) who makes money from selling drugs. its sorta like a modern day the wire. just the wire did it first.

when people debate about which is the best series ask them what there top 5 is.

Caporegime
no ...its not how will you destroy my post. its just your opinion. what is breaking bad ? its a story about a underdog (who is appealing to most people especially uk as we love underdogs) who makes money from selling drugs. its sorta like a modern day the wire. just the wire did it first.

Oh dear...Do you even understand Subtext?

You pigeon holed millions of people as the BB crowd being blinkered ...

When in fact its you who are blinkered....

I'm going to enjoy this.....Albeit being too easy...:p

Man of Honour
Hmm interesting. I’m never too sure with stuff like that. I remember watching “don’t look now” (the old horror film) and thinking ‘huh.... that was a little disappointing’. I then when on the wiki page to see if I missed anything and there’s a whole ‘reoccurring themes’ thing with water and broken glass. Armed with that knowledge, it still doesn’t affect my enjoyment of the film at all and I found, in that instance, such gushing (as in this wiki article) a little pretentious.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_Look_Now

Caporegime
Oh dear...Do you even understand Subtext?

You pigeon holed millions of people as the BB crowd being blinkered ...

When in fact its you who are blinkered....

I'm going to enjoy this.....Albeit being too easy...:p

what are you top 5 series ? just so i can understand what you like mind set is ?

Caporegime
Hmm interesting. I’m never too sure with stuff like that. I remember watching “don’t look now” (the old horror film) and thinking ‘huh.... that was a little disappointing’. I then when on the wiki page to see if I missed anything and there’s a whole ‘reoccurring themes’ thing with water and broken glass. Armed with that knowledge, it still doesn’t affect my enjoyment of the film at all and I found, in that instance, such gushing (as in this wiki article) a little pretentious.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_Look_Now

hmmm... not sure if i seen this or not may have to give it a watch to see.

Caporegime
what are you top 5 series ? just so i can understand what you like mind set is ?

TBH most of them outstayed their welcome and lacked integrity at the end when they should have ended series ago...

BB is the only show that didn't.

Fargo Season two was Great...

The majority of Black Mirror is very well written...

S1 of true detective was great...

But nothing lives up to BB it is just Brilliant. But just because you didn't get it is not our fault...

Hannibal was dull....I gave up on Walking dead in S2, Lost in space I lasted 30 mins into the first episode..The wire was great then went rubbish....Sopranos was great but was too long....

None of these shows have been in the same league as BB....none of them...

Caporegime
black mirror decent. fargo dog**** season 1 true detective very hannibal so yeah i liked it.

sopranos is great ending is a kopout .

justified is a great show which many miss out on. dexter was great till they milked two seasons more than they should have. money often gets the better of big series.

Back
Top Bottom