• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
There are handful that do like BF and Witcher 3. Not sure about the upcoming ones.

https://i.imgur.com/YdeEPMc.jpg
Seems weird that the 9700k is cooler than the 9600k even though both are running at the same frequency. Also some odd results with the ryzen, is that poor coding? Is that in BFV? I've always found the frostbite engine pretty good at using all the cores + hyperthreading of my 2600k.

Soldato
Good business model. Asus pretty much has all the top Youtube tech channels in bed with them which is great PR advantage to have over it's rivals (notice almost any video that involves building a PC 8 times out of 10 it will have an Asus motherboard, 9.99 times out 10 if it's a top end/luxury build) hence why they can afford to cut a few corners here and there.

oc3d , skipped doing VRM tests for Z390 but ripped apart other vendors z370 boards . lol even commented on one of OCUK deals about poor vrm for z370 when asus z390 entry was the same or worse

but asus x570 is a different kettle of fish it seems

Soldato
I'd be a little concerned here. If everyone else thinks active cooling is necessary under certain circumstances, what makes Gigabyte think otherwise? I would not be surprised if it turns out they should have put a fan on there, because Gigabyte always seems to have some kind of design/support/BIOS/compatibility issues with their new products.

I have some test results under heavy load. Vendors should be using active cooling IMO.

Soldato
omg that guys vocal delivery is seriously horrendous, that was the worst video i have watched recently, even worse than that Red Tech Gaming muppet whose voice makes me want to smash things.

Soldato
They be dead, no 10nm in sight, 7nm is where? another refresh of 14++++++++++ for the next few years. AMD are going to do them in and I'm happy about that, Intel treat the desktop consumer like ****.

Associate
Seems weird that the 9700k is cooler than the 9600k even though both are running at the same frequency. Also some odd results with the ryzen, is that poor coding? Is that in BFV? I've always found the frostbite engine pretty good at using all the cores + hyperthreading of my 2600k.

Not just that. The R7 is running cooler than the R5. It is like the load is spread out, thus making the cpu work less harder. I noticed too with my R5 and R7. Both 65W TDP but the latter showing less pwr package read from HWINFO. In Win10 1903, the use of cores are more evenly distributed I noticed. Making multi-thread performance better. Downside, single thread performance a bit lower. Prolly just my Non X variants.

Soldato
They be dead, no 10nm in sight, 7nm is where? another refresh of 14++++++++++ for the next few years. AMD are going to do them in and I'm happy about that, Intel treat the desktop consumer like ****.
Your happy about losing the only competitor to AMD in the CPU market?
You do realise that given no competition AMD will also "treat the desktop customer like ****"?

Man of Honour
omg that guys vocal delivery is seriously horrendous, that was the worst video i have watched recently, even worse than that Red Tech Gaming muppet whose voice makes me want to smash things.
at least RGT has his own sources. gamermeld has that lolworthy voice and just rehashes news/rumpurs from other sites.

Associate
They be dead, no 10nm in sight, 7nm is where? another refresh of 14++++++++++ for the next few years. AMD are going to do them in..
The vast majority of CPUs are sold to OEMs and are not high end so no matter how good the Zen 2 twelve and sixteen core chips are they will have negligible impact on this market.
If AMD wants to disrupt the market they'd need to sell the 8c for £150 and 16c for £300. That would get people talking.

Associate
They will be a lot closer than they were through pretty much the entirety of the Pentium 4. Williamette was ok but underwhelming, Northwood was good but not great, Prescott was terrible and Cedar Mill was basically non-existent.

Was just thinking similar. AMD had much better performing parts than Intel for most of 2000-2010. Intel had better performing parts than AMD for most of the next decade. The trend looks like it could be about to switch again.

Both are still here, neither died.

I'd love Zen 2 to be mint, but either manufacturer being useless does nobody any favours, look at the GPU market.

Back
Top Bottom