Locking something that is not yours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Agree with OP's actions, his bike had effectively been kidnapped for Christ's sake! If someone cordoned off you drive would you not remove the barrier even if it meant damaging it?

It's not the same. This wasn’t his driveway (shed), therefore he was damaging someone else’s property. The landlord may not even be aware that the caretaker had added the new lock, so hardly fair that the landlord should stomach the cost.
OP should probably head to the Ecuadorean embassy now...

Soldato
What has that got to do with the price of fish?

Observation that he strikes me as the type of person who thinks he's right even though the overwhelming majority opinion/evidence proves otherwise. i.e. Trump, Flat Earthers, Creationists etc.

Excuse me, I've just watched a load of Netflix documentaries about these topics so a bit touchy about peoples blatant ignorance to reality at the moment

Soldato
Agree with OP's actions, his bike had effectively been kidnapped for Christ's sake! If someone cordoned off you drive would you not remove the barrier even if it meant damaging it?

If someone had put a cordon on MY drive, which is MY property without notifying me with good reason or asking my permission (or under legal grounds), then yes I would remove the barrier (I'd attempt to do so without damaging it, but if it did get damaged in the process then tough). I'd also charge whoever placed it there for my time taken to remove it, and for storage until they came to collect said barrier.

However the OP's situation is completely different, it's not HIS shed, it belongs to someone else and he has been given access to it, so it would be more like if someone had cordoned off the whole road. Yes it would be a pain in the bottom, but I'd have no legal right to remove said barrier.

Soldato
Until someone appeared and said sorry give us a minute and we'll shift that for you.
Strangely enough, that's exactly what happened when GigaClear put barriers up all along our road - I was late for work, but still waited the 20 seconds it took one of their gang to jog on over, apologise and simply move it aside for a moment while I drove out the driveway.

It's not the same. This wasn’t his driveway (shed), therefore he was damaging someone else’s property.
It is the same, and in the example above OP would have simply run over the barriers (and any work crew in the way) to "teach them a lesson".

Soldato
You overreacted massively, acted like an entitled brat rather than acting like an adult and dealing with the situation in a calm way.

imo you should be made to pay for all damage and banned from using it.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
OP
Oh wow, A2Z, you crack me up! Who are you? Judge Dredd.....I AM THE LAWWWWW!

over 150 replies so far and not one has backed your actions up.
Why do you think I posted in GD when I had no reason to..you think I was expecting for people to back up my actions? No..just wanted to start up a conversation as the forum has been boring me for some time with the threads I was reading.

Anyway thanks for all the replies, was fun, think it's ran it's course though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom