Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Soldato
Nah I disagree, chaos orb recipe is a newbie trap. It is useful in some cases, solo self found for example. But you can make much more other ways.

Best ways to make currency is to go on POE ninja, see what the high tickets items are and get them. Delves are good for cash selling fossils etc. Lab enchants has always been good and item flipping on POE trade.

edit: sorry just realised you said besides trading, then yea there's not much else, but it would take a lot to get enough to buy into higher tier builds without trading.

Soldato
I still tend to use it even with trading, but only for a while into a new season until I get a better currency base for mapping. After that I keep a couple of sets of rares in case I get the double chaos prophecy. The double Chaos vendor recipe is arguably worth it depending on how fast you can clear maps, but I hate never ID'ing amulets, rings and belts so I never really like using it.

Associate
I used the recipe all the time in previous seasons and made several hundred quite easily over the time I played. It's only when I got to the latter stages of my time in the betrayal league that I actually started to value check items. I had a good couple of items drop near the end which sold well, I remember getting some mirrored swords that sold for a couple of hundred chaos each, they were literally on the market for seconds before I got bombarded with messages. I look back now and think how much currency I must have squandered by using the recipe. It can be a bit of a chore going through every item and comparing them on the market to see if its good or not, that's how people make their money though.

I still hold hope that I'll one day have some mega luck and get some exalts or valuable items early, my mate was lucky enough to have one of those treasure rooms keys drop randomly whilst low level. I think he sold it for something like 15 exalt to one of the big youtube players who was stocking up on them. He was essentially sorted for the season before he'd even made it half way through the story the lucky git.

Soldato
Undecided here! I always am until literally mins before league starts. I heard Bane has been nurfed and yea ED/Contagion seems to be a really popular choice for starters this league. I done ED/C a couple of times now so probably won't roll one.

Associate
I took a few leagues off for a break.
Come back to this game in Legion to catch back upto speed.

All set for 3.8, and I think I will start with Mines.

Just the patch notes and passive tree changes on wednesday, to confirm what I will play.

Back
Top Bottom